Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[TESTING] Child2Toddler2Baby v0.6

by Arsil Posted 12th Apr 2017 at 6:04 PM - Updated 16th Jun 2019 at 3:28 PM by Tashiketh

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Inventor
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 6:05 PM Last edited by Arsil : 13th Apr 2017 at 7:48 AM. Reason: Typos
Here's the default replacement for the thumbnails of the baby bottle.

Use it only if you also use daluved1's mod that turns the liquid of the baby bottle from
green to white, otherwise the object and the prop used in the animations will not match.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 6:05 PM Last edited by Arsil : 30th Apr 2017 at 9:08 AM.
A baby bottle recolored blood-red, for vampires. Use the name ArsilBabyBottleBlood
to use it with the Generic Food Maker or to add it to the shopping list of grocery-type Rabbit Holes.

EDIT: re-uploaded with custom name and description to help distinguish it from the default one
(when buying/making it with the Generic Food Maker for instance).
Of course now the name is no longer localized in all languages.

---

An ITUN override mod that disables the 2 interactions that allow to give a bowl of food to a toddler
sitting on a HighChair. If you enable the feeding overhaul (v0.6 of the mod) and you want realism
or a challenge, this might help.

Thid mod override the following resources (check with Dashboard if you already have mods that do the same):
ITUN GiveBabyFood_HighChair 0x03B33DDF-0x00000000-0x1A14CF756575EB64
ITUN FeedToddlerInHighChair_Sim 0x03B33DDF-0x00000000-0xE078DFA288E410B1
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 6:05 PM Last edited by Arsil : 21st Apr 2017 at 9:58 PM.
Links to ATS3's Sandy objects:
Diapers' Box is the last one (bottom-right) in this page: http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/f...c_kids_01.shtml
Diaper is the first one (top-left) in this page: http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/f...c_kids_02.shtml

Where are they:
BuyCatalog/ByRoom/Nursery/Decor
BuyCatalog/ByFunction/Kids/Misc

NOTE: My package, as its name suggests, goes into the Overrides folder to make sure
it overrides the resources of Sandy's objects.

I'm not sure if I've set the prices correctly, anyway, that also depends if you change how
many diapers there are in a box (tunable from the CONFIGURATION xml of the main _Mod package)

If you want to use them with Generic Food Maker or add them to the shopping list of grecery-type Rabbit Holes, use:
Diaper NGMP name: ATS3Diaper
DiapersBox NGMP name: ATS3DiapersBox
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Arsil_Child2Toddler2Baby_ATS3Diapers_Override.package.zip (2.1 KB, 441 downloads)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 6:53 PM
Any chance you plan on making the bottle and the diapers work like in Sims 2? (having to get the from the fridge or a generic food maker, maybe requiring milk and then not diappearing after it's empty and starting to stink if you don't clean up)
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:35 PM
Default Squeee!
This is incredible! Been dreaming of mod like this for years and years...Yay for the buyable baby bottle Thank you Arsil! Looks like a lot of work went into this mod...thanks for sticking with TS3.
Are we able to use it the script for custom baby bottles?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyTheSnowcat
Any chance you plan on making the bottle and the diapers work like in Sims 2? (having to get the from the fridge or a generic food maker, maybe requiring milk and then not diappearing after it's empty and starting to stink if you don't clean up)

#8 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 8:36 PM
I am over the moon that you've done yet ANOTHER fantastic mod for us, opening up the game far beyond the realms of EA's imagination.
Also keen to hear about custom baby bottles as I use the Medieval Override from Cocomama

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 1:27 AM
OMG!!! That is such a wonderful one! *does a happy dance
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 1:27 AM
This is an adorable mod; thank you!
And yes please to a medieval bottle override, that would be lovely.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 4:10 AM
Thanks!This looks like it might be great in my 100 baby challenge in Storybrook.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:13 AM
Wow! Questa è una mod fantastica e grazie per averla creata! L'ho appena installata e vediamo come va. Se noto delle cose strane, te lo farò sapere. Grazie ancora!
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 12:49 PM
:lovestruc Fantastic Arsil. Your mods are amazing. So happy to see you still creating these wonderful mods we never realized we absolutely must have in our game. Thanks a million :lovestruc
Inventor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 3:38 PM
Amazing!!! What a big difference these modifications make!!! Thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 9:14 PM
Nice!
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:26 PM
Just a little feedback for you Arsil.
The improved animations are awesome -

I put the Mom, Child, Baby and 2 Toddlers in a one room house with Cribs, play mats/car seat, a toy box to see if the child would autonomously feed and change the baby or toddler while I kept mom busy teaching the other toddler to talk and she went to both right away with the bottle and/or to change the diaper the first couple of times. Another time she was too busy playing. I let the screaming continue until the Social Worker was on her way. Stopped the Child from playing and she went right over to feed the toddler.

In addition to a child being able to feed, change diapers and play peek-a-boo to a toddler or baby on the floor the Child can:
1.Feed baby on Play Mats and Car Seat (I used Sandy's from ATS) The baby does not actually receive the bottle but the hunger bar goes right back up
2. Change baby's diaper when on Mats/Car Seats

Toddler and Child can play peek-a-boo with baby on Mat or in Car Seat

I tried having a child do those actions above when the baby/toddler was in a crib but the options are not available and that's fine. Just letting you know I tried it. That is what we have the teenagers for

Baby Bottles Love these!!

When the Toddler has a bottle in his/her inventory they did not use the bottle until their hunger need was almost red and the hunger baloon popped up over their head. They look so cute doing this. They back up a little and reach their sticky little hands in the air and the bottle appears.

In Retuner the Allow Autonomous for the Toddler was at True. I tried putting the setting at True for the baby also. Autonomous does not work for the baby.

I have Claudisharons Toddler Interactions in and noticed no conflicts and no script errors were generated.

I do not believe this is an issue with this mod but I recently added a mod to have sims autonomously teach to walk and talk and I've noticed the parents/teens etc. will do so but they will also leave other toddlers/babies in the household screaming. I've got to find out where I got the mod and check out the instructions on the page but thought I'm mention it if other's are reporting your mod is not working.

I rotate my households and when I got back to one household all the children and toddlers were gone. The Social Worker took them. That bottle of yours is going to come in real handy, lol.

I'm going to add this in my regular game and see how it goes with my families. This is an awesome addition for all of us. Can't thank you enough.
Inventor
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyTheSnowcat

I'm asking just out of curiosity, how does that work?
Does the bottle costs money? What if the household has no money? It gets in debt?
What if there's no fridge? What if the fridge is not reachable (in a room with no doors for example)?
Diapers come from the fridge too?
Field Researcher
#18 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:11 PM
In Sims 2 you had to fill the fridge with groceries, if the fridge was empty and a Sim wanted to get food, you would get a notification that you needed to go shopping or order groceries with the phone (which was then delivered by a delivery guy)
If i would make it for Sims 3 I would make inactive household (for example if your child is in the Daycare, pay money for the bottle and have active Sims have to have milk (because I also have a no shopping from fridge Mod and a Mod that makes even Snacks require ingredients so the magic baby bottles annoy me)

For the diapers, we do have that great store thingy which has nice animations, but is sadly not made for working autonomous. I would love it If you would have to buy diapers and stock the Changing Station with them and used diapers would hand around until you tidy them up..
Inventor
#19 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
Does the bottle costs money? What if the household has no money? It gets in debt?

In TS2, you can't buy ingredients individually and meals cost no money. What you do have is a stock system. That means that as long as your fridge has enough stock, you can prepare/serve meals and grab bottles and quick meals. Each meal "costs" an X amount of points. For example, bottles cost 3 points, while Jelly costs 16 points. Most fridges have a stock of 300 by default, but Sims can order groceries (delivery service) or go to a community lot with the appropriate objects and buy more "stock."

What if there's no fridge? What if the fridge is not reachable (in a room with no doors for example)?

If there's no fridge or is unreachable, babies and toddlers can't be fed.

Diapers come from the fridge too?

Clean diapers come from nowhere just like in Sims 3. Dirty diapers... Well it depends whether you use a changing table or not. If you use a changing table, dirty diapers go to the trash bin attached to the object (which as far as I know it never has to be emptied). If you use the "Change Diaper" interaction on the toddler (like in TS3), a dirty diaper is thrown onto the floor and you have to dispose of it. The same happens with "used/empty" bottles. Sims put empty bottles on the floor after using them and they must be thrown away or they'll start to reek just like dirty dishes.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#20 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 3:52 PM
Thank you! I will help test I'm doing a 100 baby challenge series to use to help test for me that cherry toddler mod never worked right anyway, toddlers just wondered constantly never doing anything so I'm happy to see another mod doing something with the toddlers.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 5:32 PM
OMG OMG OMG!!! Yes keep these mods coming! I wish I had your skill for modding. I would really love a sims 3 toddler who can walk down stairs and climb out of their crib like sims 2 oh and dance! Nothing cuter than a dancing toddler
Mad Poster
#22 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 7:32 AM
As much as I love playing with rugrats and short people, I don't care about any of these things.
(I'm lying...)

But really, I just show up here these days to read this guy's Silly Intros. Brilliant stuff.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#23 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 9:48 AM Last edited by Nemiga : 15th Apr 2017 at 5:09 PM.
Mod of the month...Can't thank you enough ;* finally we get more interactions for toddlers and kids.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 8:21 PM
This is fabulous. I am still dying for stuff that enhances toddler playability. They're such a sorely neglected age state.

The animation fix for todders is amazing.

One thing I've always wished for is a way for toddlers to play peekaboo with each other. They can do it in the playpen now but only there.

Another thing on my wish list (because you are just dying to know other people's wishes, I'm sure) is for walking toddlers to not have to sit down before using the potty. It makes the animation absurdly long.
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 12:54 PM
I want to add to the thanks. This is a great mod, I'm currently playing a household with 5 toddlers and 4 babies, with more on the way, this and the napping mat are proving to be brilliant.

A little feedback, I'm not 100% certain that it's this mod, it might be a conflict with one of my other mods, so I'd be grateful if anyone else could confirm. I've noticed that if a toddler is in a crib or being held by an adult then the 'feed on floor' interaction does not work. I click on it, but nothing happens. If the toddler is on the floor then 'feed on floor' works just fine.

Finally, could I add another thanks for this and the generic food maker, I've never plucked up the courage to use that before. But using your tutorial I managed to add the baby bottles to the deco baby bottle warmer from ATS so my sims can now make bottles using that without going into build/buy mode. With 5 toddlers on different sleep/hunger cycles being able to leave bottles in their inventories to stop them starving when my adult sims are asleep, is a life saver.
Page 1 of 4