Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 8:04 PM
If this thing played randomly IRL whilst something dramatic/chaotic happened or started to happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHkvmPOfjuM
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 2:53 AM
More like how hilarious it would be if pets, or at least dogs, can fart themselves. The number of times one of my sister's dogs constantly makes stink bombs near people has gotten pretty annoying, but the way the Sims make a big deal out of bad smells is downright funny.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 2:56 AM
If sims could brows the web on their cellphones.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 3:48 AM
Not a happy-fun-time thing, but I would actually really like to see believable structural fires. After all, unless you live in a stone castle, your walls are just as likely to burn as your sofa is! I want burned-out walls and floors and build elements to be a possibility!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 3:51 AM
You mean they're not? (I guess I really haven't seen enough fires; I just assumed the whole house would eventually burn down.)
Mad Poster
#31 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
You mean they're not? (I guess I really haven't seen enough fires; I just assumed the whole house would eventually burn down.)

No, sim fires are restricted to the room they started in.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn

Not that I've ever seen, and I've had enough fires that burned right next to a wall for a good long while that I'd expect to have seen it, if it happens! I think if you left it unattended, a house fire would eventually leave you with an interesting version of an empty shell- walls, wallpaper, floors, windows, doors, and roofs all still intact, but all objects (maybe with the exception of the fireplace itself, which is usually what happens IRL too) like furnishings and even stairwells and columns and the like burned away into ash.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Inventor
#33 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 6:49 AM
You guys should see the end of LazyGameReviewer's review of the Sims 2 base game, when he purposely let something in the oven burn until it ignited the whole appliance. The household lost everything in the kitchen (including the bits of food lying on the floor), poor Duke Nukem bit the dust and LGR's own Simsona (who goes by the same name) went insane after achieving his fear of seeing fire.

Of course the game's piece of logic there doesn't make sense, and here I go comparing virtual logic with real life logic again. XD

Fire affects furniture, objects and Sims, but not the entire house. If it was like that in real life, it won't be easy to replace everything we lost but at least we'll still keep our home.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
No, sim fires are restricted to the room they started in.

Not quite true. Fire can spread elsewhere if carried by a sim.

I know this because of the day poor Spring Thyme died. The fire started in the yard from a lightning-struck bush. The entire family went outside and panicked. As I tried desperately to keep them extinguishing each other, Spring ran back inside flaming like a torch, dying in the doorway, but not before the flame spread to the rug and set off the fire alarm at last. No one could plead for her because Grim appeared in the doorway and no one could get at him.

I have also seen (in what I believe was the original play-through, by Fuzzy Spork, of the Trailer Park Challenge) the entire contents of a trailer lot, except for the bathroom and including the entire collection of yard gnomes go up in flames. I believe it didn't spread to the bathroom because Fuzzy managed to lock a sim or two in there to save them - the fire couldn't burn through the door. But IIRC the family lost everything except the bathroom plumbing, which must have meant the fire spread from room to room (possibly by burning sims).

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 7:26 AM
I feel the need to experiment with fire now...
Mad Poster
#36 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Not quite true. Fire can spread elsewhere if carried by a sim.

I know this because of the day poor Spring Thyme died. The fire started in the yard from a lightning-struck bush. The entire family went outside and panicked. As I tried desperately to keep them extinguishing each other, Spring ran back inside flaming like a torch, dying in the doorway, but not before the flame spread to the rug and set off the fire alarm at last. No one could plead for her because Grim appeared in the doorway and no one could get at him.

I have also seen (in what I believe was the original play-through, by Fuzzy Spork, of the Trailer Park Challenge) the entire contents of a trailer lot, except for the bathroom and including the entire collection of yard gnomes go up in flames. I believe it didn't spread to the bathroom because Fuzzy managed to lock a sim or two in there to save them - the fire couldn't burn through the door. But IIRC the family lost everything except the bathroom plumbing, which must have meant the fire spread from room to room (possibly by burning sims).

Once in Sims 1, the Sweetheart family experience a terrible fire, and Rainbow died, leaving just her daughter, Rose. The fire took out the bottom stairs. There was no money for rebuilding so poor Rose, who was on the top floor at the time, just had to live there until I finally got tired and sad for her and moved her to the homeless bin where she remained until the inevitable plague of upside-down clown heads forced a reinstall.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#37 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 5:16 PM
It is quite bizarre to see a enormous fire raging outside the house, but never touching it at all..burning up everything (including the road..) in it's path. I've had several spectacular blazes that did exactly that, and I spent a good hour deleting all the ashes from the lot-they're removable with the moveobjects on cheat, and they are worth $1 each.
It's easier to delete them by hand than to have the pixels do it because they become depressed, tired, smelly and are in general just useless in cleaning it up.
Now, if there are pixels around when one breaks out, I keep them inside (lock that door!) have them call the fire department and enjoy the hard work of the fire department guys while they're frantically running about trying to put it out.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#38 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 5:24 PM
One of my more spectacular fires occurred after the telescope was struck by lightning and the stargazing Sim was set on fire. The fire brigade did not arrive in time.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#39 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 5:29 PM
I love on how your comments are relative/inrelative with the thread's topic.... I guess fire is "AWESOME" xD
Scholar
#40 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 11:55 PM
I guess that under very controlled conditions, playing with fire can be awesome...
Mad Poster
#41 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 3:45 AM
Especially when it's on a lot where your pixel has an enemy, and he just threw the firebomb at the house. Revenge is sweet at times..

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#42 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 3:48 AM
How exactly are you getting your pixels to throw firebombs at their enemies' houses?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#43 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 4:00 AM
Probably simwardrobe fire bomb.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#44 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 9:28 AM
Sims can throw those things? Or are we just pretending the sim threw the bomb and it was really the Watcher who threw it for him?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#45 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 9:59 AM
I think so, pretending.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#46 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 10:14 AM
It is the firebomb I was in reference to-and it's absolutely conflagration invoking when it's used. I've only used it once, but it laid waste to everything on the lot..except the shell of the house.
Oh, and there were no survivors, except for the arsonist, who escaped by taxi just a few seconds before it went off..

Page 2 of 2