Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 10:00 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Cannot place items at 45deg angle
Hello all,

I just wondered if anyone could advise.

I've used the cheat allow45degreeangleofrotation true and selected an object, but then when I press the < > keys the whole screen moves as if controlling the camera.

Can anyone suggest where I'm going wrong?!

Many thanks,

Emj192
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:19 AM
It's Boolprop Allow45degreeangleofrotation True

However a cheat file with the cheat always on is the way to go, with one of those you wont even have to type the cheat in, just always have your < > keys to turn objects.

I can give you mine if you like, although it's rather long with many cheats and rather messy. I can vouch that it works though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:23 AM
Your <> keys shouldn't turn the camera anyway, since they are the object rotation shortcuts even without 45 degree placement. So that problem is unrelated to the 45 degree cheat. You don't have shift down, do you?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:38 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 15th Apr 2017 at 12:27 AM.
It depends on your keyboard. I've got one with extra characters, so the keys are in different places. I use the , and . keys for rotation, and the arrow keys for moving the camera. For me, the < > keys don't do anything ingame (on my laptop keboard they're on the same key, and the > is Shift dependent).

Also, there's a big difference between the > < keys and the arrow keys. The arrow keys are to the right on your keyboard, with arows pointing left, right, up and down. Those move your camera.
Space Pony
#5 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 12:13 PM
Yup, I use scandinavian keyboard and took me a while to find all the correct keys to do things, most hard job was to find all the right keys to use to edit the terrain with FT cheat

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 12:07 AM
Thank you. I don't think I've held shift down whilst doing it. Also that's a good point about the distinction between the arrows and the < > keys. I will give it a try, thanks