Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 8:54 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 24th Jul 2017 at 11:06 PM.
Default Dealing with children who are enemy and who constantly fighting with each other...
Although this thread is focusing on sibling children who constantly fight with eachother, be warned though, If you find topics that make it diffiucult for your sims or have sims die regulary, such as this one a bit difficult to join the conversation (if any), so, PLEASE don't be rude. It's not a Rated topic whatsoever, so don't worry about that though.I added spoilers to make the thread less long, hopefully. Summarizing is NOT my one of my best skills.
ANYWAYS, back to the topic. Fights, is one of game aspects I've been simulated further with, as I playing a medieval style where sims regardless of their age are constantly experience hardships, where a sim can die, even as a child, if they loose the fights too much. I just use the Attack interaction though, nothing severe, along with the Health Meter system in Warwickshire, which I am not sure if many on here are familiare with. Summarized in spoilers for those who are interested:

I won't go into too detail about the system, (even in the spoilers), but if a Sim fights TOO OFTEN, they could eventually loose their life, which is Topic dilemma I recently dealing with my hood. Due to that sims dies in my game, the children's aspiration points drops WAY to easy, making them fight with each other constantly. Once or twice is one thing, but I had sim children who fighted like a dozen times in a row and its get a bit annoying. Even for simmers who do not simulate things like this and play the game more "nicely", it can get a bit annoying when all they do is attacking each-other, right? IF they were adults, you could just move them out, but I am a bit a loss what do when they are children.

So for the MAIN topic: How would you handle Children who constantly fighting each other to the point where it become an annoyance?
Even those who play the safe and nice way, i am pretty sure that automatic annoyance like attacks can occur..

As I play with this health system, I really need to find a solution to stop these children fight with each other and I end up loosing too many sims too early from this.. Realistically, these children are like 5-10 years old in human age. Although, I have arrange some of them for future marriages with a hacked wedding arch, but moving them to their in-law's when they are only kids feels a bit.....awkward, just to keep the kids separated for a while...
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 9:18 PM
in past times playing, dealt with only some shipped version enemies. as far as I recall, only 1 pair were siblings; the Pleasant twins.
had them do a lot of the Apologize social towards each other.

by the way, I seem to recall a similar past thread.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 9:18 PM
I've actually never once seen child sims fighting each other. I wasn't even aware that they could, exactly.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 9:30 PM
I would probably lock/confide them in room per turn. At the dinner table, one child per turn. Simultaniousy, I would try to repair the relationship however I can.
Alchemist
#5 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 9:38 PM
I don't think I've seen kids fight either, but they'll probably annoy and prank and do a bunch of other negative interactions. Anyway, for me separation is key. Keep them apart at all times.

I do know that if you use simlogical's institution sign (which you might use to make a school lot, like I've done before), there's an add-on patch for no fighting. It makes it so there's no fighting on the lot with the sign, either all the time or during set hours. I can't remember which. I used it in my Veronaville school when all the teens would not stop fighting during class (it was madness--Tybalt fought Romeo and Mercutio; Juliette fought Melody Tinker and also Mercutio when Romeo wasn't looking; plus Hermia and Melody also had a feud. I think only Puck and Miranda didn't have a fight with anyone).

Aside from that, the best way to stop the fighting is to get them to improve their relationships--and if you're like me and you want that to happen naturally, it's best to have kids do group activities together. Have them eat together, play chess or use the activity table together, etc. Even watching tv/movies together and playing games together will get them talking and eventually that will bring up their relationships, unless you have mods installed.

ETA: If you want to improve relationships, definitely make everyone eat together. Sims chat while they eat!

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 9:47 PM
Mdsb759:
Well, I only play one hood and I tends to start topics when a dilemma or an idea, I haven't seen much occur, they tends to overlaps in topic. Maybe thats why they sounds the same? I.e dealing with children with vampire children, in the wild (no roof) or in this case, sibling fights are some I started. I did forget searching the previous thread before starting it, but a quick search, it was mostly threads I saw where the kids were upset their parents were fighting or at another website.

Rosawyn:
I think mean sims easily end up fighting each other easily even if they are children, as well as being red in aspiration. I do have many suppressing mods, so I am not sure if that's affects it. I.e. no social worker, when a child is in a depression failure. and I use a Religion mod where only Evil (grouchy) sims may start fighting. Those children I remember fighting had their aspiration in red and both grouchy and did it on free will. I think they poked each other, fight, poke - repeat - for like five times in a row.

I was a bit surprised myself, as generally, I mostly have sims fighting when they got cheated before or those I flagged as enemies (i.e. vampires and werewolves. I set the founders as -100/100 and enemies) and I love adding new mods to spice up the game further.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 9:54 PM
If the goal is to have fewer sibling enemies, directing older children to perform interactions like "play with" on toddler toys will raise their relationship quickly to the point that positive interactions like peek-a-boo and family kisses are available. Direct them to perform these when the opportunity arises, they'll already be friends when the toddler grows to child, and it will be easier to make them BFFs and playmates.

If you have two children who already have low relationships, you can force them to do things together that don't permit fighting. I don't know what is allowed to various families in your hood, but in my game I would use chess, the activity table, watching TV, eating dinner, playing with the dollhouse, and so on. If you can't keep them separated when not doing such things, make sure at least one of them is busy enough to let negative actions from the other time out.

If you don't want to micromanage them, try to eliminate things they'll autonomously do that are not group activities, and make those group activity items as desirable as possible, by having only one of them available at a time.

If the children are in constant aspiration failure/tanked fun they'll be a lot crankier and less likely to get along, so finding fun things they can do together which fit your rules and setting should be a high priority in your CC hunt.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 10:07 PM
For objects and such I don't have any specific rules - well, unless its a servant or criminal family who is forced to live with the minimum, probably wouldn't have the most expensive stuff. Most of these sims families do live in agricultural environments in farming houses, howels, etcs, so usually most founder familiar's children only start out with a box of toys as they don't afford it.

Normally, I focusing on the adults-teens and let the kids do whatever they please. HAH! Mainly because they are not affected by ACR2, which I've to micro-manage.

(PS: For once, my sims families finally live in actual houses...and played for a few days at the very least. Before everyone lived in empty lots and using cheats to age them up etc. Now its got better but notice the relationship/motives got more attention than I used to)

I think this topic can involve teens as well (like the pre made's Pleasants mentioned), but having inteen or moveout hacks, it easiler to solve the dilemma quicker (my teens are allowed to become independent the day they start having a romance )
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 10:34 PM
Everything Peni says Also, let the children play peek-a-boo with the toddlers where possible.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#10 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 11:00 PM Last edited by Simonut : 25th Jul 2017 at 11:14 PM.
I got so sick of the Pleasant teen twins fighting like cats & dogs I could not take it anymore so as time pass I use creator Numenor Baby Mod ( lost & found )
to make them like each other. Here http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=91161 it also have other useful options. It was introduce with NL but I have all Eps leading up to Seasons it work fine.
Not sure if the mod work after Seasons Eps.

Note : Also if the Sims household with kids have an older / elder Sims like "grandparents" living with them the fighting kids will listen to the grandparents first before listening to their parents ( lecture )
to stop fighting and be friend. I have had that happen as well.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 11:12 PM
I wish I could get sim kids to fight, I think I saw the fight interaction once some years ago. My kids are all friends or BFF's, like before childhood even. If you want them to be friends just slap down an activity table, that's all. Sometimes i wish it built friendships a bit slower but what can I do I love that it gives them mechanical skill.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 11:18 PM
When I started to play the Caliente sisters in Pleasantview, I got them onto very good terms with each other just by sitting them down together on the sofa in their house and letting them chat. If they're so poor that they can't afford a sofa ( ) then I'd send them to a community lot and let them sit on a park bench instead. There might even be a free-to-use chess table in the park.

Another trick that I used with the Pleasant sisters, was to invite Lilith to visit her grandparents (the Oldies) and while she was there, I made her controllable, and got her to 'phone Angela. Sims can't poke each other over the 'phone!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 11:21 PM
Andrew in your case just place the doll house as the children's toy, it's actually quite hard to make children be enemies.

Teens are a different matter. But hang out is about the best you can do.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If the goal is to have fewer sibling enemies, directing older children to perform interactions like "play with" on toddler toys will raise their relationship quickly to the point that positive interactions like peek-a-boo and family kisses are available. Direct them to perform these when the opportunity arises, they'll already be friends when the toddler grows to child, and it will be easier to make them BFFs and playmates.

If you have two children who already have low relationships, you can force them to do things together that don't permit fighting. I don't know what is allowed to various families in your hood, but in my game I would use chess, the activity table, watching TV, eating dinner, playing with the dollhouse, and so on. If you can't keep them separated when not doing such things, make sure at least one of them is busy enough to let negative actions from the other time out.

If you don't want to micromanage them, try to eliminate things they'll autonomously do that are not group activities, and make those group activity items as desirable as possible, by having only one of them available at a time.

If the children are in constant aspiration failure/tanked fun they'll be a lot crankier and less likely to get along, so finding fun things they can do together which fit your rules and setting should be a high priority in your CC hunt.

Pretty much my exact thoughs on it, but avoided to post it because my english is bad.

You could have those kids play marco polo or kicky ball together with the one both of them are not enemies with. Keeping those away from each other time outs, or out of their vicinity (i.e. in the same room) should reduce the chance of conflict. Though you would have micromanage cancellation of the queue to prevent them from killing each other if automony is not disabled.

Enrolling one of the siblings to private school (if the rules of the challenge OP is playing permitts headmaster scenario) while keeping the other to use the normal school would help out a litttle, because their school time different - having one of the two stay longer at school, thus keeping the children at bay while their aren't in their breathing distance.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 12:09 AM
Guess I will give them a few better toys/fun objects to use. Usually they do those interaction games (kicky karts? I dont remember what any of them are called... ) on their free will as they live in 2x1 or less lots with limited place for toys and a few hundred $$$ to live on. Normally, when a "bad" situation occur, I panic and just cheat it through, such as playing ahead (such as moving them into their future in-laws,which is a non-traditional marriage type) or adjust their relationship with sim blender. Still a newbie with getting familiar to unpredictable challenges (although I only play Warwick vaguely ).

I've barely played the families seriously, just set up with house, age, skills and some relationships, but noticed that the kids were in a bad relationship would start poking each-other when entering the lot. They were created as CAS children so the relationships should be too high, as I find born in game children become friends too easy with their siblings and family otherwise.

The family I went through were "Outcasts", occult's or criminals who are hated by the society, so no school for these two. Fortunately, this is a rather small family consist of parents and two children and micromanage four sims shouldn't be too hard. :P
Mad Poster
#16 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 12:20 AM
I can't even keep adults enemies in my game (the ex-husband autonomously apologized to the his ex-wife while he was over visiting with their daughter!). So I'd be darned if I ever managed to get a couple of children to dislike each other!

I've never seen a child in red aspiration, so I guess that's probably a bit part of why I never see this. That and the fact that while I do play with free will on, I (almost) never let sims I'm controlling do anything on their own...
Scholar
#17 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 12:53 AM
Gee, my kids become friends as toddlers...

What am I doing wrong????

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#18 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 12:55 AM Last edited by Annaminna : 25th Jul 2017 at 10:56 AM.
I am that lazy player who lets their sims do what they choose. If things on some lots are going like OP described I will put in this mod http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=7305 and let things calm down for a while. When their relationships are improved enough I can take out it again(or not take out, it depends of my mood).

Edited: This mod doesn't stop cow in uni, she still starts fights with good mascots and irritates my students.
But I think it is good for OP, she can take over control of bad socials and make sims fight when she want.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 3:57 AM
I actually don't think I've ever had siblings be enemies, except for the time there were quad boys and #4 stole #1's girlfriend while they were teens. They're grown now and he's still pissed. :D
Scholar
#20 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 2:23 PM
I had an orphanage once, and had big problems with a few of the girls (child stage) that were constantly fighting and then everyone would drop what was in their queue to watch...It got incredibly tedious!

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#21 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 5:08 PM
I just let them fight. Kelsey and Sharryl Hick fought every day of their child- and teenhood. They're lifelong enemies.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#22 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 5:21 PM
Sometimes I use Pescado's Macrotastics to make Sims do positive socials at least to the level where they stop beating each other up. It's useful because they won't start slapping each other if you look away for one second.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#23 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 7:03 PM
I love those tiny lots, much more of a challenge than Maxis. Often my sims even use the street, since maids and such aren't used, the other side can be their playground. The lot across the street has 2-3 tile lengths which can hold a telescope, monkey bars or anything else that won't fit on the house lot. They also stay there once the game is saved. I've even had a few good size weddings in the street. Playing in the street was easy when I was a kid, now now so much. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 8:34 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 25th Jul 2017 at 10:46 PM.
I often use the edges of an street with "move objects on " to add garden plots and trees to save place and sometimes adding benches as well . Many of my sims who lives on tiny sims seems to favor knowledge aspiration (which is randomized) when they grow up to teen, so adding a telescope (medieval-ized in my case) might make sense.

On the other hand, as I often incorporate realism, so I am a bit hesitant adding other things there as I picture children would less careful and get hit easily (even though I live on the country side, one of my cats died from getting hit by a car recently ). CC Cars (Carts) Accidents does occur via a random-occurrence list I'm using, though.
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 8:39 PM
You should create an option for parents to spank their kids if they are in a fight and then force both kids invloved to apologize to each other. This in turn will slightly remedy the relationship between the two kids
Page 1 of 2