Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 3:53 AM
Default Longest Running Neighborhood?
What is your longest running neighborhood? My current one is my longest, and has been going on strong since last December/November (pathetic, I know). I lost previous neighborhoods to corruption- I never had to deal with corruption in TS4, but fortunately, my neighborhood is corruption free!
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 5:31 AM Last edited by Charmful : 28th Feb 2017 at 5:43 AM.
My current one is like...about nine years old called Isla Del Kashmire. I started it in 2007 when I bought new NL disks after I accidentally broke my copy because it was ejected from my computer at the time and my mother was trolling me and called to me saying "You're favorite commercial is on!"

Being the gullible college sophomore I was, I bounded out of my room, tripped on the power cord, and my computer (mac mini) came tumbling down with the ejected disk breaking in half. Then I find out the battered pets ASPCA commercial where Sarah McLachlan is singing 'Arms of the Angels' was the one my mom told me to come watch and she knew that was my least favorite because it makes me cry. Well that day I was crying over battered animals and the fact my sims disk was broken.

Okay back to the point, my neighborhood is almost a decade old and I play super slow because in-born game sims that were uni students in 2012 are just now elders. There is also corruption but I've liken my hood to a pool floaty that has duct tape all over it to keep the air in.

Also, I now realize, I already told you all this in your other thread about 'favorite neighborhoods'. Oh well here it was again.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#3 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 5:49 AM
I have been playing the same hood (Veronaville+subgoods) since 2008 (or 09, don't remember) and still play it. The hood have some issues here and there but seems to be quite healthy.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 5:57 AM
Oakbrook's been around about a year now, while my second-longest hood lasted about nine months. Doing lots of backups helps.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 6:20 AM
That's amazing! I wish I didn't get bored of hoods so quickly-but I think this one's a keeper! When I was younger, those ASPCA commercials used to make me cry so much... :'(
Anyways, I have been taking MANY measures to ensure this hood doesn't get corrupted, and I'm doing great so far! It's slowly developing more and more...
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 7:35 AM
I've also been playing Veronaville for 9 years.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 7:55 AM
Time is relative. There is a difference between hours and years spent on a hood.

I have a hood nearing 6 years, but I don't play it as often as I used to play my first hood, which was completely vanilla and blew up after four and a half years. I really played that hood. No downloads. No talking on forums about the game. No trying other games in between. No building for competitions or uploading stuff. Just playing... It ended with 224 families spread over several subhoods. And I have a second hood too!

These days, I like building, I really enjoy taking part in building competitions, I spend time downloading and on 50/50's, etc. And I love it.But in terms of actual time spent on a game, yes, that vanished hood (sob sob) which was still the best hood ever!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 9:46 AM
I used to get bored with TS2 and make the huge mistake of deleting my saves when uninstalling. Then months later when I wanted to play again I had to start over lol
But I always keep my saves now. Anyway, my longest running nhood right now is Riverside, and it is around a year or so. And since I rotational play many families, the first adults I created when populating the neighborhood are just now turning into elders
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 9:51 AM
Veronaville may be the least popular of the three base game 'hoods, but those of us who like it clearly love it. Yes, mine too is of course Veronaville. I can't equal 9 years, but I've been playing it ever since I first started up the game on 30th November 2012. And I still have all my Sims with me -- not only have none of them died, but most of them haven't even aged up. I have a lot of CAS Sims there, and townies made playable, but all the Maxis pre-made playables are there too.

I am currently playing Baldrair Bluffs, a new custom 'hood with LGU attached, but a main reason for me starting it is to get myself thoroughly acquainted with university before I send any of my beloved Veronaville teens there. The last time I played Veronaville was 14th February, when I sent my original Sim Andrew on a Valentine Day's date with his steady boyfriend Julian. I haven't finished that date, so I know it won't be long till I start Veronaville up again to complete it.

I feel really comfortable with Veronaville, and, if it were only possible, there's nothing I'd like better than to be able to go there and live with my Sims.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#10 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 10:03 AM
My oldest 'hood was 3 or 4 months old when I had enough of it. My problem is I want it to be too perfect. Then a minor detail goes wrong, I start to focus on that detail and the 'hood is just gone to me, so I start over... it's horrible. But at the same time I like to start over, so I'm okay with it. I guess.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TychoH
My oldest 'hood was 3 or 4 months old when I had enough of it. My problem is I want it to be too perfect. Then a minor detail goes wrong, I start to focus on that detail and the 'hood is just gone to me, so I start over... it's horrible. But at the same time I like to start over, so I'm okay with it. I guess.

This sounds exactly like me!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 2:28 PM
I think my longest running hood lasted about 6 months...!

I never quite get past generation one as infants or toddlers (maybe children depending) because all my sims are quite long-lived to give me time to do everything, and because I get overwhelmed easily. I have a very particular way that I want to play, so when I feel like I've overdone it or 'messed up' and have too many sims who's lives are dangling (i.e, I don't know what purpose they're supposed to have in the hood, and I don't feel like playing them to find out) then I get rid of that iteration of the hood and start again.

I prefer to have my sims created for a purpose instead of me going "oh, I just need to populate" and winding up with 40 sims I'm not emotionally invested in at all. I had way to much of that in my version of Belladonna Cove, so I'm planning to scrap it and start it again over the weekend.

I've been playing in my custom hood for a while, and I'm much happier with it than I am with the Maxis hoods (if only because I started it with far fewer sims and families. it's a lot easier for me to get into the storylines of just a few families and then slowly grow the hood.)

I like to jump between hoods when I get tired of playing one or want to try out a mod that wouldn't work in the current hood. I keep each one culturally distinct and try out different storylines in each, so it's more like choosing the style of play I'm in the mood for.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 7:19 PM
We had a poll on this a while back: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#14 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 7:32 PM
I started my current hood Granville, which also is my longest running on 10th May 2011. It's semi-integrated.
I started with 10 sims and I currently have 40+ households and 170+ pixels.

I quit playing Paray, the hood I was playing before my current one because I had 30+ households and I was feeling overwhelmed at the time.
Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with my current hood but I love the pixels living there and I don't want to quit playing them. I love the generational part of the game and see how genetics work through generations. I think that some households are generation 5-6 or maybe 7.
I loosely keep track of my pixels though.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 9:17 PM
Even after 9 years my hood is manageable because I regularly do a cull, getting rid of those I'm not emotionally invested in or surplus to storyline requirements. I have three main families but of course pretty much all the Sims are related.

Edit: And by getting rid of I of course mean kill off. The cemeteries are quite full.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 9:34 PM
I am emotionally invested in all my Sims, and anyway their lives are inviolate because they live under the protection of a constitution which guarantees them "inalienable rights . . . to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness". There are currently about 30 households in Greater Veronaville. The neighbourhood remains manageable because of the very low birth rate - 2 live births in four and a half years! Population growth is almost entirely due to immigration (aka CAS!). Sims keep moving in because Veronaville has become a desirable place to live. (P.S. I'd be happy to live there myself!)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I am emotionally invested in all my Sims, and anyway their lives are inviolate because they live under the protection of a constitution which guarantees them "inalienable rights . . . to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness". There are currently about 30 households in Greater Veronaville. The neighbourhood remains manageable because of the very low birth rate - 2 live births in four and a half years! Population growth is almost entirely due to immigration (aka CAS!). Sims keep moving in because Veronaville has become a desirable place to live. (P.S. I'd be happy to live there myself!)

I think I lie about the emotional investment. I get quite sad about some of them and imagine the family members gathered round at the funeral.
Theorist
#18 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by krudyard
Even after 9 years my hood is manageable because I regularly do a cull, getting rid of those I'm not emotionally invested in or surplus to storyline requirements. I have three main families but of course pretty much all the Sims are related.

Edit: And by getting rid of I of course mean kill off. The cemeteries are quite full.

My cemetery is full too but it's mostly full of sims dead of old ages.I need to make some room.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 10:03 PM
My oldest one is older than my son. He's 8, but my sims have barely aged I don't play that hood very often any more, because it's corrupted and because I never finished building it. I want to get back to it, though.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#20 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 12:06 AM
I'm still playing my original Pleasantview - started in 2005 or 6 I think? Of course I have put it on hiatus for years at a time so it's not continuous play. I'm currently on gen 4 there. It is corrupted, but I keep it hobbling along with hood checker. I'm trying to wrap up the storylines so I can finally put it to bed, but I can't quite figure out how to do that. It's like trying to end a soap, lol.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Scholar
#21 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 12:31 AM
My oldest is Strangetown, 4 years old and running. Runner up is Pleasantview and only because I haven't played it as much as Strangetown. I basically started them at the same time. Strangetown is heavily corrupted and almost everyone is related to everyone and Pleasantview is coming right up behind it.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Field Researcher
#22 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 12:42 AM
My oldest one was something like 4 years I think, but I probably deleted it because I got bored of it. I have a tendency to do that after a couple of years.

Cove Family (ts4 family tree)
Theorist
#23 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 12:43 AM
My longest running neighborhood was less than a year before I moved on to another one. I have been playing this game off and on since it was first released and have never felt the need to play a neighborhood for a long period of time. However, I enjoy starting anew - that is not the case for everyone.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Field Researcher
#24 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 1:23 AM
@DezzyBoo I have the same everyone being related to everyone problem in my Pleasantview. I don't like marrying 4th gen born-in-games to townies since the relatives are so lopsided, but there's just no other way now without marrying cousins. It's like suburban Deliverance.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
I think my longest running hood lasted about 6 months...!

I never quite get past generation one as infants or toddlers (maybe children depending) because all my sims are quite long-lived to give me time to do everything, and because I get overwhelmed easily. I have a very particular way that I want to play, so when I feel like I've overdone it or 'messed up' and have too many sims who's lives are dangling (i.e, I don't know what purpose they're supposed to have in the hood, and I don't feel like playing them to find out) then I get rid of that iteration of the hood and start again.

I prefer to have my sims created for a purpose instead of me going "oh, I just need to populate" and winding up with 40 sims I'm not emotionally invested in at all. I had way to much of that in my version of Belladonna Cove, so I'm planning to scrap it and start it again over the weekend.

I've been playing in my custom hood for a while, and I'm much happier with it than I am with the Maxis hoods (if only because I started it with far fewer sims and families. it's a lot easier for me to get into the storylines of just a few families and then slowly grow the hood.)

I like to jump between hoods when I get tired of playing one or want to try out a mod that wouldn't work in the current hood. I keep each one culturally distinct and try out different storylines in each, so it's more like choosing the style of play I'm in the mood for.

I also never pass generation one/two. My hood has roughly 20-26 sims, that I am in the process of getting to know. However, it's hard not to repeat personalities and faces... I also prefer custom hoods to maxis, and making a maxis hood was one of the first things I did in TS2!
Page 1 of 2