Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Garden Items Price Override *** UPDATE*** (Pre Dec. Patch)

by dplace Posted 26th May 2017 at 4:18 PM - Updated 5th Jun 2017 at 2:10 PM by dplace : Updated and Added items

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th May 2017 at 5:06 PM
If anyone is interested I can separate the items so if you don't have Vampires you want get the message that the item was removed each time you load. btw if you want to make it not so easy to make money just don't evolve the items and mix other garden items in with these. Note you only need to put the items in 1 Lice Cold Fridge, the customers will be able to purchase from any of them.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 26th May 2017 at 5:22 PM
Your political commentary is out of place on a gaming website.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th May 2017 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea

It may be just me but I don't really think "pulled an Obama economy" qualifies as a political commentary.
Political reference, yes. Political commentary, no.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th May 2017 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea

Not commentary... joking. I'm not political.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th May 2017 at 6:25 PM
I still used the script to drop the values even further than EA, the one that stops the random pricing and uses the lowest value of the fruit and it's still OP in my opinion, you can earn thousands in a harvest still.

I probably should post it somewhere, I updated someone else's python script to work with the new expansions.
Instructor
#7 Old 26th May 2017 at 7:50 PM
I agree with Corylea, your political commentary is out of place here.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th May 2017 at 8:07 PM
Can you all not get so triggered over a mere political joke. Jesus H Christ, like I'm a staunch supporter of Obama, and I still laughed at the joke.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th May 2017 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edwardecl
I still used the script to drop the values even further than EA, the one that stops the random pricing and uses the lowest value of the fruit and it's still OP in my opinion, you can earn thousands in a harvest still.

I probably should post it somewhere, I updated someone else's python script to work with the new expansions.

It took a very long time to fully ripen before the December patch, I don't know what tuning was involved but I would harvest at about 60 or 70% ripened and let the process complete in the fridge and even while being sold at times so that made the prices vary a great deal even by thousands of dollars. I just ran this model business as I didn't want to spend a great deal of time with it or deal with it on a daily basis to earn a living in Sims 4. When they patched it I could no longer afford my lifestyle and was nearly forced into working for a living.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th May 2017 at 9:12 PM
I thought it was hilarious and it's not political commentary. If you're offended why are you on the internet of all places?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th May 2017 at 10:24 PM
Nice mod, this will come in handy for my farming Sims. Thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th May 2017 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ddplace
Nice mod, this will come in handy for my farming Sims. Thanks

You're welcome, and I like your nick!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 26th May 2017 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dplace
You're welcome, and I like your nick!

I like yours too!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th May 2017 at 1:57 AM
Thank you for this!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th May 2017 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amc462000
Thank you for this!!

You're welcome, I thought I might not be the only one wanting the old prices back, just wish I knew how they handled the ripening part before the patch but this is much faster.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th May 2017 at 8:15 AM
by obama economy I'm sure you meant "give them half of all you earn"

HA!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th May 2017 at 11:57 AM
Giggles
Great description I'm puttin this in my game!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#18 Old 29th May 2017 at 1:21 AM
Thank you! This is something that was bothering me for a while. I don't know what EA was thinking.

You should have played a Trump card. Not as offensive towards people's tender feefees.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 29th May 2017 at 2:56 AM
90% of people go around looking for something to be offended by. I was amused. The trump card was amusing too. So was the whining. lol Maybe I'm just easily amused. Thanks for the mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 29th May 2017 at 4:05 AM
Thank you for this! Adding to my game!
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th May 2017 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dplace
...the EA pulled an Obama economy on me and dropped my values from thousands of simoleons down to mere pocket change barely enough to keep my doors open.

I just thought I would chime in since everyone else is putting in their two cents. I also found the description off-putting. Not only because I find it extremely distasteful when people insert polarising topics such as politics and religion into unrelated things (and yes, in this negative context, it was commentary), but more importantly, it made a simple description more confusing. I had to pause and summarise to myself: "Obama economy? What does that even mean? Okay... so the originally high prices were... decreased for the seller and this mod... increases it. Okay... so Obama decreased... ugh, why do I care?!" I'm still not clear what the mod does. I thought the store owner sets the overall price percentage of their store? If you wanted to sell above market value wouldn't you mark up the prices? Also, when I made a grocery store and then sold it, then visited the lot and bought the items, they were more expensive than if I had harvested the food and sold it from my inventory. However, I didn't buy/place things from the fridge, so could the fridge itself be the issue?

Congratulations to the people who don't care. Teostar, you don't care and you supported Obama? I'm sure you put other Obama supporters to shame. You sir, deserve a medal. I didn't support Obama and I didn't appreciate the "joke", so what do I get? /s

C'mon, it really shouldn't be hard to imagine why some people would be turned off by this. There is nothing wrong with what was said, it was where you said it. People came looking for a description for the mod, and was ambushed with political commentary. I shouldn't go to download a mod and leave knowing the modder's political views. It's disturbing and feels dirty for some odd reason. Maybe it's because I hate off-topic politics and pro/anti-religion talk.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 30th May 2017 at 6:24 AM
Quote:
I just thought I would chime in since everyone else is putting in their two cents.

Wow sorry you feel that way. You take things way too seriously. And no it had nothing to do about the lower of the prices it was having to close the store for not being able to make enough money. I work at a power plant and so many businesses have closed that we have shut down many of our plants. I didn't mean for it to be offensive I was just trying to make a joke at EA for ruining the gameplay. I use MCCCCCCCC..... (however many Cs there are) Mod and the no jealousy setting. Had EA messed it up I probably would have joked that I was pimping like Trump until they patched the game so I'm not political but I will make fun of them if they have faults Democrats or Republicans and if that's wrong and NSA comes after me I'll wipe my computer with a cloth.
Test Subject
#23 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 3:52 AM Last edited by kjpeterson18 : 1st Jun 2017 at 4:13 AM.
̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶v̶e̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶w̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶f̶r̶u̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶e̶r̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶v̶o̶l̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶(̶I̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶8&#822̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶3̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶N̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶a̶r̶l̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶D̶e̶c̶.̶ ̶P̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶v̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶z̶y̶.̶ ̶N̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶.̶

̶E̶D̶I̶T̶:̶ ̶I̶t̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶1̶-̶1̶/̶2̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶s̶.̶

EDIT: Got it working again. Didn't realize there was an update for the mod on the 26th so it was bugged.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 6:43 PM
Fab, thanks I'll start farming again!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meteorastorm
Fab, thanks I'll start farming again!

You're welcome, Happy Simming!
Page 1 of 2