Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 8:52 PM
Default FT serving platters
Does anyone have any experience of cloning FT platters, i.e. the cheese platter or chips and dip platter? I've successfully (more or less) cloned one, but neither of my new meshes are showing up. I'm pretty sure that's because the plates are all separate objects which are being spawned in different bits of the BHAVs - the single plate, at least, is definitely an accessory (whyyyy, EA, the way you do literally every other food in the game is FINE), and there are a bunch of other Create New Object Instance lines in the various BHAVs... and I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

But I don't even know if I've got all the relevant BHAVs in the package, and even if I have, reading EA BHAVs is a strange kind of masochism. So if anyone has ever done this before, and documented it... I'd love to see the documentation, even if it's just scrappy notes. (I will document the process from here on out - but apparently when I was working on this a few months ago, I didn't think of documenting the first few steps >.>)

I'd also love to see a finished, working clone of an FT platter, that I could poke it - I've posted in WCIF already, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

(It's spawning the plates separately from the food...)

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 4:22 PM Last edited by clsve : 13th Mar 2017 at 6:13 PM.
With ObjectWorkshop in SimPE clone three objects with name "Cheese" in the Unknown folder and you will get both your platters and corresponding menus complete with mesh and a lot of BHAVs. The game interacts with both object and menu in a lot of the created BHAVs by GUID-numbers so you will get a lot of work to finish your clones.