Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 9:03 PM Last edited by Amura : 11th Aug 2019 at 7:10 AM.
Default Sedona - Alien Meeting Point [Image heavy]
I'm playing a challenge I created myself, which I call the Alien Meeting Point Challenge.
Long story short: alien townies living here, some (playable) humans moving in (under certain regulations), and the player wondering whether she'll populate the hood with many alien hybrids :D
The original aliens are the ones I shared as a townie pool replacement and this is the first set of playable inhabitants (which are now already elders) and a few more joined them rotation after rotation.

I usually create a graphical summary after every rotation, which is simply a picture of every household where I post icons of the most relevant events, and I think I'm gonna use the ones of this last rotation to introduce the population to you - and tell a little bit of what's going on

I hope you did not find it too boring to read!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 4:08 PM Last edited by Rguerra : 24th Apr 2017 at 12:34 AM.
Your challenge is really interesting, Amura, since I like to see how genetics play out in the game. And I also love all the details about the families you put in this topic.

I was planning to do this challenge when I saw it in the Sims 2 Challenges forum, I made a desert town named New Sixam (based on the alien planet from Sims 3/Sims 4) and added some alien townies with unnatural skintones and names generated from Behind The Name Generator (I used the "Xalaxxi" and "Simitiq" under the fantasy category), but I still doesn't played it yet. I'm trying to think about the humans characters moving to the barracks and my main hood always distracts me from everything else.
Instructor
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 6:04 PM
I love the concept of your hood! Such awesome and interesting sims. I can't wait to read more about it-I AM working on an alien planet right now

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 11:41 AM
I love Aliens, looking forward to more.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 1:02 PM
Thank you for reading!!! <3
(I was afraid it had turned out way too long for anyone actually reading it at all.)

@Rguerra:
I'm glad you like it!
I've always liked aliens but I had only played the rare abduction child, so I wanted to see more of them in at least one of my hood And TS2 genetics are just so cool.
Not many people joined, I guess it's too specific. But I hope every one feels like customizing it to their liking.

For humans I thought of creating a bunch of Family Sim, so the hood would be soon very populated... but then I decided against it, seemed a bit boring.
Instead I created a variety, each of them with a different aspiration type, so it would be story-wise more interesting. And indeed it is!
Some of the families have many children (4 and 5) while other couples remain childless - but even so the population is growing steadly so I'm quite happy

Btw the name generator you use is veeeeery cool. I'm bookmarking it, thank you for sharing!

@Emperor Crat:
Oh, working on an alien planet? Sounds very cool! Designing a hood or decoration?
Instructor
#6 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 1:35 PM
I'm currently designing a dynasty style hood

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 6:39 PM
Oh, I have just found your thread, there is already a second page in this group :D
I'm gonna peek in there ^o^
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
Oh, I have just found your thread, there is already a second page in this group :D
I'm gonna peek in there ^o^

Pokes pokes, how about some more on your Challenge? I am looking forward to reading more. ;-)

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 6:30 PM
I'll be writing soon, when I'm done with this rotation. Althought there is not much going on, this is a boring rotation so far.
But I want to write a little summary after every rotation, and post my summary pics - which may be meaning less for you all, but they help me to keep track of the storyline.

Anyway I'm an slow player - and I'm very glad I find time to play at all!
And sometimes I dedicate some time to build or to create a little mod (which I'm not good at, so it takes me a lot of time) whch makes me even slower.

For example the Bakers have just moved to one of my last buildings, which is based on a house which I've seen IRL in my town.
When I build I usually pack the file right away and then playtest a copy, so in this case they were my guinea pigs :D
Screenshots
Instructor
#10 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 12:38 AM
Cool house (and based off of real life too :lovestruc) ! I'm also a really slow player, but I'm willing to wait for your rotations as they're quite fun to read. I DO love aliens!

Check it out ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 2:29 AM
I think the house looks cool as well. I will wait patiently for the next round to be done, I want to read more.

Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 1:38 PM
I think the house is actually quite simple, but lately I'm very tempted to build RL houses and I've taken some photos of houses I like. None is unique, in the sense of some lots uploaded at MTS, but I like them.
In fact I'm currently working on the building which I actually live in, although it will only be similar on the outside (these apartments are too tiny for Sims xD). Next time I get into my building hood (I have one dedicated to that purpose) I'll take a pic, I promise.

I think I'll eventually build a town that resembles mine, but that's a long-term project.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st May 2017 at 1:48 PM
OK, I've finished this rotation. But it has been a bit boring, no relevant events took place.
Oh, well, no excuses, I'll tell you all about it anyway (and I'm attaching my summary pics in case anyone wants to peek in).

Arvian Zadra-Atkins has grown up into an adult, and he'll soon move out from his parents house.
He's a handsome young man who almost looks like a twin to his own father (but he's got awful clothes, he should get new ones as soon as he can afford them) and he's also the oldest of all the hybrid Sims, so I'm really hoping for him to settle and create a family soon so I can see the wonderful TS2 genetics in action :lovestruc
Not sure he'll oblige though, cause as a teen he used to be *ehem* not the kind who likes attachment. But hey, who knows?

Little kids keep growing up too, teens keep dating, everyone makes friends, and Prod Entayta gets into fights. The usual stuff.
Oh, well, Prod got a new job, maybe he makes some friends there. Maybe. He's so grumpy.

Crystal Baker also got a job. I guess the housewife life was not for her, and now that they got this new house it's good to have a larger income.

Others who are doing economically well are Charles Walker and his wife Caryl - both got a promotion, their business is leveling up and they got a good cash bonus which allowed them to pay off part of the mortgage.
They still have a huge debt but that's what comes with the responsability of running this retirement house. At which they are failing though, because they have not got any inmate yet. Still working on it.

The Freemans had a baby, named him Cassius.
Cynthia had a great pregnancy, she was absolutely relaxed, in a very zen mood. Even when surrounded by wolves and her husband had a near-to-death experience

Oh, and we had Chloe Mace rolling a funny want. She was giving a backrub to her husband when she rolls a want to flirt with her ex-husband Steve
Later that day Chloe and Ricky celebrated an anniversary party and she forgot about it... but it could have been the weirdest twist in their story. (Btw Ricky is best friend of Steve's fiancรฉ Tina. If everything else was not enough.)

And that's pretty much everything.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 1st May 2017 at 10:36 PM
OK, I've finished this rotation. But it has been a bit boring, no relevant events took place.
Oh, well, no excuses, I'll tell you all about it anyway (and I'm attaching my summary pics in case anyone wants to peek in).

<snip>

I enjoyed your update thanks for posting it.

Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th May 2017 at 12:50 PM
Oh, well, I can't complain any more about uneventful rotations. This one was quite exciting! (And I also played in very few days.)

Probably the most interesting part was Carol Jobs date with James Walker ^.^
Both of them are married, but even so they risked everything to go out... to a public place.
Carol put on her best dress and James appeared with his uniform. It seems she thinks men in uniform look hot

They had a quite short but great date (dream date in fact). :lovestruc
Some townie (Quinten Corsillo) came to bother them, but luckily no member of their families was around to catch them.
Still there is a huge risk that they might be caught in the future, because this is such an small town. I am so looking forward playing them in the next rotations!

Love is in the air, said the song. And it seems so in this hood.

Arvian Zadra-Atkins moved out of his parents house and into a cheap apartment, best thing he could afford (he's saving up for some more fashionable clothes LOL).
This is the same apartment building as Eleanor Walker, former neighbour and first of his conquests as a teenager, and it did not take long before they were again in very friendly terms... and much more.

None of them is the type for commitment, and in fact Eleanor also seduced Ray Mayhew - who grew into an adult in this rotation and is still living in his parents place.

And you know who loves commitment? Steve Palmer of course. He just married his fourth spouse, Tina.

No party, he does not dare inviting old "friends" anymore.
In fact he met Callista Atkins in the Bakers house, and he got slapped. Jealousy perhaps? Of K'Mepp perhaps? He was once involved with too many women to remember them all and behave with caution xD

Btw Crystal Baker is pregnant. And so is Tina Palmer. And Chloe Mace - Steve's first exwife. All of them will be mothers for the first time.
Also Cynthia Freeman is expecting her second child, now that her little Cassius is a toddler - and looks so much like his father! Their cute Asian-style home will be soon too small for them all, that's pretty obvious...

(Which makes me think I should change my pregnancy span mod so that pregnant women show their bumps in the summary pics. Hmmm.)
Instructor
#16 Old 5th May 2017 at 6:23 PM
Thanks for the awesome update! I would be pretty shocked if my grandmother/father were cheating, and I'm sure the town will be too . Lots of potential for drama

Check it out ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 6th May 2017 at 4:15 AM
Awesome update! Lovely Pictures. I enjoyed reading about your families.

Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th May 2017 at 1:12 PM
Hahaha, yes, I guess we usually don't think of our elders in terms of romance, but I'm pretty sure that if we knew the truth we would be kinda surprised

Anyway in my game elders are not so old.
I know most players don't like that lifestage but I do like it. They are more easily tired, true; their bodies change, true; but they are mostly like adults.
I've modded the lifespan so they are about 50 or so (I don't remember exactly, it's been a while) when they become elders. Because about that age it's inusual that women get pregnant and with such a simple change the game won't allow pregnancies. Also white hair, saggy bobbies, bladder problems and tiredness may become more frequent at that age.
They still have a lot of life to live - a lot of dreams to achieve - after that age, they still keep working in their career, etc.

But after that rant I'll admit that James Walker is probably the oldest playable in the hood XD
Because he was one of the first batch and he had a very low aspiration bar when he grew up (= short lifestage).
But Carol joined later and had a good aspiration bar when she grew, so I would expect her to have lots of days left.
Instructor
#19 Old 6th May 2017 at 4:13 PM
I think that's an interesting and admirable perception of the elder lifestage, as I seldom play them. My favorite lifestage has to be child, and teen, as they appear to have a zest for life, and more of an ambitious approach to tasks than their older, and therefore more cynical, counterparts. Elders, in my game, are usually used for family trees Which is why I find your hood to be rather intriguing-an angle I've never attempted myself before. I also love how you depict the interpersonal relationships with icons and portrait boxes, and I love how your posts are really easy to read. Your sims are really unique looking too! I can't wait to hear about them some more, and perhaps, more about the kids too .

Check it out ;)
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th May 2017 at 9:09 PM
I hardly play children and teens. Or, well, I do it plainly.

I'm a want-oriented player, and I try to keep my Sims aspiration bar in platinum.
When their needs are fullfilled and they are in the best of moods (platinum) they have time to think about their favourite hobby and about their dreams (LTW).
But children don't care about LTW. They don't. When they are happy they simply play and sing and dance and then play again. They just wanna have fun. So I let them be
Which means a lot of free will for them, unlike adults who must care about bills and mortgages and other boring mundane matters.
So in some sense children are the ones I play "less" because they choose most of the things they do all the day long. Teenagers are slightly different - the whole dating thing makes me keep a closer eye on their social life - but many of them also have much time to do as they please.

Summary pics are very handy for me. Because sometimes I play a lot (these days I'm in fact playing a lot) but then I may be weeks or even months without playing at all. So I need something to remind me what was going on.

The uniqueness of my Sims, well, I guess I don't care about "handsome". I think having different facial features make them somewhat realistic.
Also I don't use much CC, so if they all were "beautiful" they all would end up looking alike and that would be boring.
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th May 2017 at 9:46 PM
Default Another rotation :)
And this rotation did not disappoint me - and it certainly surprised me!

First of all, I expected James Walker and Carol Jobs flirtation to be a huge bomb (metaphorically speaking). But there was no time for that.
The Walkers are the first family I play in my rotation, and I knew James was old... but I simply did not expect him to die right away

He did not seem very unhappy. I guess the hula girl was the best advertisment for the afterlife
His family was honestly sad, but at least the inheritance money was an improvement: His widow Sophie has finally paid their mortgage - yes, the one they got when they got married.

The money was also great for his eldest, Charles.
He is doing his best to pay the huge mortgage on the Heritage Manor - a bit at a time - and he finally managed to convice a resident to move in: from now on Donte Reiner will live with Charles and his wife Caryl.

And now Roger does not nag his sister Eleanor so she gets a job. With this extra money they will do well for a while. Specially because they may take separate ways as they get married - or not.
Marriage? What am I talking about?
Oh, well, first of all Ray Mayhew moved into the apartment next door. And he has no doubts about his feelings towards Eleanor, so he proposed. That simple.
But Ray does not know that Eleanor is also involved with Arvian. And they all live in the same apartment building. So this is a really dangerous situation... which may end with a happy marriage or with lots and lots of fights.

Roger on the other hand has never been too interested in romantic interactions - but he wanted to marry a rich woman. Very worried about money, you see.
He was in good terms with J'Kepp Daeli-Jobs (yes! the daughter of his father's lover) and now that she's an adult too he became interested in finding about her economical situation. She's an only child, will inherit everything, and seems a good catch... so why not marry her?
This was his first love, his first kiss... and he does not mean to waste any more time, so he proposed right away.

It might seem Roger is taking advantage of J'Kepp, but he does not know all the truth about her.
She had just celebrated her birthday when she decided to enjoy her time doing what she likes better - stargazing. She uses the telescope a lot, but she had no idea that the Pollination Technician might be interested in knowing any half-alien girl as herself. But he did. And now... she is pregnant
Her bump is not obvious yet, and when her friend Roger proposes, well, she quickly figures that accepting him is a good plan.

I had expected the third generation to be a child of either Arvian Zadra-Atkins or Ray Mayhew (which means that in any case Eleanor Walker was a candidate to be the mother ) but the serious J'Kepp is going to be mother sooner.
(And this will get me into the next stage of the challenge a few rotations earlier than expected.)

And several babies were born in this rotation. All of them 100% human, which is almost strange in this hood
Chloe & Ricky Mace had a baby boy, named Herbie. He inherited Chloe's dark skin and blue eyes, a nice combination.

Cyril & Crystal Baker had a baby girl, named Aryana. Now that they are both working they think they might need some help so they already hired a maid. (Which is funny because Crystal used to be the maid.)

Cynthia & Damion Freeman had another baby boy, named Jonas. They already have a toddler (Cassius) so the 1-bedroom fancy house is no longer enough for them and they are about to move to a new place.

And also Steve & Tina Palmer had a baby girl, Lucy Palmer. But I did not get an pic *facepalm*
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 11th May 2017 at 10:10 PM
And this rotation did not disappoint me - and it certainly surprised me!
<snip>
And also Steve & Tina Palmer had a baby girl, Lucy Palmer. But I did not get an pic *facepalm*

You do take good pictures and I like your households. I can relate to not getting pics, also there are five that I thought I had taken. but that I couldn't find. ack.

I am looking forward to your next post on your neighborhood, I do love aliens after all.

Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th May 2017 at 2:31 PM
I guess I'm not too bad at taking pictures - quality-wise. I learned to use the camera & Fraps to take pictures of my buildings so I could upload them her at MTS.
But I'm bad at realizing that a moment is worth being captured. I usually realize too late - or never at all ^.^;
And most of my pics are the "typical" events - weddings, proposals, births, birthdays, deaths.

In fact I did not care much about pictures lately, but since someone is reading my posts and a wall of poorly-written text is a terrible thing to read I felt that some photos would enhance it.

Oh, btw I forgot to add my summary pics, I'll upload them now so I can keep them at hand.
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 20th May 2017 at 3:52 PM
And I've finished another rotation
It was quite peaceful to play, but not uneventful at all.

Let's get started with J'Sapp Daeli, husband of Carol Jobs.
She had cheated him with late James Walker, it's true, but he does not know. Which does not stop with from being unloyal too - with another alien woman of the Daeli region, K'Mepp Daeli. (Theirs has always been an arrangment which suited both parts, but love has been fading ever since.)

He almost got caught. Almost. But he was lucky for a matter of minutes.
And he was in a great mood afterwards, even after he became an elder and his only child gave birth to two fatherless babies (from abduction, she says, but you never know, they might be her natural children as well).

She wanted them to have a Daeli sort of name, but she had always suffered people's inability to read her own name so she decided to change the spelling to something a bit more Simlish (although I'm afraid most people will think it does not help a lot): Jappung and Pekkung are the names of the little ones.

She was engaged to Roger Walker, who is a Knowledge Sim and has a lot of interest in curious events such as abductions... and also in the money he supposed her to have.
It was already too late when he realized that most of that money is not her yet - she will inherit it after her parents death.

Anyway they enjoyed a cellebration in Roger's tiny apartment (both families being invited there was hardly anywhere to be without bumping on someone else) and then they moved into a new house, with J'Keep's twins of course.

They are not the only ones who moved to a new house. The Freemans also did - they needed much more space and they certainly can afford it.

It is a very roomy house and they even have spare bedrooms in case they ever decide to have more children.
But right now taking care of Cassius and Jonas - both of them toddlers, although not of the same age - is a lot of work!

Allow me to show you more pics of the babies who have just become toddlers.
Here is Herbie Mace, who loves his mother Chloe to read to him.

And this is Aryana Baker, who has a very nice mixture of her parents genes.

Last but not least this is Lucy Palmer, with the fanciest hairdo a toddler ever wore.

Btw Steve Palmer seems to have found happiness and is trying to move on from his past relationships. And one thing that bothered him was the grave of his first wife (and the ghost who wandered). Because the grave occupies valuable space in such a tiny lot and because he's worried of what the ghost could do to his baby.
So he decided to contact the public administration and arrange the creation of a cemetery for all the inhabitants.
He needed to pay the lot from his pocket - which required a mortgage - but he's glad to have somewhere to put Adriana's grave... and he's willing to let others do the same for a reasonable fee.

And, well, that's all about the story.
My challenge was set so an university can be created as soon as any hybrid (in this case J'Kepp) has children (her twins from an abduction) so I've started building it, but I'm gonna keep it quite simple because it's supposed to be an small campus. And it's probably be a while before there are any students in there.
(Anyway I think my no-respawn mods got a hiccups of some sort and now I have a large population for this small place, but it's no big deal.)

Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 20th May 2017 at 4:53 PM
I guess I'm not too bad at taking pictures - quality-wise. I learned to use the camera & Fraps to take pictures of my buildings so I could upload them her at MTS.
But I'm bad at realizing that a moment is worth being captured. I usually realize too late - or never at all ^.^;
And most of my pics are the "typical" events - weddings, proposals, births, birthdays, deaths.

In fact I did not care much about pictures lately, but since someone is reading my posts and a wall of poorly-written text is a terrible thing to read I felt that some photos would enhance it.

Oh, btw I forgot to add my summary pics, I'll upload them now so I can keep them at hand.

I have pretty much the same sort of problems with taking pictures that you have. Maybe even worse as I am really bad at taking pictures of births and deaths and such. Also not terribly good at propoals and so on. I am trying to be better, but I still miss a lot.

How do you do your Summary Pics?

Page 1 of 12