Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 10:40 PM Last edited by andlarryofficial : 13th Jul 2017 at 12:00 AM.
Default normals issue (solved)
Hi,
I currently have a recolor of an EA original mesh in the moderation queue, attempting to make a Marine dress blue (bravo) uniform. I have the re-color done, but am having trouble with the Normal showing through even after I edit it to remove buttons on the original mesh. I'm not sure if its an issue with how I am editing the normal, I haven't been able to find a tutorial using photoshop 5/5.5, if anyone would like to help me learn that would be wonderful, as I am very new at complex recolors.

(I don't know if I'm allowed to upload the actual package here, but the zip folder contains jpegs of the recolor, the normal, and an image showing the issue)

Thanks,
-Eliza

EDIT:
The issue was on the specular, I'm an idiot, forgive me

(admin, do I delete this post or let it stay for others to laugh at my stupidity?)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  USMC dress blues images.zip (971.6 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 10:36 PM
Hello, Sorry, I did not see this here until now! I did look at the mesh you cloned and it has a fold on the right side with button bumps which is causing the problem on your recolor which has a central garment fold. I will come back later when I am at home and upload a photo so you can see the problem. That is not a texture problem alone. The mesh has to be redone.

It is easy to fix as far as the mesh goes. if I could do a CAS mesh for Sims 4 in Milkshape it would be done already. But using Blender gives me lots of problems.... mainly because I am no good at manipulating a mesh in Blender. (yet)

p.s. I am almost done meshing your Marine Cover. I am meshing the hat insignia - eagle standing on earth/anchor - adding the rope. I wanted to give it a little bit of a 3D effect rather than just paint on a flat surface. I have to get it into a Sims 4 package still so waiting to see if that explodes. I'll send you a pm when that is ready.... provided it does not explode when I import the wavefront it back to Sims4 and reassign the bones and UV.

Leave your message because others may have similar issues and need to know what kind of things to look for. MTS is a learning site, not a mocking site.