Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Link Ninja
#26 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 9:07 PM
I hope Nathan's life will be better now that he's moved in with Emma! I love how 'rustic' everything int he house looks like the table, chairs, and bed! Very rough but that's the beauty of watching how everything evolves in a BACC challenge! I wish they had beauty contests still! That's be something I'd be interested in doing but it really does help in experience making sims and taking pictures. Definitely shows it in Bonneville.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 9:42 PM
Your 'hood is amazing and looks quite challenging too! I've always wanted to do something like this, but I've never had the patience. Also your founders are absolutely GORGEOUS!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 10:21 PM
Lovely log cabin! And they have the Castaway water tank. So they have all of the mod cons!

How do you make the fridge empty?
Theorist
Original Poster
#29 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:30 PM
@Charmful
Sometimes I miss beauty contests too. It was time consuming but also a great experience. I learnt a lot from the other contestants (Freelala was the most impressive one IMO).
It was also filled with drama and it wasn't so fun.

@queenofthenorth
I usually stick to hoods. I encountered a lot of crashing with my previous one (started in 2010) and I was tired of it so I start a new one.
I like challenge while playing. Having rich sims bores me to end but I love the generational part of the game.

@simsample
I use this fridge by Lion found at Maty. I know there are some at PBK but since Targa's minifridge is the most used fridge in my game I went with it.

Thank you all for your nice words. :">
Link Ninja
#30 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:39 PM
Holy WOW now that is some great improvement! no wonder you're sims are rolling in the pretty! I like sifting through old sim photos; it gives me a secondary sense of nostalgia. I wasn't around back then but I've seen some of Freelala's other pictures/stories and they are top notch so I can see her winning that kind of contest. I hope Bonneville sticks around for awhile so we can see some descendants pop up and grow from your founders, like a little pixel garden!

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#31 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:55 PM
Ahh, did you enter the contests on the Sims2Community when it was up and running, @Essa ? I got my blue ribbon from way back then!
Theorist
Original Poster
#32 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 12:04 AM
@simsample
Indeed.
I first was part of S2C before joining MTS2, hence why I'm a member here since January 1970.
I also did contests on Insim. My fav were ANTM.

@Charmful
My sims had to be pretty for me to pass the application rounds so I had to learn and improve.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
@simsample
Indeed.
I first was part of S2C before joining MTS2, hence why I'm a member here since January 1970.

Ah, the beginning of UNIX time! I entered a lot of contests over on S2C, I was a moderator over there too.
Theorist
Original Poster
#34 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 12:36 AM
I remember you, not as a contestant though but as a moderator. I know you're around for the longest time. ;-)
I used to enter only beauty contests because storytelling skills were not required. my English was not so great. I'm not sure my level improve through time but at least I can read it. :D
Space Pony
#35 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 2:06 AM
I actyally did also ... best result was the 3rth place in some "miss sim world" thingy, but that was ages ago

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Theorist
Original Poster
#36 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 12:29 AM

The Bonnevillians moved into proper houses thanks to the gathered hood and iron.
Eglantine, Ferragus and Marc moved together and soon after Marc moved in his own house.
Emma moved in with Nathan while he was still living in a tent and then they moved together.
One of the house is still available though.

The farming area

Here live the Thibodeaus, Aimé and Emma.
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 6:57 AM
Hi Essa I think your English is fairly good. I really like how your Sims look. Your pictures are very good as well. I look forward to more. I think that your set up for your Sims is interesting. Sounds fun. What is a BACC challenge?

I am very new compared to you all. I don't mind though.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#38 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:24 PM
Wow, that neighbourhood has really come along! There are lots of cabins now! :lovestruc

How beautiful it looks with lots of trees and farmland- I wonder how long it will look like that?
Theorist
Original Poster
#39 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 9:38 PM
@lordtyger9
Thank you.
BACC stands for Build a City Challenge. One have to start a hood from nothing and create a city by unlocking careers and running businesses. There are plenty of rules floating around if you're interested.

@simsample
Thank you.
I decorate as I go but I feel the hills need more trees. I don't know. What do you think?

At the farm

After everything got set up, here are a few pictures as I tend to play more than take pictures.

It started with Emma proposing to Aimé.
Link Ninja
#40 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 10:04 PM
Aww I was rooting for Emma and Nathan. Friends-to-lovers trope is my weakness.

Theorist
Original Poster
#41 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 10:12 PM
At the beginning of the hood I was also rooting for them too but Ella messed my plans.
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 6:19 AM
@Essa thanks very much for answering my question. I am ignorant of some stuff that is generally know as I didn't discover the various web sites for the Sims 2 until relatively recently.

I might try the BACC sometime, but not in the near future.

I do like your BACC playing and I do look forward to more from you as I am enjoying following along, I also hope that you are very successful with your challenge.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 9:49 PM
Your neighborhood has come along so nicely. I've never done a BACC, so it's interesting to follow.

Page 2 of 2