Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Saints Penthouse HQ From Saints Row: The Third

by panmines Posted 9th Apr 2017 at 4:08 AM - Updated 10th Apr 2017 at 12:07 AM by panmines

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 4:50 AM
Wowww it's an extremely impressive structure. I'm so glad you like the pool tiles, the pool looks great.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
What did you do?

I wonder if it's possible to create the same effect with the constrainfloorelevation cheat code.

I have learned how to use Mootilda's gridadjuster to manipulate the height of each level (grid). That's how I make all of my skyscrapers. I think you can use the CFE cheat for all levels up to about the 8th story. So in theory you could make the first floor about eight stories high, then add on 14 stories to get a maximum building height of 22 stories. With the gridadjuster on the other hand, the height is unlimited.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 6:32 AM
I just wanted to say that even though skyscrapers don't fit my style of play, this is just an awesome lot. Thank you for sharing your talent!
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 11:54 AM
Awesome, another skyscraper I can add to my Sim City! Keep them coming, PanMines!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 12:07 PM
awesome!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 6:53 PM
Wow nice! You did a great job both with recreating the building and making a cool lot in itself.
Theorist
#9 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 10:54 PM
Wow - this is very impressive indeed! Personally it would not bother me that the landlord pays the penthouse "tenant" - I would consider that the penthouse occupant owns the whole building (as in "Trump Tower"). Would MogHughson's Apartments and Shopping, on the same Lot! or, more completely, my Buy Clothes Anywhere Patch + Apartments and Shopping on the Same Lot be necessary for full functionality of the shops?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
Would MogHughson's Apartments and Shopping, on the same Lot! or, more completely, my Buy Clothes Anywhere Patch + Apartments and Shopping on the Same Lot be necessary for full functionality of the shops?

Yes. I accidentally said it needed the Simwardrobe hack when it actually only needed your mod. It is hard to accurately tell which mod does what when you are using several of them at the same time . Thanks for asking as it made me realized I was wrong.
Theorist
#11 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by panmines
Yes. I accidentally said it needed the Simwardrobe hack when it actually only needed your mod. It is hard to accurately tell which mod does what when you are using several of them at the same time . Thanks for asking as it made me realized I was wrong.
You're welcome. Kudos again for a brilliant lot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 1:16 PM
Amazing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 8:00 AM
It looks beautiful, merci.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 11:36 PM
It always makes my day when a Saints Row build is uploaded. I admit I didn't recognize the building until I noticed the helipad. After a bit of image searching, I found that the image used is based on a mod for Cities: Skylines. It may be worth noting that for others who may be a bit puzzled.
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 12:56 AM
Beautiful build! I was just wondering... how did you get the pool on the top floor?? I'm building a penthouse and I want a pool in it but the game won't let me! Thanks in advance!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BirdY_GirlY295
Beautiful build! I was just wondering... how did you get the pool on the top floor?? I'm building a penthouse and I want a pool in it but the game won't let me! Thanks in advance!

Thanks,

I couldn't use the pool tool because the game only allows the use of it on the grond. Basically what I did is created a pseudo-pool by using two floors for the pool: 1.) the underwater part, which is one story high (16 elevation clicks) and 2.) a level above the first that is two clicks high. If you don't know, a click is a measurement of height that is equal to one brief click of the elevation tool. 16 clicks = one default level, 4 clicks = the height of a foundation, and so on. I used a transparent floor tile that has the texture of water (made by Zena-Dew-Drop and is included in the lot). I used the tile on the floor of the second level. Finally, I turned on "moveobjects on" and placed a diving board and pool latter on top of the second level. When you do this, sims will swim on the floor of the level you placed it on. So in this case, they will swim on the floor (transparent water tiles) of the second floor. Here is a Youtube turtorial that is very similar to how I made the pool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqhC9QRnHxc
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 7:08 PM
Thanks,

I couldn't use the pool tool because the game only allows the use of it on the grond. Basically what I did is created a pseudo-pool by using two floors for the pool: 1.) the underwater part, which is one story high (16 elevation clicks) and 2.) a level above the first that is two clicks high. If you don't know, a click is a measurement of height that is equal to one brief click of the elevation tool. 16 clicks = one default level, 4 clicks = the height of a foundation, and so on. I used a transparent floor tile that has the texture of water (made by Zena-Dew-Drop and is included in the lot). I used the tile on the floor of the second level. Finally, I turned on "moveobjects on" and placed a diving board and pool latter on top of the second level. When you do this, sims will swim on the floor of the level you placed it on. So in this case, they will swim on the floor (transparent water tiles) of the second floor. Here is a Youtube turtorial that is very similar to how I made the pool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqhC9QRnHxc

May i say thank you again? You're amazingly skilled
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 19th May 2017 at 8:01 PM
Love this! Sims 2 came out almost 13 years ago, and people are still making amazing custom content. It's really appreciated, especially when I believe that it's a way better game than Sims 3...and the travesty that Sims 4 is.
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st May 2017 at 4:19 AM
Thanks,

Thank you so much!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 11:53 AM
Hey, if you ever plan on upgradingg this lot here's a link for inspiration.

http://tx-slade-xt.tumblr.com/post/...ts-hq-crib-that
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 9:19 AM
Hi! The floors on the top level disappear whenever I zoom in. Is there any way to fix this?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by billabum
Hi! The floors on the top level disappear whenever I zoom in. Is there any way to fix this?

Unfortunately no, that's hardcoded into the game. Tilting the camera more vertical helps.