Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 2:58 PM Last edited by PharaohHound : 19th Aug 2017 at 8:14 PM.
Default MTS Movie Night #2

Hello, MTSers! Grab your miniature tombs, your embalming kit (please dont actually use it!), make a bucket of popcorn, and join us for our second MTS Movie Night!

Next weekend we're hosting a live movie watching party in our Discord text chat server. We're hoping this will be a great chance for everyone to meet new people, get to know our chat system (if it's your first time), and also watch some really fun movies. After much discussion among the staff, we've decided on an ancient Egypt double feature.

The movies

The Mummy (1999)
Archaeology! Sand! Ancient starships buried in the sand! Wait, wrong game.... Ancient cities, buried in the sand! Camel races! Rachel Weiss! More sand! Set in Egypt this "ripping yarn" adventure follows Rick O'Connell and Evelyn Carnahan as they battle more sand! a rival gang of archaeologists, knock over some bookshelves, and uncover a threat far more terrifying than sorting artifacts or getting drunk in jail!

The Mummy Returns (2001)
So, wait, they killed him right? Ahaha no, you might *think* that but.... he's baack! And he's all out of ancient egyptian bubblegum, so now he's here to kick some ass. We witness the return of Rick and Evelyn, and their 8 year old son Alex, as they battle not just Imhotep, but the Scorpion King too. Join us for the epic conclusion to the Mummy series!

Where & When

Saturday, August 19th
The Mummy 115 minutes long - 5 PM UTC / 7 PM CEST / 1 PM EDT | Time Zone Converter
The Mummy Returns 130 minutes long - 11 PM UTC / 12 AM CEST 1 AM CEST (August 20th) / 7 PM EDT (August 19th) | Time Zone Converter

The chatting will take place in our Discord server, which you can join here. On the day of the watch party we will create a "Movie Night" channel dedicated to this event, so make sure to choose it from the Text Channel options.

How it works

First thing's first: Everyone needs to find their own copy of the movies. Due to legal reasons, we cannot offer to stream the movies. These movies are not available on Netflix so you'll have to track down a DVD or dig in your library for them.

We'll be getting everyone synced up by doing a text countdown in chat. For this reason, please show up at least a few minutes early, to ensure we all start at the same time. If you arrive after we've started, you'll have to figure out the sync for yourself.

Wait, this isn't the 2017 one right?

You mean the one with Tom Cruise? No. That one doesn't exist. Nor does the 3rd one. Because reasons. There is only *2* Mummy movies, ok?!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
2 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Tartan McBadgerface
#2 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 8:58 PM
I didn't even realise that there was a 2017 one...now that you've mentioned it, I don't think that I wanted to 🤣

I should be there for at least one of them.
Helptato
#3 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 9:04 PM
Ooh I've never seen the Mummy movies so this will be interesting!

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 1:21 PM
What an adorable idea!
Icy Spicy
#5 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 10:16 PM
yay! I am going to see The Mummy for the 101 th time (and be very happy about it too)
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 3:05 AM
Have all 3 (I only have "The Scorpion King" because it's a collector set and I'm not bothering with the remake). I can't join for "The Mummy" because I'll be working.
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 3:39 PM
I work Saturdays and won't be home in time to participate. Otherwise I would. I love these movies! Maybe I'll just watch them on my own.
Space Pony
#8 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 6:52 AM
YES!
This time I can watch one of em but I don't think that I could stay awake till 6 am for the other
The good thing is that I've never seen any of these movies haha:D
Instructor
#9 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 9:19 PM
Quote:
There is only *2* Mummy movies, ok?!

Well there is the 2008 movie -- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (which stars the same Rick O'Connell/Brendan Fraser)
So I guess you can say that there is *3* Mummy movies...

All TS2 Downloads Link
All TS3 Downloads: Link
All Other downloads: Link
Skyrim SKSE 1.6.x gamepad key support: Link
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#10 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 9:11 PM Last edited by porkypine : 18th Aug 2017 at 9:29 PM.
lol... Well, I saw this too late to order the movie. I might peek in for the chaos anyway, if I am online.

BOO
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Digitalchaos
Well there is the 2008 movie -- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (which stars the same Rick O'Connell/Brendan Fraser)
So I guess you can say that there is *3* Mummy movies...

well , yeah that one exist but cant be counted in with the 2 first movies it just made it worse not only did they switch out the mom but the whole movie was soo boring and didnt reach up to the same hights as the other 2
Rubric Wrangler
#12 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 8:12 PM
Thanks everyone who joined for The Mummy! Just posting a quick update, the time zone conversion for CEST went a bit awry in the first post. The Mummy Returns starts at 1 AM CEST. Hope to see some of you there!

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 5:55 PM
What about some person from these movies? In Sims 2)))
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 8:23 PM
I own both on VHS XD Love the Mummy movies! To bad I missed it!
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 7:41 PM
Aw, man! I wish I saw this message sooner. My sister and I were just talking about this movie! Unfortunately I was in another state visiting family who don't have Wifi. That would have been super fun! Netflix doesn't have it? They should definitely get on that. Hopefully there will be another Movie Night where I can join in. Or some other event.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 12:52 AM
Will definitely participate in one of these when there's movies I like.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 11:29 AM
I missed this. Seems fun, I'll try to catch the next one.

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 11:26 AM
We don't talk about the 2008 one or the 2017 one.
Those two never existed and if we are forced to believe they to exist, just think of it being on different universe.

That usually helps