Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 2:49 PM
Default "Dine Out" slow service?
Hey guys,

I've been thinking about finally getting the Dine Out GP, but I know that when the game came out, something many users complained about was how when you would send your sims to a restaurant to actually dine out, the service would be incredibly slow and you would sometimes spend the entire day there just waiting for your meal to show up.

I'm personally not even that interested in managing a restaurant, I'm more interested in just having my sims go to restaurants because I miss doing that from TS2. I'd just like to know if this is still an issue in the game or if this has been fixed yet in a patch?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 3:14 PM
It's first-in first-served priority, meaning unplayed sims will get served if they sit at table before you.

It's normal to wait a sim-hour or two if it's very busy, but it shouldn't take all day.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 4:12 PM
Depends on your computer to some extent. My MacBook Pro struggles on more populated lots like restaurants, so there's times where the sims will idle while it processes what to do. On my desktop it hasn't ever taken too long, other guests will be served before you if they were seated first.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 6:58 PM
I played on a no so stellar computer, and it took at entire day to get served.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#5 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 7:28 PM
It's also important to have a restaurant that is well planned out and not too big for best results.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 10:51 PM
There's a bug where if a Sim leaves the table between ordering and having their food delivered, the staff forgets to serve them. (But doesn't forget to bill them)
Scholar
#7 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 12:58 AM
Ive ordered meals around 6-7 pm and had them never arrive. Its annoying as heck, I just make my sims get up and leave. Fortunately that hasn't happened too often, and not in a long time. I find that if it is a glitch, its kinda realistic in a way, because who hasn't dined out and had horrible service? lol
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 4:54 PM
I downloaded a lot with 2 chefs and need to see, but I would think that would speed things up a bit to have more chefs than one.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 6:21 AM
Yeah, I've found the chefs sometimes have no customers waiting and just stand around before starting to cook when my sims are dining. Would be awesome if there was a faster service mod or something like that!

Cheers! =D

lkandak
dodgy builder
#10 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 9:47 AM
If you run the restaurant yourself, you have to follow each guest around, click on them and make sure they get served. Being the guest and not being able to do that has never tempted me.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Ive ordered meals around 6-7 pm and had them never arrive. Its annoying as heck, I just make my sims get up and leave. Fortunately that hasn't happened too often, and not in a long time. I find that if it is a glitch, its kinda realistic in a way, because who hasn't dined out and had horrible service? lol
Yep. I've learned not to let my Sims go out to eat when they're actually hungry. It reminds me of Gone with The Wind and how the O'Hara girls had to stuff themselves with oatmeal before they went to a social function so that they would not embarrass themselves by eating a lot in public.

Do NPC chefs ever improve their cooking?
Theorist
#13 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Do NPC chefs ever improve their cooking?

I believe you can pay out of pocket to train your chefs. I'm not sure if this effects the generic cooking skill or if the one they use is separate.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
I believe you can pay out of pocket to train your chefs. I'm not sure if this effects the generic cooking skill or if the one they use is separate.
Oh, ok. Does that mean that if you are not playing as the restaurant owner, but simply a patron of a restaurant, the chefs will never improve?
dodgy builder
#15 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
It's like that reality show where the bosses go undercover to make sure their employees are doing their jobs!

When did I lose my position as God I wonder :p
Theorist
#16 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Oh, ok. Does that mean that if you are not playing as the restaurant owner, but simply a patron of a restaurant, the chefs will never improve?

when I owned a restaurant they improved a little at the end of every shift, but I don't know if that happens when you're not playing as the owner, so for all I know it could very well mean exactly that.
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 3:43 AM
They are ridiculously slow. You can send your sims out for dinner at a very early hour and a meal with an appetizer and entree will last until after midnight. It's a bit ridiculous, especially, with the added fun of "responsible" sims getting up to do dishes.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shaposh2012
They are ridiculously slow. You can send your sims out for dinner at a very early hour and a meal with an appetizer and entree will last until after midnight. It's a bit ridiculous, especially, with the added fun of "responsible" sims getting up to do dishes.

I sent my sims to dine, I think they got their appetizers in an hour or so but when they ordered another course, I waited 2 hours and the chef wasn't cooking anything (or doing anything, really) even though there weren't any other sims waiting to get served. So I just sent my sims home... Wish there would be a way to make it quicker, especially more so for the second course they got.

Cheers! =D

lkandak
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 1:04 AM
I've started having them order the main course first and then order the appetizers as soon as they are delivered. I also have the issue where the food just never arrives and you can't order more because it claims you have an order.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 12:44 PM
I've noticed more of an issue with restaurants off the gallery built by fans because of the way they set things up.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.