Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 4:11 AM
Default Disable all NPC/service people mod?
Hello,

Anyone know a good mod to control the population of my world. I am trying to disable all random NPCs that I did not create and design from appearing. Lets just say its a fairly exotic map that doesn't work with random little kids walking about delivering news papers and magicians preforming in the open. I just want to turn off all those NPCs and service people that are not part of my story/setting.

thank you,
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 6:45 AM
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 11:17 AM
Not entirely, no. NRaas Register is the mod from our collection that can be used to control Role and Service Sims.

Role Sim assignments, those assigned to role giving objects in town like cash registers, LN bars, bouncer ropes can be given to residents manually using the mod if wanted and if you have space for them all to live in. Or you could set Register to assign otherwise unemployed residents to those positions and switch off its flavor of "immigration" (this is what spawns those homeless NPC Role Sims as needed, not the same thing as resident immigration) provided you have some unemployed residents for the mod to use. Or, of course, you could minimize the need for these by not having many or any such objects in town to staff.

For special Global Role Sims not tied to objects like the Uni mascot and I think the town science nerd, a tuning mod would be needed or their spawning would be controllable using Retuner. But Register can disallow the Paparazzi, also in this category, from spawning.

Service Sims can never be residents and are more difficult to control. These are sims that are generally dispatched to sims' houses to perform their services such as maids, newspaper/pizza delivery, repair and repo sims, fire/police, babysitters, and as special cases the Grim Reaper and the Time Traveler. Even if you use a mod to reduce the service pools, the game will still spawn them as needed and it really "wants" to have some of these standing by in the pool behind the scenes to spring into action when called upon. Service animals (strays and those in the adoption and horse breeding pools) also fall into this category, although it's only the strays that ever appear on screen by themselves. We can't eliminate Service Sims entirely but players using NRaas StoryProgression and its SP Population add-on module can at least leverage the settings under SP > General Options > Options:Sims > Options:Immigration/Emigration to control their genetics and dictate that they get pulled from sims we have stored in the Household Bin rather than being totally random. This is again different from regular resident immigration, which is governed by General Options > Options:Lots > Options:Immigration/Emigration within that mod.

The Showtime street performers are also tricky as the game spawns those all on its own. The best we can do, again using NRaas mods, is to disallow the three Showtime careers and the three related skills (SP Skill add-on module), but most of us find that in most worlds a small number of these will still spawn on us. The game by itself will also spawn homeless co-workers for sims in rabbit hole careers who don't have any/enough if there aren't enough resident sims in the population to fill those slots.

And then finally we have those who are barely complete sims and are what we call "untouchable," as the player cannot really interact with them at all. Examples would include taxi cab, carpool, school bus, and snack truck drivers.

You have quite a challenge on your hands.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Populat...Town+Management
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 10:10 PM
Thank you for all the Advice. Yes it seems that no matter what the NPC service sims will pop up and come to town given certain conditions. There is no way to entirely eliminate this. After 3 days of messing with NAARS Retuner and Population Control and Master Control and Register I have decide that instead of limiting them as strictly as possible I would use those tools to configure the service NPCs so that they match the theme and look of my world better. This has been much more productive and less frustrating over all.