Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 10:24 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 17th Jul 2017 at 6:31 AM.
Default Community Spirit

Qualifications to Host:
I have been a contestant in numerous contests including
It Takes A Village http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=510458
A judge in two including
Campus Constructors http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=518453
Calendar contest winner 2013, 2016 and 2017 http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=585087

Concept:
Every town is made up of a variety of individuals and families. In this contest you will build a home for four very different families and a community lot for all to enjoy. Each round comes with a pre-set foundation that you can neither add to nor take away from so it’s what is known as a ‘foundation challenge’. There will be five rounds including the application round.

Requirements:
Game:
Open to anyone with base Game on. Having all EP’s and SP’s would be an advantage. Lot size and price may need to be adjusted for base Game Players. http://www.teoalida.com/thesims/lot-prices/

Skill Level
Any skill level. Some building skill would be helpful but a high building skill is not needed. This is a beginners contest. If you have never been in a build contest before, this is a good one to get your feet wet in.

Rules:
  • This contest is for TS2 only.
  • No eliminations.
  • CC will be allowed in every round except the application round. CC includes defaults, recolours, OMSP, anything that Maxis did not provide.
  • You may use career or aspiration rewards. Buyable career rewards http://modthesims.info/d/374017 Or if you have Nightlife or any newer EP you can use a cheat, unlockcareerrewards. You will need a sim on the lot to use the cheat.
  • Feel free to use any and all building cheats you want.
  • Each round that you use no CC on will give you 5 bonus points. Except the last round, there is no bonus on the last round. You must remove defaults or this will count as CC!
  • You may not add or take away from the given foundation and that includes any form of decking. You may make your foundation lower or higher. Your foundation may be turned into veranda/porch/deck or planters, so long as the original foundation remains the same. You may not delete foundation and replace it with decking or tile.
  • I will allow separate foundation to be used to make a gazebo or planter box. This must be clearly separate from the given foundation and house, not attached.
  • Each round will last for two weeks. Unless otherwise specified.
  • You may make up a short story about your families. Not required.
    You may make the families and show them in your 12 extra photos. Not required but I am interested to see them. You gain no points for doing or not doing this. CC on the sims doesn't count.
  • You may use the sims on your lot to add things only sims can do such as plant a vegetable garden, sew curtains etc.
  • Each round comes with a random Maxis object; this must be visible in one of your entry photos and must make some sense. For example a fridge can’t simply be left out in the garden –well not unless you are very creative in doing so. If this item is left out/not visible to the judges you will lose 5 points. You may recolour it in any recolours the game comes with. CC recolours count as CC. I have given a link to the item on the default object data base so you can see what it looks like.
  • Please use either the downloadable lot or make an exact copy.
  • You may attach a garage to the foundation or build a separate carport/garage without a foundation. This is only for parking a car.
  • And finally, have fun!

Picture Rules
  • All images must meet MTS Screenshot guidelines.
  • All but the first image must be placed under [ SPOILER ] tags.
  • You may edit your pictures up until the deadline.
  • Each round requires:
    1 shot showing the front.
    1 shot showing the back
    1 shot showing the price. (If you have the needed EP simply show the price on the lot.)
    1 shot of each floor plan as close as you can.
    1 shot over the entire lot down at foundation level.
  • You are allowed another 12 extra photos to show off your lot to its best advantage. So 17 shots total. If your house has a second story that is a second floor plan shot making 18 pictures. You don't have to do this many but you can if you want to.

*Base Game Players

Helpful image taking information
Screenshot basics

Judges
Judge 1Judge 2Judge 3Emergency Judge
CharmfulCatherineTCJDKaren LorraineEmperor Crat

Scoring
Each round will have a potential of scoring 25 points from each judge.
  • Build skill up to 5 points
    Is the build interesting? Is the roof suitable?
  • Furnishing/decorating skill up to 5 points
    Does your interior and exterior furnishing and decorating style look harmonious? Does it reflect the chosen family?
  • Playability up to 5 points
    Can all usable objects be used? Is there enough space for sims to move around without causing traffic jams and foot stomping? This does not include garden plants or items set up only for deco purposes. For example a strip of pool water used as part of a decorative fountain is not expected to be usable. Mods to make things usable do not count (inaccessible beds) the beds/items have to be accessed without mods.
  • Requirementsup to 5 points
    Are all requirements of the family present?
  • Wants
    Did you manage to fill the family’s wishes?

Special Scoring
  • 5 point bonus awarded by me for using no cc in each round. Remember to remove any defaults such as roof trim, bedding, curtains etc and say that you used no CC.
  • -5 points deducted by me for not including/showing the random object.

Contestants
ContestantTotalsR1ScoreR2ScoreR3ScoreR4ScoreR5Score
Rosebine217Walter71Lambert74Newman72--------------------
yavannatw367Walter69Elliott77Evans77Rodney75Entry69
enebya322Walter64.5Rodney57.5Elliott68.5Evans69Entry61.5
gummilutt58Walter-----------------------------------------
Justpetro372.5Walter73.5Elliot74Rodney75Evans77Entry73
Kukamuukaanmuka376Walter73.5Evans75.5Rodney76.5Elliot78Entry72.5
ChisanaAoi185.5Walter66Lambert51.5Newman68---------------
Phantomknight364Walter75Evans73.5Lambert71Rodney72.5Entry72
Peni Griffin356.5Walter66Rhodes71Lambert73.5Newman76Entry70
gazania367Walter73Newman76.5Elliott73.5Rhodes73Entry71
Greenplumbbob285.5Walter70.5 Rhodes70Rodney68.5Newman76.5----------
cowplant-simmer139Walter67.5 Elliott71.5-------------------------
Voeille385.5Walter76.5Rodney80Evans76Rhodes78Entry75
scottiedoag348Walter67Lambert65Rhodes75Evans72.5Entry68.5
Goldenbtrfly357Walter70.5Evans72Newman72Elliott77.5Entry65
gdayars349.5Walter67Elliot70.5Evans71 Rodney76Entry65
Mordant17288Walter74.5Rhodes73Lambert74.5----------Entry66
justJones377.5Walter75Rhodes73.5Evans79Lambert75Entry75
Sweet Mystre374.5Walter72Newman74 Elliott79.5Rhodes78Entry71
Aysarth351Walter67.5Rodney71Elliott70Evans71.5Entry71
*_Drew~62Walter62-----------------------------------

Play AlongR1CommentR2CommentR3CommentR4CommentR5Comment
PhaenohentryEntry:lovestrucEntryEntry
SimsRocka778entry
TheFlyingRaccoonentryEntryEntryEntry
EssaentryEntry
whoward69entryEntryEntryEntryEntry
kanzenentry
AndrewGloriaentryEntryEntryEntryEntry:lovestruc
HugeLunaticentry:lovestruc
NatteryakToadentryEntry:cylon:EntryEntryEntry
MystAngelentryEntryEntryEntry:cylon:

CC Free Note
The easy way to build CC free is to make another Sims 2 folder. Simply rename your current folder, run the game and it will make you a second Sims 2 folder free of any CC including defaults.

Helpful mods you can use
Rule Edit: I will allow separate foundation/decking to be used to make a gazebo, planter box, tree house or any other creative thing you have in mind. This must be clearly separate from the foundation that I gave. Not attached in anyway.

Ergo Window Fix
Since the recolours are Maxis and they broke them, this fix will be allowed.

Craftables such as easel painting, photographs, things made on work benches and growable Seasons plants may be done after your lot is finished from your sims own money. Finish your lot, take a picture showing the price then move in sims to make the craftables. If you want to use buyable craftables, those must be placed during the build and are part of the budget.

Timeline
There will be 5 rounds total, each lasting two weeks.
Countdown Timer

Foundation plan Picture and Details

Round Five
Build a community lot that everyone (toddler age and up) in this new neighbourhood can enjoy. So it must be family friendly. It can be any type of community lot; a park, a community centre, shops, anything you like. I would suggest though that it not be a pub and brothel since that is not family friendly.

Requirements:
Must have some way of eating and bathrooms with at least 4 toilets on the lot.
Parenting Room (see link below) Toddlers require at least: one fridge, one crib, one potty, one change table and one toy.
Your lot must have something educational, something flirty and something fun.

New Rules! For this round only you may add decking to the foundations or not as you like. Your decking areas may be separated or joined. Go wild. Do not add or take away from the given foundation, do not add more foundation anywhere on the lot.

No Budget!

No Random Object!

No CC bonus!

Pictures: The required shots + 16 extra will be allowed.

PS. Flirty can also mean romantic, sell your view to the judges.

PPS. A link so that those from the US or any other country that does not have parenting rooms can see what they are! http://www.weekendnotes.com/top-par...th-river-perth/ I didn't realize us Aussies were so spoiled.

Rule Edit: I thought I had uploaded this as a 4 by 4 but I packaged it before the contest went live, so in due of this I will allow this lot to be either a 3 by 3 or a 4 by 4. You may use lot adjuster to add the extra tile or build it by sight from my picture, this is why I leave the grid on. To change in lot adjuster add 5 tiles to the left, 5 to the right and 10 to the back. This way you can leave the road well alone.

Rounds 2-4

Application/Round One

The Families
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Community Spirit Application.rar (188.3 KB, 109 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Needs M&G
File Type: zip  Community Spirit Application Base Game.zip (353.2 KB, 37 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Made by AndrewGloria
File Type: rar  Community Spirit Round 2.rar (183.9 KB, 76 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Needs M&G
File Type: zip  Community Spirit Round 2 Base Game.zip (343.8 KB, 28 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Made by AndrewGloria
File Type: rar  Community Spirit Round 3.rar (179.1 KB, 66 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Community Spirit Round 3 Base Game.zip (363.9 KB, 25 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  CommunitySpiritRound4.rar (194.4 KB, 58 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Community Spirit Round 4
File Type: zip  Community Spirit Round 4 Base Game.zip (515.9 KB, 26 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Community Spirit Base game lot by AndrewGloria
File Type: rar  Community Spirit Round 5.rar (144.6 KB, 62 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Community Spirit Round 5 Base Game.zip (357.3 KB, 21 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Community Spirit Round 5 4x4.zip (365.8 KB, 28 downloads) - View custom content

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 10:25 PM
Contest Approved
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:20 PM
Thanks Jones, I didn't expect to see this up by morning. I'll go get my foundation up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:30 PM
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:31 PM
Theorist
#6 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:38 PM
I am very tempted to give this contest a try and it's the first one that I think I might be able to do ... lol.

I'll take the 'application' and see if I get anywhere with it.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:44 PM
I am in, please!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:50 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 11th Apr 2017 at 12:06 AM.
To anyone interested in the contest. Make sure you read over the whole contest so that you understand the rules and what it's about. Then download and build on the foundation given for the pre set family. If you don't have M&G you will need to build a replica from the picture I provided. I left the grid lines on to make that easier. Then to apply you need to get your photos posted. Once you get your photos in then I will add your name to the table.

If anyone only has base game there are special notes. One in the rules about lot sizes and one under the foundation picture.

A countdown ticker will be coming later.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 1:26 AM
This sounds like fun, but the pictures and roof concern me as they are not something I am familiar with. I may just play along from the sidelines and work on my building skills that way. I do love watching these contests and am so happy you made it "beginners level", that was very nice. :lovestruc Good luck to everyone! I will be watching from the bench.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 2:43 AM
You are welcome to do that if you don't feel comfortable entering, you may find you learn building skills and picture taking along the way.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 2:55 AM Last edited by yavannatw : 13th Apr 2017 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Added pic of foundation level
Default My application
Beginner here. My first ever entry to a contest.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 3:36 AM
@yavannatw thank you for your entry, your pictures are not meeting the size requirements. If you read up in the rules all pictures must meet MTS guidelines, so 800 by 600. Use either a screenshot program or the print screen button, the C key or in game camera is too small.
I would also suggest taking more walk around sim eye pictures, for example there is none of the garden and you can have to 12. (Thanks for adding more)

The overhead shot of the lot is different from the floor plan, you have the overhead but not a floor plan, the floor plan needs to fill the picture with just your building. For the overhead you might like to keep the roof on so the judges can see it properly. Remember anything that they can't see properly they can't judge you fully on.

If these are screenshots you may not want to use photobucket since they can shrink your picture size. It's easy to simply upload picture under advanced and bypass places like Photo bucket. Looking again I do think that is what happened PB shrunk your photos.

Once we have the correct picture size I will add you to the table.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 3:50 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 23rd Apr 2017 at 2:16 AM.
Here is the Walter's little new house.
No cc, except for those 3 mods that deals with shadows and shaders. This is a brand new EA games folder.
I accidentally hit a foundation wall with the hammer, trying to get rid of a bush I think. I never noticed it before, and it is seen on my top view foundation picture.
Sorry about that.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Link Ninja
#14 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 4:10 AM
Default Judge Applicant
If you are in need of a judge, here's my app:

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 4:11 AM
Thank you Rosebine, you are first on the table.

Charmful thank you! I am happy to have you as a judge.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 4:30 AM
Hi joandsarah77.
I used Fraps for taking the pics. photobucket must have shrunk them. Do you use attachments for uploading photos? You can tell I'm a beginner at doing this. How do you then create spoilers? I attached the pics but when I go to preview there's nothing? Sorry for being a bit thick.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 4:36 AM
No worries yavannatw feel free to ask questions. Just go advanced then scroll down to image upload. The site only accepts jpgs or pngs. You made a spoiler for your pictures already, or do you mean something else? Just edit your entry post with pictures the correct size.

Click on the picture you just uploaded and it will show up in a new page. Grab the address from it then click the little box, up where bold, quote etc are, there is a small square box. Hover over it and it says insert image. Put the address you just copied in there.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
No worries yavannatw feel free to ask questions. Just go advanced then scroll down to image upload. The site only accepts jpgs or pngs. You made a spoiler for your pictures already, or do you mean something else? Just edit your entry post with pictures the correct size.

Click on the picture you just uploaded and it will show up in a new page. Grab the address from it then click the little box, up where bold, quote etc are, there is a small square box. Hover over it and it says insert image. Put the address you just copied in there.

Thanks for that. I missed that extra step. Not sure why screenshots are showing under the spoiler though.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 5:19 AM
Goodness, you have one DAY or two to do this?

I might enter, but might have to drop out at some point, since something could be coming up in the next month or two. (Either that, or build a lickety-split house. That could be a challenge in and of itself!)I haven't built in a while, either, so I might be rusty. I've already downloaded the application.

If I enter a house, I'll try to enter it from the computer that I know wasn't hug-bugged, just as an extra precaution. Also, I have fewer Build items on it.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Link Ninja
#20 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 5:24 AM
The countdown timer says 13 days

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 5:24 AM
@yavannatw Two of the pictures are still under sized. Make sure not to crop too much.

You must have picture code inside your spoiler.

@gazania you have 2 weeks. Plus you are only uploading photos, not a lot.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#22 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 5:33 AM
Oh ... that should be Ok. Even if the event happens, if I have a couple of weeks to do each one, I should be able to at least do a really quick house. It might not be great, but at least it would be an entry! I don't expect to win. I just hope I don't wind up with people going, "What Sim in its right mind would want to live THERE?"

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 5:34 AM
I'm sure it will be fine.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 5:53 AM Last edited by yavannatw : 11th Apr 2017 at 6:16 AM.
@joandsarah77 I hope I've resized the correct ones.
What do you mean picture code inside the spoiler?
When I preview everything the screenshots don't show below the spoiler button.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 6:01 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 11th Apr 2017 at 6:21 AM.
You must have put img code or something inside the spoiler if you have pictures inside the spoiler. I don't have privies to edit your post and look inside.

I am looking at your screenshots inside your spoiler. They are all showing up. Your overhead and floor plan are still reading too small at 523px × 738px but your front pic is reading a nice 1,091px × 699px. So it's just those two, the one of your floor plan and the one showing your roof. If you just take pictures in Fraps, change to a jpg or a png and don't crop they should all be the correct size.

~Call me Jo~

Page 1 of 106