Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

FEEDBACK REQUESTED - Campus Performing Arts Hall - NO CC

by Zarathustra Posted 1st Jul 2017 at 10:47 PM - Updated 2nd Jul 2017 at 6:44 PM by Karen Lorraine

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 11:40 PM
Nicely done. The inside construction reminds me A LOT of an early 1970's lecture hall where I went to college.....
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 12:57 AM
Amazing, It seems your University is coming along very nicely! I'm Excited to Play in it!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 4:43 AM
It looks as if you could actually enter and enjoy a show or perform. Beautiful interior and exterior work.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by atymer
It looks as if you could actually enter and enjoy a show or perform. Beautiful interior and exterior work.

You can direct Sims to sit in any of the concert hall seats, OR direct them to perform on-stage, no problem, but sadly, they can't watch an on-stage performance from in the audience seating, so any "audience" watching a performer would just be for effect...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 6:38 AM
I *LOVE* your concert hall! The inside looks incredible! My biggest disconnect is that the inside of the building in no way informs the outside of the building. I would have expected the hall's semi-circle to be visible at some point in the exterior, but this looks like you have entirely encased a music hall inside a generic gothic building. Aside from the awesome banners in the front (love that idea!) I have no idea that this is a creative space. It could just have easily be furnished as the math building. Can't believe I'm quoting my architecture and design professors now, but 'Form Follows Function'.

This is part of the exterior of my alma mater's (not ivy league, but still a respected college) music school's theater: Corbett Theater at University of Cincinnati. And this is the music hall of the more homogeneous college campus where I grew up: Elliott Hall of Music at Purdue University. As for Ivy league, Cornell's music hall is a giant round building. Yale's music hall has a round dome on one corner, and Harvard's music hall, while the most subtle of the bunch has a curved end of the building and has a silly roof on top.

I look forward to more of this project! From your neighborhood picture, you are SO much further along with your college campus project than I am with mine! Keep going! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 9:55 AM
Oh my word, the organ! That's so creative!!! I can just see Phantom of the Opera performed on that stage. Beautiful work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 2:40 PM
Thanks
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 2:50 PM
I am always enamored by your work...this is no exception! The cohesiveness of the collegiate gothic is astounding! This is a beautiful lot (and strangely, the interior concert hall looks identical to the one my campus had!!). Love the detail of the wallpaint as banners.
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 5:28 PM
All in all this is awesome; I love the details you have put into this lot, especially the organ.
However, there are a couple of things I wonder about:
There isn't much need for bookcases in dressingrooms, is there??
Since there is nothing on the roof, there is no reason for it to accessible - I know, I am really picking right now...
It would make sense to place some exit-signs, with it being a public building and all.
And a room for the costumes wouldn't be out of place.

I am really looking forward to seeing the finished campus, it looks great.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 4:25 PM
This series is absolutely amazing. I love all of your work, and this is no exception.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 6:08 PM
Incredible project! Thanks!
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 6:52 PM
I'd seen the interior before in the sims 2 forum, which I absolutely adore and the exterior was unexpected. It looks good, I love that box office area and the steps up to it but I think Phaenoh had some good input about the building design. I am just stunned in a good way on how you make such amazing lots without CC - those bronze system pipes for the organ are brilliant.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:37 AM
Beautiful! Love the layered searing, and the classy style.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 14th May 2019 at 2:21 PM
I saw your post about this Campus and MAN, what is this? Your buildings are just amazing. I was anxious to see the neighbourhood but I have to confess I didn't expect for this, this is bigger and better than I thought. I'm really impressed with your creativy and your talent and I can't wait to see more. Really thanks for sharing this, keep doing the work, it's amazing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 30th May 2021 at 8:21 AM
One of the best stages ever! Great job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 22nd Nov 2023 at 9:39 AM
This is a 'master piece' !!! Thanks ;-)