Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#26 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 8:42 PM
about Bella; in shipped version, the townie one is in Strangetown. and if I remember correctly, Pleastview's starts in the "Default" household.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 12:05 AM
I haven't, because I would have made all of them Knowledge Sims And that might have been boring.
Inventor
#28 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 3:27 PM Last edited by Sketching : 23rd Jun 2019 at 4:47 PM.
Why am I reviving old threads these days? Should I consider a career as a necromancer?

I haven't actually played the EAxis premades for a long time, unless you count playing some of their great-grand children as still playing them. I'll admit off the bat that I only extensively played with the a few BG premades and changed several of the premades' aspirations based on my Veronaville, which was a makeshift BG-only megahood with the corrupted additions of some Pleasantview and Strangetown sims back when I first started playing TS2 and didn't know any better. Basically, I played them once in a more relaxed manner, trying to explore TS2 and their characters while coping with the hilarious corruption shenanigans, then I replayed them with the intention of establishing a proper story for them (and not corrupting them any further than they were in my first run-through).

In my usual or non-challenge hoods, I typically give aspirations that line up with their personalities, backgrounds, and SWAFs, so I rarely change my custom or born in-game sims' aspirations past teenhood. In the case of premades, however, I had to conjure up some elaborate histories to connect the dots, which was mostly the foundation of the aspiration changes and secondaries. For some, I just looked at a premade's information and thought that they were better suited to another aspiration. Not all of my sims get secondaries, depending on my interpretation of their characters, and I didn't install Freetime for a while either, so several of them never had secondary aspirations. I don't use the FT aspiration perks, so they didn't factor into my decisions.

Interests were important in deciding their aspirations as well; if they weren't interested in work or money, they weren't likely to get Fortune.

Repeating the warning from the my VV thread post: most of what happened next was a result of trying to give the sims a story that appealed and made sense to me, which may not appeal or make sense to anyone.
  • Juliette Capulet - Fortune; it was initially because she was the supposedly the next head of the family, but she grew on me as a Fortune sim, albeit in a different manner from her more serious Fortune relatives.
  • Hermia Capulet - Popularity, mainly due to my interpretation of her Shakespearean source
  • Tybalt Capulet - I seriously considered turning him into Family as he grew older, but he stayed Popularity for story reasons.
  • Miranda Capulet - Knowledge. At first, I just wanted more variety of aspirations, especially in the female Knowledge sim department, and well, her attire gave me the impression of sci-fi-esque fashion at the time. It also helped that she was one of first, if not the actual first, sim I had who was abducted by aliens, and she later autonomously befriended and moved in with the Tricou/Lavoisier vampire clan (see VV post for details), spent a good amount of time hanging out with the ghosts in the graveyard (mainly to escape some of her relatives, parents included), and autonomously maxed out her interests in Paranormal and Sci-Fi, so it stuck.
  • Bianca Montague - Romance/Fortune; I don't remember exactly why, but I think it was because of her interests and I wanted to play her as a seductive yet dangerous mafia boss.
  • Goneril Capulet - added a Family secondary since she was surprisingly attached to her children in my game. The woman seriously never let go of her want to apologize to her estranged oldest daughter after Miranda ran away from home. I interpreted her as someone torn between wanting her children to be financially secure the Capulet way yet also wanting them to be free of the Capulet pressure once and for all.
  • Kent Capulet - Popularity; I vaguely recall it being due to his interests and I came to like it over time, especially since he was fond of throwing parties at his art gallery.
  • Antonio Montague - Family; err, I can't remember why either, but it was most likely for story reasons.
  • Oberon Gossamer - Pleasure/Knowledge, also mainly due to my interpretation of his Shakespearean source; the secondary is considered as curiosity about the simworld more than anything given that he's an otherworldly fae in my game.
  • Titania Summerdream - Family/Popularity, as I saw her as someone who appeared eccentric and laidback but had a surprisingly strong attachment to her family and friends.
  • Angela Pleasant - Knowledge, though I seriously considered giving her a Popularity secondary since she autonomously befriended many more animals than fellow sims and her wants tended to lean that way.
  • Lilith Pleasant - Romance/Popularity; in my game, I interpreted her as someone who unfortunately keeps looking for love in the wrong places. The only person she saw herself being with was Tybalt, but since Tybalt was afraid of what his family would say about their relationship, he never reciprocated her commitment wants and she never really got over him, resulting in a series of short-lived flings and acquaintances.
  • Chloe Curious - Pleasure/Popularity; like, RoxEllen1965, I thought it suited her more than Romance.
  • Dustin Broke - I briefly considered turning him into Family but I liked his obsession with obtaining money to the exclusion of most other facets in his life for dramatic purposes.
  • Lola Curious - added a Knowledge secondary since it seemed to go with her biography and personality
  • Ripp [Grunt] Vandermorgan - Family or Popularity/Pleasure. I never managed to set this in stone in-game since both were equally appealing alternatives to me. He wanted the family he never had growing up, but he was just as happy hanging out with his friends, who were more of his family anyway.
  • Circe Beaker - Knowledge, because I liked the idea of two mad scientists happily being together, even though she and Loki sometimes complained about having to be nice to each other.
  • Vidcund Curious - added a Family secondary, since I headcanoned him as sort of being the grouchy caretaker to his brothers. "Lazlo, I love you, but stop being such a slob!"
  • Lazlo Curious - added a Pleasure secondary due to his personality
  • Erin Beaker - added a Knowledge secondary for the paranormal interest in her biography

Wow, that's kind of a long list, but oh, well.

Edit: Okay, it turns out that I kept this in my drafts for more than half a year. Oops.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 12:05 AM
I am planning to change Angela's aspiration to Family to match her new stay at home mom style, since in this save I made her a teen mom(Not saying that if you are a mom while a teen, you must be a stay home mom. I find really cool when teen moms are able to get full on careers)
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 10:10 PM
As everysim gets a second aspiration in my game, it would be too much to list them all. Being annoyed with all the popularity & knowledge/family-combos causing low chemistry, I changed most of them to keep the couples lovey-dovey as I like it. If they started younger than adult, I changed all of them in college.
So as far as primary aspiration changes on premades go, I made the following (and they kept the old one as the second):

Pleasantview:
Angela Pleasant became a fortune sim because she always striked me as a very ambitious sim and to match her LTW of becoming Poseidon's right hand better.
Dustin Broke switched with her and became popularity, as he seemed to be lonely and in need of friendship; his LTW of becoming the law didn't change.

Strangetown:
Circe Beaker got knowledge, because she seems to share her husbands passion for creepy experiments. And as someone mentioned above, two mad scientists together are somewhat cute in all their madness. :lovestruc

Veronaville:
Juliette got her wish in my game and tamed Romeo into a family sim. He lives now as her trophy husband in Capp Manor and seems happy, as long as they will celebrate their golden anniversary at some point in their life.

Riverblossom Hills:
I broke Patricia Wan and Gabe O'Mackey up and set her up with Andrew Martin. They got both pleasure as their first aspiration as it seems more fitting for both of them.

Desiderata Valley:
Sophia Joque became a family sim. I tried to play Natasha Una in her uniqueness as a grilled cheese sim, I even changed her lover John Mole into one, but it got boring so quickly. They are both married as two popularity sims who threw often parties to celebrate their favourite dish with all of their friends, as they both kept the cheesiness as their second aspiration.

Belladonna Cove:
Isabel & Benjamin Balduin became a fortune & fortune power couple. Ana got popularity like hubby Ramir, and Carlos turned into a Romance sim.

The Ramaswamis got completely new ones after seeing the after life and being resurrected. Sanjay is family/romance now, and Priya knowledge/pleasure. They are still together.

As far as the premades at university go, Aldric Davies became a knowledge sim to be an even stronger contrast to Almeric, and hit it off with Stella Terrano shortly after that. ^^ Roxie Sharpe and Jonah Powers became pleasure sims, as I felt that they just want to have fun. They were both oddly faithful to each other with their old aspiration and I changed both because I wanted to have more pleasure sims. They got against my habbit of keeping the old aspiration as the second also new ones, making her pleasure/fortune and him pleasure/family.

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 2:27 AM
I've changed a few in Riverblossom Hills.

I usually change Andrew Martin to pleasure, since I don't think that Fortune really fits a guy who plays video games and lives with his aunts for a living. Cleo Shikibu usually gets pleasure, while Patricia Wan gets Fortune. I also change Leod McGreggor to Knowledge, since farming is not the way to get wealthy.
Page 2 of 2