Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 8:09 AM
Default What LTW would you like to have in the game?
So Nopke made a download that nixes the Pet LTW's. I asked if these could be replaced with other wants and this is what she said:

Quote: Originally posted by Nopke
It is possible. I think the most difficult part of replacing lifetime wants is designing new (and sensible) lifetime wants, though.

:shock:

If this is really possible, what LTW would you like to see in the game?

Raise 3 alien babies? Reach top of custom career? Something else?

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 9:25 AM
This is harder than I thought it would be I do have one, though, and perhaps I will think of more.

Throw 30 roof raiser parties - my social sims could (and would probably love to try) perhaps get there; and it will actually be fun.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 9:47 AM
Have 5 golden badges - for fortune or crafting sims.
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 10:37 AM
Turn 50 Sims into werewolves I distinctly remember having my first in-game werewolf in Riverblossom Hills. He turned his lover, Patricia Wan, and then he and his wife were responsible for a rampant lycanthropy epidemic in the hitherto peaceful rural area.
Theorist
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 10:38 AM
Definitely would want the "Raise Alien Babies" LTW. Though I'd make it 5, with summon aliens and all, it's not as difficult to get abducted as it was in the base game. Also Custom Careers, I found LTW for the UNI careers online, so might it be possible to make them for custom careers as well?

Have 20 Simultaneous Supernatural Best Friends? Be a Vampire/Plantsim/Witch/Werewolf at the same time? Be Best Friends with 10 Servos at the same time? Not sure if the last two are "LTW" level...

Die and Be Brought Back 5 times?

Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna

^This. Also with "crafting" Sims do you mean that unfinished aspiration from the Open for Business code?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 10:42 AM
I love the ideas already mentioned. I wonder if it could be rigged to give credit for reaching the top of a custom career?

Quote: Originally posted by Scathed
Turn 50 Sims into werewolves I distinctly remember having my first in-game werewolf in Riverblossom Hills. He turned his lover, Patricia Wan, and then he and his wife were responsible for a rampant lycanthropy epidemic in the hitherto peaceful rural area.

I have never been able to turn a Sim into a werewolf. I have to admit that I've not tried hard, unless the Sim had a wish to do so. But still ... it's a lot harder than it looks.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna

I can also see this working as a nice LTW for knowledge sims. It's a more practical kind of learning, but it's still learning!

ETA: for stay-at-home artists/writers, I'd like to see "sell X masterpieces" / "write Y bestsellers" LTWs. Not sure what suitable numbers for those would be, though.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 11:14 AM
I guess the first supernatural is always hard, like befriending the wolf/vampire/witch and the wolf is hardest because pets can't be called. But this would be a playable sims who is a werewolf and wants to turn 50 sims, which is way easier I'd make it 20 though, my sims never know so many people and 20 seems to be the number most LTWs go for.

How about "become immortal" for a knowledge sim? They'd have to become one of the immortal supernaturals. They could also wish for immortal kids.
Maybe also "have 3 kids reach top of career" for family/knowledge sims?
I like the "roofraiser party" idea for popularity sims.
"visit all holiday locations and find all secret locations" for maybe pleasure sims? Although that one seems too easy. But I'd like something about holidays, like some real life people have the goal to visit every country.
"get xx craft gold badges" and "get xx business gold badges" for fortune sims

In general, I'd like more LTWs that are not career based. Custom careers could be complicated because there are just so many of them.
Scholar
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 11:15 AM
I think I'd like some LTWs that are focused on a less modern society - so some more 'basic' things like graduate university, have five children make it to adulthood, sell x number of masterpieces, get x badges (this could probably piggyback off the code that determines who can become a manager - bronze badges worth 1 point, silver 2 points, gold 3 points which means you could ask for something like 8, 12, or 15 points and it be made up from all the badge values rather than solely gold).
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enebya
"visit all holiday locations and find all secret locations" for maybe pleasure sims? Although that one seems too easy. But I'd like something about holidays, like some real life people have the goal to visit every country.

Maybe one to get all the special vacation mementos? That would by necessity include visiting all the locations & finding all the secret lots, but would also require other vacation activities to be completed too!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enebya
I guess the first supernatural is always hard, like befriending the wolf/vampire/witch and the wolf is hardest because pets can't be called. But this would be a playable sims who is a werewolf and wants to turn 50 sims, which is way easier I'd make it 20 though, my sims never know so many people and 20 seems to be the number most LTWs go for.

How about "become immortal" for a knowledge sim? They'd have to become one of the immortal supernaturals. They could also wish for immortal kids.
Maybe also "have 3 kids reach top of career" for family/knowledge sims?
I like the "roofraiser party" idea for popularity sims.
"get xx craft gold badges" and "get xx business gold badges" for fortune sims

In general, I'd like more LTWs that are not career based. Custom careers could be complicated because there are just so many of them.

Well, the custom career one just be one wish couldn't it? I don't know anything about coding so maybe that was stupid. But, could it? I love all your suggestions and pretty much all of these here.

When you have a werewolf, how does he change other sims? Do they become part of his pack? I'm adding heavy supernatural elements to my games. I have zombies killing others but don't know how one zombie can make another one. My vampires are working fine, though. I've added fairies, which interact with genies to grant wishes. I have gypsies who focus on romance and baby gifts. I'm trying to figure out how to add elves and what power to give them. But my werewolves just walk around howling. I need something for them to do.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#12 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
^This. Also with "crafting" Sims do you mean that unfinished aspiration from the Open for Business code?

No, I mean sims with arts and crafts hobby.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 3:37 PM
In SimPE there can be found traces of "removed" Lifetime Wants. Some of them are the pets lifetime wants but with different numbers, some are the lifetime wants for reaching the top level of the University careers and two others are related to children (Source).

I find the pet lifetime wants obsolete since we already have the ones in-game.

The career lifetime wants related to the University careers was available in a University (but below Nightlife) game, for some reason they were removed. They can be re-added with Pescado's hack (uni_ltws_sns).

However it would be nice to have the two other ones re-added.

Some other lifetime wants that would be nice to have is for example "Have 20 best friends" or "Have 20 enemies".
Mad Poster
#14 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 3:56 PM
"Marry Off 6 Children" will serve as the first of those kid ones if you install the same-sex marriage hacks.

Six children abducted by aliens would either be out of the player's control without cheating, or demand that the sim have 6 Knowledge children, which would be way too little variety for me, outside perhaps of a single family.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 4:25 PM
Hopeless Romantic, instead of all the ones for any sims make all of them towards spouse. IE: Woohoo with spouse 3 times, 5 times 10 times and so on.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 4:38 PM
I'd like to see just a general, "reach top of career" LTW. No career specfied, any career will work. I hate it when I have a Sim that I want to go into a certain career track, but their LTW is for another one. XD
Mad Poster
#17 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 4:54 PM
That's a very good suggestion.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#18 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 5:02 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the "Have 10 kids" want turned into a LTW for family Sims.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#19 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 5:12 PM
Squinge also has a hack to re-add the LTWs. Let me see if I can find a link.

EDIT: Here. It was Photofucketed, but I use it myself and can vouch it works. http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,91609.0.html

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#20 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 5:17 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 3rd Aug 2017 at 5:37 PM.
Are you saying you also have Phaenoh's revamp major mod and Squinge and that it works along great?
Seems like they do work...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#21 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 5:19 PM
Oh, I meant that it works in regular. Not sure if it would work with Phaenoh's mod - though, as it doesn't touch as much as Pescado's mods, I don't see there being much conflicts. I'll grab it and check.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 5:26 PM
Well I dropped it in and did an HCDU scan. No conflicts between Squinge's mod and Phaenoh's that I see. Doesn't guarantee they'll play nice together, but it's worth a try anyways.

Mad Poster
#23 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 5:36 PM
Oh..sorry about that! I have majors memories from another mod it seems...now i must find what it comes from. As I just have them listed loose.
I'll edit my previous post.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#24 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prah
Some other lifetime wants that would be nice to have is for example "Have 20 best friends"
That is a Maxis LTW! At least, it is in my game. Horace Hunt, who lives near the river in Baldrair Bluffs wants to have 20 simultaneous best friends. I have a mod by Squinge that lets any Sim have any LTW, and Horace is Romance with a big appetite, so I suspect he'll take most of his 20 friends to bed.
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
I wonder if it could be rigged to give credit for reaching the top of a custom career?
That would be good! Personally, if a Sim reaches the top of a custom career, and has any career LTW. I manually fulfil their LTW and make them permaplat. Or, at least, I shall make them permaplat, if and when any Sim does reach the top of a custom career. Such things are very slow in my game -- not because I use harder grades or anything nasty like that; it's just because they have other priorities, and very, very few of them really want to sit at home studying just to get their next promotion.
Quote: Originally posted by Katya Stevens
I think I'd like some LTWs that are focused on a less modern society - so some more 'basic' things like graduate university
Not necessarily all that much less modern! Even when I went to university in the 1980s, it was still something a bit special that most people didn't do. I find it hard to get used to this idea that everyone should go. After much prevarication, I only installed University in my game earlier this year, and I'm still not sure how to take it. Even if I don't make graduating an LTW for every student, I might still consider granting permaplat status to those who graduate summa cum laude. That will no doubt include Andrew, who assures me he'll give university his best shot (and I know he will!). Trying to fulfil Sims wants can be a bit restricting, so it would be nice to have some whom I can just play by my feeling for their personality. During his teenage years Andrew has sometimes been very hard to please. But I'll just leave his "official" LTW as Mad Scientist, because it suits him so well. Julian says he's half way there already.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Alchemist
#25 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 8:14 PM
about Gold badges; that I think would be more reasonable for Knowledge than for Fortune.
about the University careers; the "re-adding" of those LTWs I consider to be a mod and not a hack. hack to me would be something you place on a lot.
about WooHoo (or any romantic social); I take only the first per sim/character gets the memory. NPCs I take to be the only exception for WooHoo; once while character is NPC and once while character is playable. not sure if the game keeps track after those.
Page 1 of 3