Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mini Tropical Beach With Waves

by Snowhaze Posted 2nd Apr 2017 at 2:52 PM - Updated 3rd Apr 2017 at 12:20 PM by Snowhaze : Adjusted Text and Requirements

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 3:36 PM
This one will be just right, Thank you so much for building this! really missed the beach also
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 4:59 PM
You are really good at this.I have been hoping for a beach. Thank u. cant wait to see more.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 8:19 PM
Amazing work. So talented!!!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 9:19 PM
Default sorry but i don't understand everithing?
Sorry for my English. but you said that we must do the folder in the mod , but in the instruction they say that we must extrait the folder and do it in the tray, What i must do for to have all lot? tray ? Or Just mod???
And we must to download all the other thing the color of the water ect... for to have the same lot of you? sorry to disturb you for that.But I love your mod.Thank you in advence for you answer.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 10:02 PM
Thank you! It is beautiful!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 11:53 PM
What a beautiful little beach! Thank you for all the time and effort you put into this!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by prudence25
Sorry for my English. but you said that we must do the folder in the mod , but in the instruction they say that we must extrait the folder and do it in the tray, What i must do for to have all lot? tray ? Or Just mod???
And we must to download all the other thing the color of the water ect... for to have the same lot of you? sorry to disturb you for that.But I love your mod.Thank you in advence for you answer.

Hi,
You need to download the zip file for the lot and then unzip it. Then you take the tray items that came from the zip folder and put them all into your game's Tray folder. The CC (custom content) are the objects in the lot that are not already in your game. To make the lot look like the one in the picture you will need to also download the custom content. Custom content is then placed in your Mods folder. Then you will be able to see it when you play the game.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes,
Snowhaze
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 1:54 AM
Default Lot is not showing up in my Library in Gallery
Quote: Originally posted by Snowhaze
Hi,
You need to download the zip file for the lot and then unzip it. Then you take the tray items that came from the zip folder and put them all into your game's Tray folder. The CC (custom content) are the objects in the lot that are not already in your game. To make the lot look like the one in the picture you will need to also download the custom content. Custom content is then placed in your Mods folder. Then you will be able to see it when you play the game.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes,
Snowhaze
Hi I downloaded this lot and all custom Content, I put the lot, Tray items and BPI fILES AND Blueprint, in my Tray Folder but it does not show up in my Library in Gallery.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsPuddleduck
Hi I downloaded this lot and all custom Content, I put the lot, Tray items and BPI fILES AND Blueprint, in my Tray Folder but it does not show up in my Library in Gallery.

Hi,

After installing the contents of the zip file into the Tray folder and the CC into the Mods folder, go to the in-game library. To see the lot in the in-game library you need to click the word "Advanced". The words "Include Custom Content" will appear just under it. Click "Include Custom Content", then the lot will appear in the library for you to see.

Snowhaze
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 3:39 AM
This is beautiful, too bad swimming is glitched all to hell right now. I really want this though.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 8:28 AM
Looks great! Although I think people don't need the GT EP for the waves to work. There're a LOT of effects that don't need the Ep they come from to work in the game.
I thought it's the same with the waves, but I don't know for sure.

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bakie
Looks great! Although I think people don't need the GT EP for the waves to work. There're a LOT of effects that don't need the Ep they come from to work in the game.
I thought it's the same with the waves, but I don't know for sure.

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know that there is a possibility the waves could work without the EP they came from. I had no idea that was possible. I made the adjustments in the text.

Snowhaze
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 2:11 PM
OMG YEAA thank you thank you thank you!
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 4:27 PM
I'm assuming this doesn't work for Macs. I cannot find it anywhere. No matter what I do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simkatie7
I'm assuming this doesn't work for Macs. I cannot find it anywhere. No matter what I do.

Hi,
Unfortunately, I don't own a Mac so I have no way of testing if there's a problem.
If you haven't already, try following the instructions I gave above to MsPuddleduck for finding the lot in your in-game library. Updating your game, if you haven't already, might also help.

I hope it works out for you.
Snowhaze
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 8:46 PM
Hi,

After installing the contents of the zip file into the Tray folder and the CC into the Mods folder, go to the in-game library. To see the lot in the in-game library you need to click the word "Advanced". The words "Include Custom Content" will appear just under it. Click "Include Custom Content", then the lot will appear in the library for you to see.

Snowhaze

Hi thanks for your reply. I actually did all that but the lot still did not appear, But I re-downloaded and cut and pasted each file to the Tray Folder and after that it did appear in My Library, but the file numbers in my Tray Folder were different to the ones that were in my unzip programme when I did it , so Extracting them straight from my Unzip Programme did not work. Anyway I now have the Lot and it is very good my Sims love it, and I have added some more chairs and a Food Cart too and childrens activities. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 8:48 PM
Thanks Great
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 10:31 PM
Hi,
Unfortunately, I don't own a Mac so I have no way of testing if there's a problem.
If you haven't already, try following the instructions I gave above to MsPuddleduck for finding the lot in your in-game library. Updating your game, if you haven't already, might also help.

I hope it works out for you.
Snowhaze

Ugh it still doesn't and I've followed your instructions!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 12:25 PM
I know I installed in Tray file correctly, but it does not show. I have had this problem before, so usually, I end up downloading lots from the gallery. Is there a way to find the lots there? I love this very much and used the wave emitter in Tropical Pool 6, and it works very well. Thanks much for your additions to TS4!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 12:27 PM
And I have also updated my game, your lot isn't the only lot I have had issues with, also pralinesims lots :{ So it's not how I'm installing...but something else.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackQueen1212
And I have also updated my game, your lot isn't the only lot I have had issues with, also pralinesims lots :{ So it's not how I'm installing...but something else.

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. Tray files don't contain any objects, only the position of where the objects would be, so it's not the content. I know it's a shot in the dark, but have you tried repairing your game through Origin? It only takes a couple of minutes.

Snowhaze
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 3:05 PM
Sorry I figured out that I needed to take the files out of the folder after I unzip for some reason and put them in the Tray, now everything shows up....Thanks so much to the other player that had this issue, because they gave me my solution...So anyone having this issue, unzip the file then take the file info out and put directly into Tray without the folder...this is what worked for me, and everything shows now, just messes with my O.C.D. LOL!
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 3:11 PM
Default Try This
Quote: Originally posted by simkatie7
Ugh it still doesn't and I've followed your instructions!!!
Unzip into your Tray folder, then take the file out, Mini Tropical to your desktop, take the file info out from there and put it back in the Tray without the folder...not sure why I got it and some others to show up this way, but it works, just messy to me, I like thing in folders organized.
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsPuddleduck
Hi thanks for your reply. I actually did all that but the lot still did not appear, But I re-downloaded and cut and pasted each file to the Tray Folder and after that it did appear in My Library, but the file numbers in my Tray Folder were different to the ones that were in my unzip programme when I did it , so Extracting them straight from my Unzip Programme did not work. Anyway I now have the Lot and it is very good my Sims love it, and I have added some more chairs and a Food Cart too and childrens activities. Thanks.
Thanks so much for your troubleshooting, if I had not read your response, there are so many lots I would have missed out on! My heroine!
Page 1 of 3