Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 9:51 AM Last edited by Abigail135 : 26th Apr 2020 at 10:34 PM.
The Mafia Family challenge (Sims 4 Edition)
Hello everyone !
So..
I remember playing in the sims 2 (it was such a blast) and there was a challenge that I'll never forget:
The Mafia Family Challenge!

So I thought, why not to remake it? to make it more suitable for the sims 4? Maybe I'll be able to pass this great experience I had into the sims 4?
First of all, this challenge is not mine idea, I'm only remaking it for the sims 4.
This challenge was the idea of psycho_katie_SC - http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=335001

And now.. lets get to the challenge!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sim City used to be quite and peaceful, other sims could trust their neighbors, and be not even to worry that they will live on to see the next day..
But it all changed. there was a vibe of fear in the streets, it's a situation that every sim for him\herself (or may I say.. simself?)
Now all you could see is families sticking together to keep each other safe from these dangers.

This is where you come in.
the streets of Sim City were rising with crime and disorder, and you're in charge of it all.
Bring citizens to their knees, begging before the Don, as you create the most influential criminal family in Sims history!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simple rules to go by -

• Start the family off with an Elder Male ( The first Godfather, he doesn't have to be an elder, he just needs to be older then any one else, but elder recommended.)a wife, and at least one son and one daughter. There may be more family- Brothers and sisters, or more children, However, no grandchildren yet! Also, everyone you create MUST be blood-related to the elder male. No wife or husband for the son and daughter yet, no "friends" to live with that family, nothing but blood related people to the elder.

• Have the elder man join the criminal career track (make him the head, so he'll become The Boss.) He will be the figurehead of this legacy.

• His eldest child (No matter the gender) MUST continue on in his footsteps and join the criminal career track after their teenage phase, However, you may not cheat to make him or her any higher up, until the Godfather will step down before they'll die.

• Other children may have any job they desire, that includes the criminal career (however they can't be the "Boss", there can be only one.),
if they'll pick the law career, they'll be disowned from the family.

• Family businesses are more then allowed, it's best to have some for more income and resources (it can be a restaurant, jewelry shop, strip club, anything you desire.) and you can start the game with one free business, since the founder, the first godfather, built it already.
They may either be on a community lot, or a home business. However- only family members and best friends may be hired to work them.

• Money cheats are allowed for the founding household ONLY.

• The founder/heirs may NEVER move out of main house.

• Adoptions ARE allowed, even for heirs.

• "Whacking" of the founder/heir is NOT allowed... EVER! (if somehow the Heir will die of an outside murderer, the family must avenge them, find the murderer and kill them, and if the Heir will die of other causes like illness , the second born child will take their place.)

• The heir MUST be the eldest.

• All heirs MUST become "The Boss" at some point, when they do and they became adults, the previous Godfather can step down.(unless the Godfather died before that.)

• May only marry/move in townies or NPCs.

• May only move in someone that a sim in the family is in love with, ONLY if they plan on marrying. (However, the moved-in sim is NOT considered part of the family until married.)

• Vampires, Aliens, Plant sims, etc, are allowed. They just make no point difference.

• No cheats except for the money cheats in the main household( and "whacking" hehe). No mood elevators, relationship adjusters, etc!

• Aspiration and Career rewards ARE allowed.

• Sims created in the beginning may have any aspiration you wish. Teens must roll a die for aspirations-
1 - Fortune
2 - Knowledge
3 - Family
4 - Love
5 - Popularity
6 - Creativity
BUT if, as a child, the teen earned all their Creativity and Mental skills, and got up to 5 social skill: you may choose their aspiration.

And now, Let's speak about weddings!

-~- RULES OF MARRIAGE -~-

• All marriages must take the founder's last name.

• Affairs and illegitimate children are allowed.

• In order for a sim to marry into the family, they must first become friends with at least THREE (3) sims in the family, excluding the person they are to marry. Being friends with family by marriage won't count. (such as being friends with your fiance's sister-in-law.)

• Married offspring are free to leave the household and find their own place (but not heirs.) However, they may no longer use any money cheats in their new home.

• If sim offspring from the family, but on another lot, wishes to get married- the same rules apply (their fiance(e) must be friends with three sims already in the family.)

• Same-sex civil unions are NOT allowed for the first 2 generations . (The founding family is really Conservative, However, same-sex affairs ARE allowed anytime.)

• There must ALWAYS be a party for a wedding. But it doesn't have to be a good party, as long as there is one, and the party ALWAYS take place at a family's lot.

• Divorce is allowed. HOWEVER, since divorce frequently leads to grudges and mutual dislike, failing marriages tend to stick together (out of fear of being "whacked", due to holding grudges. - more info on this below.)

• Wives in the house who already have a job other than Criminal may keep it, unless it is in Law Enforcement. (In fear of betrayal.)

-~- RULES OF "WHACKING" -~-

• Cheats to kill ARE allowed, but why bother with cheats when there are mods?
Really recommand downloading the mods extreme violance and life tragedies for some realistic additions (Killing, kidnapping, serial killers.)
• In order to "whack" someone, you must first either have a grudge against them, or be enemies with them. Just one is fine, you don't have to have both.
• Only the sim with the grudge or that is an enemy (or someone whose spouse has a grudge/is an enemy) is allowed to "whack" the person.
• Only sims with a job in the criminal career may "whack" someone.
• Family members may be "whacked". However, different rules apply (as will be seen below.)
• Any sim may be "whacked"- playable and non.
• Graves may be moved to other lot. (you can make a special graveyard for your enemies).
• Whacks MUST occur on a lot owned by the family (any- including community business lots and relatives' lots.)
• The sim to commit the "whack" and the sim to be "whacked" must BOTH be on the lot at the SAME TIME.
• Not everyone is successful the first time, and it really depends on how good your skills are...

So this is how to "whack" a sim-

First of all, get a 6-sided die.
Second, check the career level of the sim to do the "whacking":

AFTER LEVEL 5 IN THE CRIMINAL CAREER, YOU CHOOSE THE BOSS CAREER BRANCH.

(1)Tough Guy, (2)Petty Thief, (3)Ring Leader- Must roll a 5 or a 6 in order to be successful.
(4)Felonious Monk, (5)Minor Crimelord, (6)The Muscle - Must roll a 4, 5, or 6.
(7)Getaway Driver, (8)Safe Cracker, (9)The Brains - Must roll a 3, 4, 5, or 6.
(10)The Boss- May roll anything EXCEPT a 1.

If you are successful, you may kill the offending sim there and then. You may use cheats, or you may do it.. the fun wayy(with mods).
IT IS NEVER NECESSARY TO "WHACK" A SIM. But it WILL get you extra points if done well (meaning no witnesses, no evidence from outside, etc.)
• If you are looking to "whack" a member of the family, you still roll the die. But regardless of career level, you MUST get a 6 in order to succeed. (This person has their own skills and the rest of their family to keep them safe, after all.)

• there WILL BE CONSEQUENCES for a fail attempt, becasue that family member will tell the others, making the relationship between you drop by 40 points.(can use mcc center mod for that.)
• If an attempt is failed, There will be a cool-down of a Week in sims time (Since you need a new plan to "Whack em")
• A sim that is to be "whacked" may NOT be moved in, even if all other move-in requirements are met (Deciding to "whack" someone after a marriage into the family IS allowed, just not if the decision to be "whacked" was made before.)
• Teens are NOT allowed to "whack." (If a teen from the family will "whack" someone, the family won't be able to cover his\her job, and will have to disown them.)
•You can "whack" a person that saw you "whacking" someone else, but for that you'll have to roll a die and get a 1 ONLY (failed attempt at that will result in loss of points.

-~- POINT SYSTEM -~-

+5 for every "whack" completed without cheats.
+2 for every "whack" completed WITH cheats.
+5 for every successful marriage (Has a wedding party score of "gold" or better, no affairs/cheating on each other (not even flirting), they stay in love from the beginning up to the end ("til death" do they part), has at least one child.)
+10 if every wedding party score has been "Silver,"
+20 if every wedding party score has been "Gold."
+10 for every sims to reach the top of the Criminal career track before having a child.
+5 if money cheats are only used in the beginning of the challenge.
+15 if no money cheats are ever used at all.
+1 for every family friend (this includes friends to family that live on other lots.)
+1 for every family member (husbands and wives don't count. However, adopted children do.)
+3 for every heir (including the founder) to die from old age.
+4 for every pair of (non-Fertile Reward) twins.
+2 for every pair of Fertile Reward twins.
+2 if the birth to bring in the heir is twins (in addition to the regular twin bonus.)
+2 for every sim in the family to reach to The Boss title (Only the heir or the founder can keep this title, and heir can't get it if the elder is still alive.)

-1 for every "whack" attempt failed.
-5 for every witness that saw you "whack" someone.
-1 for every sim that accidentally dies on the lot (for whatever reason.)
-2 for every sim to marry-in that originally has a job in Law Enforcement (in which case, they must quit that job immediately.)
-2 for every family member to become an enemy of another family member (grudges are fine. Also, no points off for "whacking" family.)
-3 for every child/teen who gets an F at any point.
-4 for every child taken by the social worker.
-3 for every demotion in the Criminal career track.
-6 for every firing from the Criminal career track.
-4 for every child who dies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first generation is the elder you begin with.

The challenge ends when the 7th generation of the main household is born. (you can ofc continue, but there is where this challenge ends.)

Households where non-heirs are living do not have to be played, but their families and "family friends" count as well. The goal here is to have a BIG, INFLUENTIAL, CRIMINAL FAMILY. So it's a smart idea to spread the family out a bit.

Well, that's it- have fun!
I hope you're going to enjoy this challenge as I will

Here some mods to help you with this challenge -
Life Tragedies by Sacrificial - https://www.sacrificialmods.com/ass...od--v-1.1.2.zip
Extreme violence by Sacrificial - https://www.sacrificialmods.com/ass...mod--v2.0.2.zip
Funeral Event Mod by brittpinkiesims - http://brittpinkiesims.wixsite.com/...neral-Event-Mod
Drugs mod by basemental - https://basementalcc.com/download/
Gangs Mod by basemental - https://basementalcc.com/gangs/ ( REQUAIRS THE DRUGS MOD AND GET TO WORK!!!)

I'll try to find more mods to help with this challenge .

Enjoy and if you're having any ideas, suggestions or things that can improve this challenge, I'll be happy to hear them out.
also write what you think about it and\or what do you think about it if you'll chose to try it and finished
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 9:19 AM
I love this challenge idea and will start a family right away!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rspop
I love this challenge idea and will start a family right away!

Why thank you!
Be sure to tell about your progress
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 3:50 PM
I love this so much I created myself an account just to say it lmfao I'll start it this weeknend!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CoteMaitasuna
I love this so much I created myself an account just to say it lmfao I'll start it this weeknend!

Thank you so much! its really warms the heart to hear it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 6:14 AM
for any reviews or correcting mistakes that I wrote, please let me know!
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 1:49 PM Last edited by DutchySim : 17th Sep 2017 at 3:20 PM.
This looks fun. If I read correct I can use the money cheat with my founder, so I can build him a mansion, fitted for his boss standing. Wonder if this will be easy without using mods. I play vanilla.
I would love to read or see how other people are playing this. Anybody know a blog?
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 9:40 PM
This would be perfect for a sim I created about a week ago. I think I'll spend some time tonight getting set up, then start it tomorrow. IF I can get a halfway decent recording out of it, I might even upload it to youtube. If not, I may blog it instead. I really can't predict what I'll do with any degree of certainty lol.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DutchySim
This looks fun. If I read correct I can use the money cheat with my founder, so I can build him a mansion, fitted for his boss standing. Wonder if this will be easy without using mods. I play vanilla.
I would love to read or see how other people are playing this. Anybody know a blog?

Thank you for your words
And yes you can use money cheats only for the family in control (The Heir's family.)
and so far there is not a video or a blog about this challenge, but it'll be interesting to see this happening
and good luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natwulf666
This would be perfect for a sim I created about a week ago. I think I'll spend some time tonight getting set up, then start it tomorrow. IF I can get a halfway decent recording out of it, I might even upload it to youtube. If not, I may blog it instead. I really can't predict what I'll do with any degree of certainty lol.

Happy to hear that you found it and its good for ya :D
hope you'll enjoy it, and if you do record or post this in a blog, let me know how it went and if there is anything that doesn't makes sense, and ill fix it
good luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 8:57 AM
For any reviews or correcting mistakes, or fixing anything that not making sense, please let me know!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:46 PM
come on people
give it a nice read and give me some reviews,
maybe repair it a lil, add some suggestions, I would really love to see people react to it!
even if it sounds desperate.. Its my first one and I would like some reviews!
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 8:21 PM
This is such a cool idea! I love this and I'm making my sims for it right now (matriarch version). I'm gonna try to start my family asap, and probably mix this challenge together with another one or two!
(also, to fix up your paragraph a little bit, you said "always take the male's last name." how about "always take the founder's last name.", because I was made to believe that the main reason (at least, a long time ago) that women would change their names to their husband's last name, was for superiority. They would go from being a commoner in one city to a middle-class citizen in another city.

(sorry for babbling, and I also hope that's not misinformation, I felt it important to share that for a hot minute-)
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 2:32 AM
RIP I came back to look at the rules and realized that earlier I forgot to mention the More Lots and Venues Mod link is broken!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheEmporersNewGroove
This is such a cool idea! I love this and I'm making my sims for it right now (matriarch version). I'm gonna try to start my family asap, and probably mix this challenge together with another one or two!
(also, to fix up your paragraph a little bit, you said "always take the male's last name." how about "always take the founder's last name.", because I was made to believe that the main reason (at least, a long time ago) that women would change their names to their husband's last name, was for superiority. They would go from being a commoner in one city to a middle-class citizen in another city.

(sorry for babbling, and I also hope that's not misinformation, I felt it important to share that for a hot minute-)

I'm glad that you like it!
and worry not, its those little fixes that making it better, thank you for noticing it!
I'll fix it right away,
also would be great to see your progress
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 9:37 AM
RIP I came back to look at the rules and realized that earlier I forgot to mention the More Lots and Venues Mod link is broken!

Will fix this too!
thank you for letting me know!
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 1:39 AM
I came back to check the rules (which, I know some of them i've broken, i think mainly it's just that i have a no-needs mod installed (makes it to were my sims dont have to take showers, use the bathroom, sleep, etc.) and then i read the first line, and i realized a BIG mistake... i only made my two women and i forgot the brother :"( why me. i'm going back and adding him now.
Also, I don't really know how to share my progress but i can upload my lot and characters to the game if you want!
Scholar
#18 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 7:17 PM
I love the sound of this challenge! I have been wanting to start a new challenge for a while, after several failed attempts at various legacies that I grew bored of. I think I'll give this a go, and probably end up rewatching "The Sopranos" because this made me think of that.

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 3:03 PM
I came back to check the rules (which, I know some of them i've broken, i think mainly it's just that i have a no-needs mod installed (makes it to were my sims dont have to take showers, use the bathroom, sleep, etc.) and then i read the first line, and i realized a BIG mistake... i only made my two women and i forgot the brother :"( why me. i'm going back and adding him now.
Also, I don't really know how to share my progress but i can upload my lot and characters to the game if you want!

Will be glad to get any updates!
text, pics, video, however you would like!
show the world your creativity :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clw8
I love the sound of this challenge! I have been wanting to start a new challenge for a while, after several failed attempts at various legacies that I grew bored of. I think I'll give this a go, and probably end up rewatching "The Sopranos" because this made me think of that.

I'm glad that you find this challenge to be interesting, or at least an option that looks interesting
Really hope that you'll enjoy it and not get bored easily from my challenge
Also, have fun rewatching that serie !
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 8:37 AM
For any reviews or correcting mistakes, or fixing anything that not making sense, please let me know!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 6:33 AM
Would like to know what do you think about this challenge and tell me if there is anything to fix!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 8:18 PM
Would like to know what do you think about this challenge and tell me if there is anything to fix!
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 7:55 PM
Default I have some thoughts.
Despite the great ideas and possibilities this mod can produce, I think it is a little unfair that the daughter cannot be heir to the family mafia. Some people find that female crime/mafia bosses in both novels and tv shows, are actually more intimidating than a male crime/mafia boss. And actually a little sexier
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 7:45 AM
Helpful mod idea for this challenge in regards to businesses!
There is a real estate mod where you can own apartments, and there is also a strip club mod(IF you're 18+ hehe). Cosa Nostra is notorious for owning literally everything.

*Unrelated sims topic* if you are a mafia buff and you want a good read on case files regarding a huuuuge strip club scandal, I heavily recommend The 2001 Gold Club case from Atlanta, Ga!
Page 1 of 2