Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I've always been confused by the fact that after a major physical fight, neither of the pixels will look as though they've been bruised, mussed or even bloodied. All that dust and nothing to show for it but really hurt feelings, and perhaps enemy status.

High Durability I guess these pixelated people have. Don't forget, sims have a few superpowers that are underrated. Such as when they meditate and teleport through that process
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
If you think healthcare is free, it's not so. It's hardly paid from our taxes. You just don't see it when going visit a therapist "for free"
https://www.workinestonia.com/livin...hcare-overview/

I'm merely joking; please don't take my political stances seriously from my posts. :P
Mad Poster
#53 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 7:45 PM
In our Veronaville, the First Amendment to our Constitution added the codicil:

"Every child has the right to be loved."

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I guess I'm thinking of it from the child's point of view - being 'got rid of' because you're unwanted is pretty unpleasant and, yes, parents who do that - for that reason - are revolting. There are plenty of reasons why someone has to give a child up to adoption but that particular one really is a pretty nasty reason to do so. And in many countries, parents are expected to care for a child if they brought it into the world. I know the reality is different but being a parent is a responsible thing.

I strongly disagree with that. If you accidentally got pregnant and do not want the child it does not make you revolting because you realise that you're not cut out to be a parent and give the child the chance to be adopted by someone who is. Not everyone wants to be a parent.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
There was a mention of it in a different thread not so long ago, but I think it’s fitting here – why did Maxis set sims’ bladders to yellow when you start the game, for party guests, average visitors and walkbies? I really don’t get it. Is it really fun for them to watch sims swarm the bathroom or have an accident on themselves? That just doesn’t make sense. It’s good that there is a mod to stop that because it’s nothing other than an annoyance.

I think that may have been yet another bug introduced in an EP that Maxis never bothered to fix. I seem to remember that the base game did not have that bug. It's been a very long time since I played with only the base game, though, so I may be mis-remembering this.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I strongly disagree with that. If you accidentally got pregnant and do not want the child it does not make you revolting because you realise that you're not cut out to be a parent and give the child the chance to be adopted by someone who is. Not everyone wants to be a parent.

Thought, only If consider this happening with males giving birth to aliens. I don' see hoe it's possible for a female sim to get "accidentally" pregnant in vanilla gameplay, because they seem to enjoy the pleasure of a woohoo and "sexual assault" doesn't exist in a game.
Forum Resident
#57 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 1:59 PM
Nothing. I have an explanation for everything. :D
Mad Poster
#58 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Thought, only If consider this happening with males giving birth to aliens. I don't see how it's possible for a female sim to get "accidentally" pregnant in vanilla gameplay, because they seem to enjoy the pleasure of a woohoo and "sexual assault" doesn't exist in a game.

I meant in RL, not in the game. I'm very glad that accidental pregnancy and sexual assault are not things in the game.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 3:51 PM
I just find it weird that you can't put babies up for an adoption. Debatable with toddlers, but for children: it would be kinda too cruel and odd, that is to say If both are loving to each other. From that I do, I understand why child life stage can't be put for an adoption, but babies? That is weird to me.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 5:10 PM
I don't think it's revolting. I also don't think it's cruel. I also don't think there has to be feeling of rejection involved. I was an unwanted, unloved, neglected and abused child. It was my *fantasy* that either I *would be* adopted by people who actually loved me. or that I *was* secretly adopted and any day now my "real" parents were going to show up and take me away from this nightmare. I wish more parents who didn't want children would consider adoption. It was entirely more revolting for my parents to keep me and treat me the way they did. Maybe my childhood would have been better and I wouldn't be such a messed up adult if my parents hadn't worried about people like you considering them revolting.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 5:22 PM
Very sad to hear that, Mattie-and it's truly distressing to know that not everyone who exists in this world was ever wanted or loved by their family. I don't find it revolting, either-because children are always the unwitting victims of people who don't know any better. Those who aren't wanted should have the option to be needed and wanted by someone who truly cares about their life and well-being.

I hope, for your sake, that you have been through counseling about the horrible life you led. I'm sorry you had to endure it but glad that you survived to bear witness to it.

If only people thought before saying something is revolting. Not everyone has a storybook life.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#62 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Speaking of teddy bears, why are adults always trying to use them to 'talk through to' other sims? Get a therapist!

I still talk through my stuffed animals with my mom and I'm 29 .

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#63 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 9:50 PM
I've never understood how male Sims can get pregnant ... it defies human biology. Even if probed with Alien technology it still would not be possible without altering the biology of the probed subject, which doing so would likely cause them to destabilize and die.

Quote: Originally posted by whoward69
Think you'll find flying doctors in Australia

Really? I wonder if that how The Flying Nun learned how to fly...

Quote: Originally posted by BalanceMyth
Why is SimNation's medical system better than America's?

Because SimNation government cares about its citizens life quality. Although SimGod (aka the Player) often doesn't..

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Field Researcher
#64 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I've never understood how male Sims can get pregnant ... it defies human biology. Even if probed with Alien technology it still would not be possible without altering the biology of the probed subject, which doing so would likely cause them to destabilize and die.

Maybe babies grow in plumbob? And that's why there is a moment in cut-scene, where baby's plumbob divides from mother's/flies out from father's in alien pregnancy? But that does not explain baby bumps, though.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee

Really? I wonder if that how The Flying Nun learned how to fly...

Because SimNation government cares about its citizens life quality. Although SimGod (aka the Player) often doesn't..

And the PT is a male..so even weirder. That,s one aspect of the game I do not like. If women gets pregnant by aliens, ok..or make the PT female ..or something!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#66 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 1:28 AM
Speaking of SimNation, what do all these Sim's bills pay for? We never know where that money goes to. As well, what's the country's GDP? It's amazing how the country doesn't suffer from inflation or deflation, everything has a fixed price! Aaannndddd there's endless supply of furniture and trinkets to buy.

Yeah, there's always someone willing to buy the stuff from these Sims at a price, never going to the trash.

Oooohhhh another mystery....how deep is that trash bin in front of the lot? I want one of those! Curious....

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Mad Poster
#67 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 1:46 AM
It is strange to discuss about alien technology and physiology if we do not know anything about them.
There is another film (Aliens) what shows that every human can carry alien eggs until they hatch, thus aliens in film are brutal killing carriers, But humans have technology to get baby out when normal birth is impossible. About gender of aliens, they may be non-gender at all, just looking like male or female. Who knows?

In sims world as you all know some things can be done with blink of the eye and sims are empty inside (saw it myself and it was creepy).
Forum Resident
#68 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 3:38 AM
Why don't the Space Pirates do something about those aliens who keep kidnapping and impregnating innocent stargazers?
Field Researcher
#69 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
sims are empty inside (saw it myself and it was creepy).

That makes even more questions.

Maybe it's a good idea not to think too much about sims' anatomy details.
Theorist
#70 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 11:11 AM
I've known people in real life who seem to have nothing inside. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Inventor
#71 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smellincoffee
Why don't the Space Pirates do something about those aliens who keep kidnapping and impregnating innocent stargazers?
Because they're PIRATES. Pirates are, by tradition, just a BIT anti-law, and therefore probably wouldn't care very much if other people broke the law.

The real question is, where are all the Space POLICE.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 7:20 PM
Quote:
sims are empty inside

Yeah, you're right. Having a 'close range camera mod' allows me to go right through their head to see the other pixel they're talking to. There really isn't anything in that head. Empty of everything including dust.

Quote:
The real question is, where are all the Space POLICE.

They're ticketing parking violators of the meteors..(sorry, I had to do that...)

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Field Researcher
#73 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 8:19 PM
Humble's computer, why has nobody mentioned Humble's computer? That's one of the weirdest things in game.

Also, why dogs never poop?
Mad Poster
#74 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 8:32 PM
All right: about the darned genie lamp-What gives with that?

No rhyme or reason for it to even exist, or be given out. The Seasons' Wishing well is more logical. Hell, even finding a treasure chest worth $5,000 while digging in the dirt is more logical.

Mad Poster
#75 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Booney
Humble's computer, why has nobody mentioned Humble's computer? That's one of the weirdest things in game.

Also, why dogs never poop?

Funny that a nice generous guy comes to your house with a pricey computer to give you, just like that..was first in front of dogs don't poop on your weirdness scale...hummm.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Page 3 of 5