Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night - posted on 15th Jul 2017 at 7:21 PM
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 1004 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 10:41 PM
Default Request/help/advice? Re-creating faces in the Sims 3.
I have no idea where to put this thread so if this is the wrong place I apologize.
I am looking for a good way to edit faces in the Sims three. No face is coming out like I want to. The sliders are just not working for me; I have already created some of the faces that I'm trying to re-create in the Sims three in the Sims 4. I want to re-create these Sims in the Sims 3 because the gameplay is just so much better. However, I can get nothing to look right using the sliders. Is there a mod or a tool or something that can help me be a little more precise
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 2:37 AM
Is there anything I can do to make face creating easier or more manageable?
MakeNeedsStaticOn
staff: moderator
#3 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 11:41 AM
IIRC, since the faces use sliders, things will never look all that accurate. I think to create something more accurate would be making sure every single detail is around the same size and height as the original face. So for example, having the eye socket being the same height, size, width as the original face. This is because all sliders- even custom sliders, are made for the original sims 3 face, so usually things will look a bit off once you wouldn't. I'm not sure if you've ever made CASparts before? But say, if your sim's arm on the mesh would be somehow lower compared to the original one, the arm will look incredibly stretchy and wrong in-game. So accuracy and this game is really important

I don't think there are any tools for it though... I know that sliders are basically made by hand as far as I know
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old Yesterday at 10:37 PM
But the thing for me is that no matter how I mess with the sliders fingers never look right. It just gives me these weird deformed shapes. And I know you can click on the arrow thing to go back a step five there's just no fine tuning with sliders.
Theorist
#5 Old Today at 12:53 AM
Actually, sliders ARE the fine tuning. You can move the sliders around a tiny little bit, and you can see exactly what you're doing. In TS4, you can never be sure how much you changed and in what way.

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)