Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 7:22 AM Last edited by daisylee : 2nd Aug 2017 at 8:26 AM.
Default New World - need some opinions please
I am darn near done with a world! I have used rabbithole rugs and a RH door in this world. As I use packages, they do not pack with the world. Am I better off to go back and replace all that I can with sims3packs that will export with the world, I hope, or should I just let folks know I used them and if wanted they will need to get them on their own and place them? Or do their own basements with RH?

If I need to convert to sims3packs, does anyone have the Misty Movie Studio and observatory items in sims3packs and Leroy Sailboat2masts? The RH items and sailboat are the only CC I have used in this world. Want to keep it simple for folks.

Also, there are the zillion gnubbs in the global layer. Does this need to be cleared or will they not be a problem?

And is there anyone who might want to test this a bit for me to see if a different set of eyes see things I have missed?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 8:37 AM
With this little (and very specific) custom content in my opinion it's ok to leave it as is. Misty doesn't allow to pack her RH replacements anyway (but maybe you got a permission from her).
And the RH rugs/door are either still available or (afaik) allowed to include in your download, so that you can offer them as separate packages with your world.

Global Layer - as long as the world is not populated or uses tomb functionality outside of lots I'd advise to clean it. If you did you world from scratch and did not edit a premade one this is fairly simple. There is a tutorial by Simsample here at MTS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=473791

If it's not urgent I can test.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 9:13 AM
Thanks for the reply. I am super tired now and will check about the global layer later. And I may contact you later to see if you want to look at it.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 9:30 AM
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 6:48 PM
Also, aren't worlds that use houseboats storing info on the global layer? I think I remember someone mentioning that, but I don't have IP to check.
Scholar
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 2:08 AM
simsample's right, anytime that I cleaned the global layer in my worlds/neighborhoods it removed all the boat vehicles from lots (not houseboats). If you only have a few on lots, it's not a big deal to replace them although it will add a few things back into the global layer because you have to edit the lots to replace the boats. Worth it to me to not have all those things in the global layer. I always think it's better to package CC separate from the world. That avoids some potential problems and lets folks choose whether or not they want the custom content. I'd be happy to test your world without custom content - if workable - as I don't have any 3rd party CC in my game.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 2:25 AM
I have about 4 houseboats in the world. And there are about a dozen lots with boats I would guess. Let me send you a PM. Simmy.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 1:09 PM
I think I solved the RH issue. I did a 64x64 ages ago with most of the RH in the basement. I added a new island and added that lot. I will nuke the basement in my game, but others can choose to use it or use rugs.
Scholar
#9 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I have about 4 houseboats in the world. And there are about a dozen lots with boats I would guess. Let me send you a PM. Simmy.

Sorry if I wasn't very clear. Your houseboats should be fine, I think, although you may have to replace them back onto the shell/hull and re-CAS the hull if you changed it. (Be sure to save them to the bin before you clean the global layer.) But, any vehicle boats on lots will disappear and have to be replaced. Got your PM. Thanks!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 9:14 AM
I am back from being out of town a few days and will get back on this during the next week. I think I will put all houses with boats in the bin too. And maybe copy some fave boat recolors.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 5:34 PM
Hi, finally had some time to look at the caw files. Nice work! Here are my findings:
  • Roads look good to me
  • placement of spawners looks good too, with only minor issues
Routing: could need some more work. I'll show some examples but I strongly recommend to have a thorough look at it again, there are quite a few areas where you have unconnected dots or long, single lines of dots.

If you need some tips on how to improve routing, I made a quick overview over some of CAW's maybe not so well-known features here on my tumblr.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 11:42 PM
Thank you sooooooooooo much. Let me look it over again and then if OK I may send it back to you for another look. The tute looks great and I will use some of those methods. Back to the drawing board again.
Scholar
#13 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 5:43 PM
Love the waterfalls! I sent you an email with some things I've noticed so far. I'll send more as I go along. Thank you for letting me test your beautiful world for you. Vincent T. is death on routing. She'll be a big help to you, I'm sure, as she was to me for Simburbia.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
Love the waterfalls! I sent you an email with some things I've noticed so far. I'll send more as I go along. Thank you for letting me test your beautiful world for you. Vincent T. is death on routing. She'll be a big help to you, I'm sure, as she was to me for Simburbia.

I really appreciate all the help from all of you.

Have a new problem. See tree problem thread.