Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 6:44 PM
I need some help please.........
Hi! I'm new to the site and I needed some help, I need Tarlia's clean templates so I can make my own non corrupted megahood but I can't download from mediafire because it never works NEVER! is there another way I can get them? thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 8:18 PM
Have you tried to right-click and "save as" on the Mediafire links?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 10:41 PM
Yes and the .RARS don't save right for some reason, it's driving me crazy.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 10:50 PM
Maybe try a different browser? The links work fine for me in IE and Firefox.

(By the way, I'm assuming this is the site you're referring to: http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html - if it's another site, please post a link)

Also, you do have an unrar/unzip program, right? If you don't, the computer won't be able to read the files. I think only certain zip files can be read without an unzip/unrar program.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Maybe try a different browser? The links work fine for me in IE and Firefox.

(By the way, I'm assuming this is the site you're referring to: http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html - if it's another site, please post a link)

Also, you do have an unrar/unzip program, right? If you don't, the computer won't be able to read the files. I think only certain zip files can be read without an unzip/unrar program.
That's the one, yeah I have a unzip/unrar program it's supposed to recognize rars and it typically does but those one's it can't recognize, I just really want to play but it's hard to play my neighborhoods knowing ea screwed them up.

ps. I use Firefox but I tried them with IE and Chrome as well.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 12:01 AM
What happens when you try to open the files?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 12:19 AM
I use alzip (free program, reads both rar, zip, and a bunch of others), and I also have the trial version of Winrar, and both can open the files. Maybe your program only recognizes zip files?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 2:14 AM Last edited by Creeperkid75 : 24th Feb 2017 at 3:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
What happens when you try to open the files?

It says it does not recognize the format, even though I've opened rar's before.
I use alzip (free program, reads both rar, zip, and a bunch of others), and I also have the trial version of Winrar, and both can open the files. Maybe your program only recognizes zip files?
It should be able to open zips and rars, I wonder if Tarlia's still on MTS? I should try sending a PM. [EDIT] Sending a PM wouldn't do anything for me, it's against the rule's to ask someone to send you something, what am I going to do now?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 4:41 AM
Alzip is also only free trial (though it works after trial expire too). The free program is 7zip. I will recommend download it and try open the files. I had no problems downoading from there and opening recently.

Right click on rar file and choose open with... then from window choose 7zip and commit.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Alzip is also only free trial (though it works after trial expire too). The free program is 7zip. I will recommend download it and try open the files. I had no problems downoading from there and opening recently.

Right click on rar file and choose open with... then from window choose 7zip and commit.
it said it could not open it as an archive, I might not be able to play a corruption free megahood after all........
Instructor
#11 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 6:10 AM
Maybe you should download it again, for it might be corrupted.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LFact
Maybe you should download it again, for it might be corrupted.
I think it is, I would contact Tarlia but I have no way to, and it suck's that it's against the rule's to ask someone to send something to you, I really hate mediafire!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 8:21 AM
Okay, cool down.
What file it was what you downloaded and was corrupted?
Did other her files a same?
Which unrar program you used?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#14 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 4:01 PM
And what's the extension of the file?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 8:58 PM Last edited by Creeperkid75 : 24th Feb 2017 at 10:38 PM.
Okay, cool down.
What file it was what you downloaded and was corrupted?
Did other her files a same?
Which unrar program you used?
I've used WinZIP 7zip WinRAR and Openrar (from the windows store) and yes all of the files did the same thing.

Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
And what's the extension of the file?
.RAR
Mad Poster
#16 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 9:35 PM
Exactly like that? With capital letters? Try rename to small letters.
Something is wrong when you download. When you right click on green download box and choose "Save link as..." what is type and filename extension?
Mad Poster
#17 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 9:41 PM
Why the heck would you right click the green Download button?? This annoys me...lol
I simply click it, and it opens a window asking me if I want to open the file, or save the file. Of course, I always choose save the file, then browse to my desktop. Why making it complicated...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#18 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 10:14 PM
I always right-click links on Mediafire and various other places, because
1: It circumvents the "waiting for download/already downloaded" message that occasionaly shows for a while on Mediafire (waiting for ages, without anything happening - used to be a big problem earlier)
2: It circumvents any popups/popovers (ads that pretend to be buttons by appearing invisible over the actual button you want to click - this can be a big problem at Mediafire even with adblocker and popup blockers and whatnots).
3: Because of browser settings I have to ctrl-click links to make popups appear (I got tired of accidentally clicking popups everywhere), so right-clicking is a way to go around the "do you want to download this file" message.
4: Depending on the browser and sast saved file, the files automatically save to the "downloaded files" box or wherever the last location was, and I don't want them to save there. "Save as" lets me save to desktop or to a new folder without having to go seaching. I also sometimes like to copy the name of the file to use on a new folder, and can do that in the same process.
5: (to sum up) It's occasionally faster, and often a little bit safer than left-clicking.
6: It's become a habit.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 10:15 PM
Exactly like that? With capital letters? Try rename to small letters.
Something is wrong when you download. When you right click on green download box and choose "Save link as..." what is type and filename extension?
MainHood_Pleasantview.rar it says it's a archive but no program can open it I thinks it's corrupted.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Why the heck would you right click the green Download button?? This annoys me...lol
I simply click it, and it opens a window asking me if I want to open the file, or save the file. Of course, I always choose save the file, then browse to my desktop. Why making it complicated...
If I click the green download button (and yes it's the real one) it will open a new window and take me to 4dsply.com if you google 4dsply.com you will find that it's a front for adware, and the .rar never downloads never.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 10:22 PM
I just tried to download the MainHood_Pleasantview.rar (and yes, I right-clicked the download button, because that's what I do at Mediafire). It downloaded without any issues, and all the files appear to be there.

(FYI, I have an adblocker installed (three actually - but that's beside the point), and popup-blockers, and mostly high settings on browser security, so I haven't had any troubles with ads on Mediafire for a while - but I have no idea how the site is with ads now. I've heard it's a nightmare, and I believe it. If you go onto Mediafire without an adblocker these days, you're taking big risks with your computer.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 10:30 PM
I just tried to download the MainHood_Pleasantview.rar (and yes, I right-clicked the download button). It downloaded without any issues, and all the files appear to be there.

(FYI, I have an adblocker installed, and popup-blockers, and mostly high settings on browser security, so I haven't had any troubles with ads on Mediafire for a while - but I have no idea how the site is with ads now. I've heard it's a nightmare, and I believe it...)
I must horrible luck then, I have a popup blocker and yes mediafire is a nightmare a nightmare from the bowels of........ a bad place, I just wish I knew why I can't download them correctly.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 10:51 PM
Oh well, thank you for explaining. I never once had to right click, it always worked for me by simply clicking a download link. I also set everything to ask me where I want anything I download to save to. My habit.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#23 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 10:59 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Feb 2017 at 12:08 AM.
Popup-blockers won't help much on there unless you also have an adblocker, and activating ctrl-clicking for opening links is also a good idea if the browser you use has that option (If you accidentally click a link that goes to a popup, you'll in most cases just get a "do you want to open this page" warning). Ads in general are awful, but hidden ads are the worst.

I have adblocker for the browsers I use, plus adblocker ultimate on Firefox. I think the ultimate edition helps against the "popunder" and overlay ads (those overlaying real download buttons).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 11:22 PM
If only Tarlia could email them to me or something that would be helpful, I would ask but I can't here and I'm not on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 11:58 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Feb 2017 at 12:13 AM.
Not sure if it would help - looks like her last post over there was in 2014, so unless she's got a new Tumblr or is elsewhere in the community, it's possible she's not available.

The files are very big (around 30 MB each), so I'm not sure they can be added to an E-mail.

Just out of curiosity, did you try the right-clicking or installing adblock?
(right-click the green download button, choose "Save target as", and look to see if it's the rar file you're saving, and not whatever is in the popup)

Adblock can be found here: https://adblockplus.org/ (click the browser icons under the green button to find the proper version), and the Ultimate version for Firefox here - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fi...ocker-ultimate/ (says it blocks popunders/overlays). Just note that if you want to block potentially unsafe ads on sites like Mediafire, but still want to support sites that use safe and non-intrusive ads as a means to stay up, you can whitelist the safe sites.
Page 1 of 2