Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for March - posted on 1st Apr 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 45 (Who?), Viewed: 3318 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 5:05 PM Last edited by pannisim : 8th Jun 2017 at 5:09 PM. Reason: pictures deleted
Default Panni's Assorted Goods
Hi all ! Myself Pannisim, feel free to call me Panni. I have been lurking in this place for quite a while now, and have decided to make my own thread. In this thread, I'll post updates of my sims, houses, neighborhoods, and random lots that I make in the game. Hopefully this is allowed ? Or is this place only for talking about our hoods ?

Anyway, let's start. I have only recently gotten my game re-installed, so not much is happening currently, except me building stuff.

To kick things off ----------

@OnayaW asked me to make a --
Quote:
"...........a little mart for Bluewater. You know casual food shopping! Bluewater is a mix between everything since the 60's and now a days. Though I guess a little mart would be in modern style.............."

The theme was --
Quote:
".......Bluewater is a mix between everything since the 60's and now a days..........."

So, I fired up my game, and made --------- THIS !

Now, OnayaW, I know that you had said that you think that the mart should be a bit modern-ish, but when I went to build the lot, this is what came to me. In my opinion, this has a good 60's vibe. (( Although, I admit, architectural history is not my finest point)) I think this has a chance at fitting into your neighborhood, with its old-fashioned, small-town look. I admit, it went a bit Western........but still, I thought I'll show it to you, who knows, you might even like it !

So, yes, feedback ? Also, I can make a modern style one too, just say so. Tell me what you like/dislike, and I'll do better.

Also, this is just a shell, the inside hasn't been done yet.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 5:40 PM
Wahahaha xD it looks to fit the castles in the town xD

I build small houses *^*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 5:52 PM Last edited by pannisim : 8th Jun 2017 at 5:08 PM. Reason: Pictures deleted
@OnayaW, so should I go with this one ?

I also made a slightly modern one, shown bellow

Choose between this one and the previous one, and I'll continue working on that one. This lot is smaller, a 2x2, while the previous one is a 3x3.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 6:32 PM
the little lot would do better with the animations! that's all

I build small houses *^*
Link Ninja
#5 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 6:34 PM
If this is a public store/Mart I think bigger windows might be better for the first level. Floor to ceiling front shop type windows. Not sure you would want a separate main entrance on the second floor unless it was an entirely separate store. Usually grocery stores utilize one or two main entrances on one side of the building, usually facing a parking lot or in this case, the street.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 6:34 PM
Okie, @OnayaW, I'll work on the smaller one. Anything that you will like me to change ?
Forum Resident
#7 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 7:17 PM
@pannisim @Charmful gave some good ideas c':
though still get the second floor to be the hangout c': I'll take care of the outside myself c':

I build small houses *^*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 6:34 AM Last edited by pannisim : 8th Jun 2017 at 5:09 PM. Reason: pictures deleted
@OnayaW,

Here is the building with floor-length windows.

Forgive my choice of windows, I couldn't find the white color of the floor-length window I normally use. I do remember it having a blue, yellow, and white color, but I couldn't find it inside the game. I can place the red version though, if you wish, and then, after you plop the lot in your game, you can use the design tool and choose the white version. Just tell me what you will prefer.

And, since Charmful raised the point of grocery stores not having a separate entrance/balcony thingy, I did a version without that, but in this version, I kept the side-entrance, as to not to give it a total boxy feeling.

Do tell me what you like/dislike, and what you want me to change. And I apologize for my poor build skills, I am by no means an expert.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 7:49 AM
I know what windows you talk about @pannisim they are from H&M because I use them often QwQ'
And I can make the outside myself. I already know how to do that.
c':
But I am greatful for you making the store. I just love seeing other's "art"

I build small houses *^*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 8:18 AM
Okie, @OnayaW, so I'll get started on the insides. Which lot do you like the most ?
Forum Resident
#11 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 8:20 AM
the second @pannisim

I build small houses *^*
Instructor
#12 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 11:46 AM
I love the siding, however, more roof variance, s and foliage would be nice
Very open looking!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Scholar
#13 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 4:56 PM
I liked the designs, so I copied the pictures to use for ideas. I like to build for my game.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 5:58 PM
@OnayaW, your building will be a little late, seeing that I won't have access to my PC for a few days. I truly am sorry. I'll get it done sometime next week, I promise. Again, so sorry for the delay .

@lordtyger9, I am gladd that you liked the plans this much. Do share pics .
Forum Resident
#15 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 9:00 PM
//it's okay. They have a little hang dance and culture club and a clothing store so they won't get bored c':

I build small houses *^*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th May 2017 at 2:11 PM
@OnayaW,

So sorry, but I lost the game where I was building those lots.........It just got way bad and I deleted it...........couldn't save a thing, whole thing had gone to waste.......*bawls* I am truly sorry.........I'll try to make you another one instead of that one. I mean, how hard can copying my own design be, right ? It will take longer, but I'll get it done.

Again, I am very, very sorry. Hate me all you want.
Scholar
#17 Old 4th May 2017 at 5:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannisim
@OnayaW,

So sorry, but I lost the game where I was building those lots.........It just got way bad and I deleted it...........couldn't save a thing, whole thing had gone to waste.......*bawls* I am truly sorry.........I'll try to make you another one instead of that one. I mean, how hard can copying my own design be, right ? It will take longer, but I'll get it done.

Again, I am very, very sorry. Hate me all you want.

Oh I am terribly sorry to hear that you lost your game.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Instructor
#18 Old 4th May 2017 at 5:47 PM
Sorry about your game pannisim! I think you can build something even better . I remember losing my favorite hood to rapid corruption, and I was heartbroken, so I know how you feel !

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th May 2017 at 4:32 AM
Thanks for the support guys.

Things are kind of bittersweet for now. On one hand, I lost that game. On another, I found an old neighbourhood, the one that I used to play way back in 2006-2007, when I had been an idiot of a 8 year old.

Now, I only have to set up my saved games file, convert my old hood into a sub one and join it with my existing megahood and most probably re-decorate all of the houses and give the sims a makeover and I'll be ready to play.
Instructor
#20 Old 5th May 2017 at 6:21 PM
Sounds awesome! You've been playing since you were 8? Wow!

Check it out ;)
Forum Resident
#21 Old 8th May 2017 at 2:30 PM
//seeing people there say since they were 8... thinking on when I was 7 in 2005... ohfdhsj realizing I have been playing sims 2 for 12 years.

also it's okay, I already build the places myself c':

I build small houses *^*
Link Ninja
#22 Old 8th May 2017 at 3:30 PM
Nooo another hood bites the dust . I wonder what was wrong with it to suddenly be like that? Did you just build or did you also play sims in it?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 13th May 2017 at 8:29 PM
@Charmful, I used to play in that one too. I literally have no idea as to what caused that problem. The floors, terrains were a b&w criss-cross pattern, and the walls were invisible. Like......uhh????

But hey, I set up my game, did some CC organising and now I am ready to play. Hopefully nothing will give me any more problems.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 5:25 PM
Hello Peeps !
Am back from my hiatus. (read exams and such)

Have been doing building stuff, for a new subhood that I am setting up. Here are some pics!

A little trailer, on a 1x1 lot. Sparsely finished, price under 25K .

Layout.

A trailer park. (This is gonna be an apartment)

Again, sparsely decorated, so no interior shots, just a teeny-weeny top-shot.

Also...........On a whim, I built this little thing, and since I had already found suicideloversim's wonderful psds, I decided to use them. Pics bellow spoiler.

AND...........I played a little too! Got Emerald Heights for as a subhood, and am playing with it. Refurnished the COppersmith House. Pics under spoiler.

And sorry for the pics being unedited. Usually, I crop and add a border, adjust the brightness/contrast a little...but this time, I wanted to show off so bad...........that I ended up posting these as they were.

Now, a simple question - If I give updates about my sims, but without pics (because I don't take pics that regularly) will you guys still be interested ? At all ?

Have a good day everyone, and thank you, if you have stepped foot in my thread.
Scholar
#25 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 7:01 PM
Panni I like to read about someone's Sim game, pictures are not required for me to enjoy reading. Pictures are good to add, so if you can do some pictures it is nice, but you don't have to have them included in order to get me to read your post.

Your pictures in the above post were fine even if you didn't crop them and adjust brightness and contrast.

Page 1 of 2