Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 4:28 AM
Default Irritating door issue.
(I do have this posted under the build category but Volevnom suggested I also ask here) So I'm building a world and when it comes to certain doors my sims cannot go through them. I get the route failing popup and in order to fix this I have to go into build mode click on the door move it out of the place it is at than put it back in it's place. Than my sims can go through the door just fine. What makes this irritating is that I'll never know what doors will receive this glitch. Some of them have been exterior doors and one of them is an interior door. The interior door is for an apartment. When I go to fix the doors I ensure the moveObjects is off to make sure that I could originally place the door. Which hasn't been an issue. Finally it hasn't been an issue with one particular door but multiple doors, as well as single and double doors. I'd be grateful for any help.
Oh also I don't have any modded doors that prevent entry.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 12:11 PM
The reason I asked you to go here is because it's a world issue, at least that's where I've seen it. I haven't meet this problem myself though, which I find a bit puzzling. I wonder what the routing below that building is, just for curiosity really? It just just be one of those game dependent bugs that happens to a slightly bugged game, on the other hand I had quite a few of those doors in Nilxis Barcelona when I tested it. I know he just went around and replaced the doors.

I'm searching for solutions around, and what about these:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...lease-read-this
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=3354.0

I'll see if I can find more later.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 4:32 PM
Oh no I'm not upset or anything! I honestly wasn't sure where to ask my question, under the caw catagory or under build.

For one building I thought it might have been because I painted non-routable sim paint near the lot the paint and I might not have been paying attention and accidentally painted where the lot actually is. I checked and it was free and clear of paint.

After reading the first link you posted, thanks for that! I wonder if it is a glitch with the hidden room marker, because now that I think about it all of the lots that have this door issue have a hidden room maker on them. Irritatingly enough it's only a few lots with the hidden room marker on it.

After you asked about the routing, I'm wondering if it's the rugs that are causing the issue. I've got rugs in front of , or close to, all of the doors that are having this problem.

If that doesn't work I'll remove all my cc and test that.

I'll report back as soon as I've done one, or both tests.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ruffdog24
Oh no I'm not upset or anything! I honestly wasn't sure where to ask my question, under the caw catagory or under build.

No worries. It could possibly belong both places, but world builders seems to discuss it from time to time.

That first thread was very interesting. I don't think I could test it though, because as I said, I don't see it much in my buildings. After reading this thread I wonder if my buildings has less issues as a hole because they are less cluttered. I'm a minimalist, less is more for me.
Scholar
#5 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 2:50 AM
I don't know if this is the situation in the world where you are having the problem, but I encountered this when I first started making Late Night style apartments. As mentioned the hidden / public room markers can be problems if the "divider" to the room is made from something the sim can walk through. For example, if the monorail (low) fence is used to edge a roof and a hidden room marker placed on the roof, it will cause routing problems because the game does not consider that a true "divider" and the entire outside becomes a hidden room. The divider must be something the sim cannot walk through - hedge / fence / wall, etc. Another problem occurs with apartments on foundations - the public / hidden room markers must be on every level to be recognized by the game. A place marked as public that the sims cannot access also causes problems. If it is apartments where you are having the problem, you may want to use the "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false" cheat/code to look at the room markers. Maybe this will help ...
Space Pony
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 5:14 AM
Sorry I haven't replied in a bit, EIG has been giving me problems which is making fixing this door issue a problem. I'm also once again starting to burn out on building this world.

I managed to fix two of the buildings one of them I think was just having a problem because it was a rabbit hole, with a RH rug. but I made plenty of space around the rug and got rid of the hidden room marker, I painted the floors and walls solid black in place of the hidden room marker.

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
That first thread was very interesting. I don't think I could test it though, because as I said, I don't see it much in my buildings. After reading this thread I wonder if my buildings has less issues as a hole because they are less cluttered. I'm a minimalist, less is more for me.

I do have a bit of a clutter issue. I tend to pack most of my buildings full of various things, oddly enough the one building that had this issue and had the most stuff in it. I fixed. I'm not sure if it was removing the rug in front of the door or just getting rid of the hidden room makers and making the floors and walls solid black that I wanted hidden.

Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
I don't know if this is the situation in the world where you are having the problem, but I encountered this when I first started making Late Night style apartments. As mentioned the hidden / public room markers can be problems if the "divider" to the room is made from something the sim can walk through. For example, if the monorail (low) fence is used to edge a roof and a hidden room marker placed on the roof, it will cause routing problems because the game does not consider that a true "divider" and the entire outside becomes a hidden room. The divider must be something the sim cannot walk through - hedge / fence / wall, etc. Another problem occurs with apartments on foundations - the public / hidden room markers must be on every level to be recognized by the game. A place marked as public that the sims cannot access also causes problems. If it is apartments where you are having the problem, you may want to use the "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false" cheat/code to look at the room markers. Maybe this will help ...

Ya that's the last building that has this door issue. I didn't preform the fix that I did for the building with all the clutter. Mostly because the apartment has been a pain in my side since I first built it. So the apartment I made does have a foundation with sloped driveway underneath it. I believe I've check the room makers, a few time and I feel like they move levels. Either that or I'm just forgetting to save.
Either way I'll test it and report back.

Thanks for all of your guys' help!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 4:18 AM
So just to re-iterate if someone stumbles upon this

If the tips bellow don't work also make sure

If you use the hidden room markers, instead paint those areas with black floors and black walls. For some bizarre reason some community lots don't like these Note I haven't tested tombs.

Make sure there are no rugs right in front of the door. Leave at least one tile of space.

Also check out these links
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...lease-read-this

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=3354.0

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I don't see it much in my buildings. After reading this thread I wonder if my buildings has less issues as a hole because they are less cluttered. I'm a minimalist, less is more for me.

Custom rabbit holes using rabbit hole rugs
Make sure nothing is with in four tiles on all sides of the rug. As well as diagonally too.

Apartments
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN

To add if you have a slopped *sloped*? Driveway in your apartment like me and you use the hidden marker to hide the inside of the foundation, place the hidden marker on a level part of the ground inside the foundation.