Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
just a girl
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 7:59 PM Last edited by Lamare : 16th Oct 2017 at 6:39 PM.
Default Assorted mods: move out, jobs, marriage
Part 1 (maternity) of young adults' liberation project is finished. Thank you, guys, for your feedback.

Currently making parts 2 and 3 - jobs and marriage. Testing files are in post #29.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 8:09 PM
1. Yes, I think it would be convenient. No user directed needed as Walk to school needs, so the bus comes up..and the child embarks. Just like Residential lots. More choices.
2. I do not see this as necessary, and would personally not use it. Who would adopt and be stuck with a child in college? Accidents happens (pregnancy) but you generally won't run after trouble..
Of course, if rolling wants to adopt is enabled for YA, then adopt must be available as well.
3. Inteen has residential graduates. This addon/module allows anyone to live on campus. I do not remember if aging is on though, but i would gladly accept an overprotective parent aging while in UNI Hood. It would be more life-like.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 8:34 PM
I think your project is great! I don't use InTeen, but I do use ACR. If they are compatible, I'd certainly download yours.

1) I think a bus is a good idea so forgetful players (like me) don't have to remember to click "walk to the school" at the appropriate time.
2) No to adoption while in college. What agency in it's right mind would adopt a child out to college students living on a college campus?
3) No. Overprotective parents visit, send money, ask prying questions of their children and their children's friends, but they don't move onto the college campus with their college-age kids. That would be too weird. The only non-child, non-college students should be spouses. Are young adults able to marry or just have kids?

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 8:37 PM
SIMelissa and I have the same idea about number one, and for the same reason apparently!

just a girl
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 8:55 PM
Thank you both!
Good points about the bus and adoption. I agree, adoption agency probably wouldn't be too eager to give away a child to a college student living on campus, but I don't know much about adoption IRL.
I don't want to make too many separate versions, but if the votes differ significantly, I'll consider separating at least some features.

As for aging rules, it occurred to me that time scale is different in college, normally by 6 times (6 days a year on campus vs. about 1 day a year at home). Moreover, people use mods to alter semester duration. So to adjust aging to it would be a good idea, right? I don't know, how am I going to implement it, though. The easy way is to offer people different versions with "aging each N days".
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
1. I didn't do school bus. Should I?
2. Should I allow adoption services in college?
3. Should I allow other age groups on campus and having them being able to age there? Like to have an overprotective parent move in with a student? In this case I won't stop aging for kids, just scale it.

I wouldn't do school bus. While I do think that would be appreciated by many, you are going to get a ton of conflicts. Or if you want to include it, i would make one version without school bus so that people who prioritize conflicting mods of theirs can use that version instead.

2. Yes I'd say so. If people can produce kids, then why shouldn't infertile couples be able to adopt?
3. If it's not too much trouble for you, then yes I would. That way people can play whatever setup they may want to. If it's complicated and would create lots of extra work, I'd say maybe skip it for now and see how many people wish for it.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
just a girl
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 11:36 PM
Ah, conflicts. Right. Thanks, gummi. I guess, it's gonna be a lot of versions or mix'n'match kit consisting of separate files.

Currently testing in dorms and it works. Although, random room gets cleared out once new family member arrives, but I can probably live with that. Now a dorm with a parenting room will be certainly useful! One can set it up as a place for young mothers that have no money to rent a house.

Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
Are young adults able to marry or just have kids?

They aren't able to marry, but I plan on enabling marriage (possibly in a separate mod/file). I'm already testing enabled wants. Currently playing a couple of students with two kids. Father wants to marry someone rich, aparently NOT the mother of his children, lol.
Theorist
#8 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 11:50 PM
Others pretty much listed what I would have said.

I do have a question, will this mod only work for young adults in a uni neighborhood? Only ask as I do not play/send sims to college via the uni hoods. All of my young adults attend college in the main neighborhood via Squinge's Mega College Pack mod.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
just a girl
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 12:07 AM
Thank you for stopping by.
As far as I know, technically, young adults are not defined by the 'hood they live in, they are defined by spesific sims' data that flags them as young adults. So the 'hood doesn't matter.
I don't know, how Squinge's mod works, though. There might be other concerns.
Theorist
#10 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 10:22 PM
Well, when your mod comes out, I will just test it out along with Squinge's mod and see how things go.

If you wanted to take a look at what it does (description and such), you can find it at http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,96190.0.html.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Theorist
#11 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 1:18 PM
As for story lines, there are people who end up having to raise younger children when parents, friends or other relatives die and leave the person as caretaker in raising their child. For my sims, they only live in a playable (sims from back home) Greek house or in their own place, so having un-controlled sims wouldn't be a problem. Most often these are relatives or childhood friends all living in the same place during college. Asking a sim to move in does work, I've done it before with a teen brother of a YA (teen did not age), so a child could be asked to move in if parents/parent should die, the problem would be if toddlers were in said family. Maybe this could be added as an option, since some would not want to have adoptions. Walk to school would be great, unless players don't have that EP.

Loving all the mods from MTS that extend more options to our sims! (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
just a girl
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 3:28 AM
Default Testing maternity mods
PenelopeT, interesting mod, thank you. I haven't tested it yet, but I did test young adults in main hood for a while (aged them up with SimBlender).
Duine, thanks! I'm not sure I follow, though. Do you mean an option to move in toddlers alone with uni household?

So, it's ready to be tested. I ended up making separate files and a bundle.
Me, I've tested in dorms, frats and residencies on campus + in main hood. All seems to be fine, so far.
Some files are AL or M&G only. I'll consider making FT or BV compatible versions, if anyone needs them!

It's all here under a button:

Mad Poster
#13 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 4:07 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 17th Aug 2017 at 6:41 AM.
Will YA be able to get a part-time job while in UNI?
Oh...does it work for alien abduction as well? (male pregnancy)
Sorry for questions..I know you already worked so hard on this.

Theorist
#14 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 4:35 AM
Thanks, I'm really looking forward to testing this out. Downloaded the YA-pregnancy-anyplayable-AL version - will try and test it thoroughly with my game configuration and report back by the weekend.

just a girl
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 4:51 PM
Rosebine,
"Will YA be able to get a part-time job while in UNI?"
- No. This is about maternity here. I'll work on jobs and marriages later; I want them too. I actually plan to give a choice between part-time and full-time, because why not. But I'll need to test, whether sims retain their jobs when they age up, and how to handle them. Also I want to figure out a convenient way to see job info without seeing job panel. Lotsa details to work on.
"Oh...does it work for alien abduction as well? (male pregnancy)"
- Very good question! Thank you. I'll have to test that. I forgot there are male-mothers as well, lol.

PenelopeT, thanks. Happy sim-baby-making

TODO: stargazing at Uni
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 7:38 PM
Right!...sorry. I guess I'm just way too excited about being able to ditch Inteen...lol
I don't play alien much, but one of my first abductee was a male YA, working in Paranormal..at UNI. I got carried away!
Thank you.

Theorist
#17 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 9:47 PM Last edited by PenelopeT : 20th Aug 2017 at 11:21 PM.
I'm back after doing some extensive testing this weekend. Played 3 households for a full sim week each - young adults in 2 of the households rolled wants to have a baby after a few days of playing (they were both Family sims), but neither were able to get pregnant during the YA span. In the other household, I ended up forcing a pregnancy by having the sim 'Try for a baby' several times throughout the week - she did eventually get pregnant, and rolled a want to have a baby after the second bump. She gave birth just after coming back from taking a final exam. The baby was born without issue, and the mom was even able to autonomously breast feed (obviously due to a mod) just fine too.

Meanwhile, I was so busy testing things out, that I forgot to enable birth control for the rest of the female sims in these households, and a teen and two other adult females became pregnant via trying autonomously. ACR2 and/or JSW bouquet were the culprits - not sure which one as I was not paying much attention to sims that were not test subjects.

All in all, I liked that the young adults were able to roll a want to have a baby. However, none of them got pregnant (without a lot of interference), or chose to 'Try for a baby' during the many times they autonomously chose to Woohoo with their partners and/or roommates...which was a little disappointing.

Either way, I do like the concept of this mod, as it was nice being able to lock in the baby want during that age span. One of the Family sims went on to get married and have a baby after she graduated. So, her want was eventually satisfied.

Lastly, all of this testing was done in the main neighborhood, and the HCDU did pick up one conflict with this mod.

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Pregnancy - Can We Get Pregnant?
Group ID: 0x7FD46CD0
Instance ID: 0x00000139
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\lamare-YA-pregnancy-anyplayable-AL.package
\downloads\zSims2Living Teen Pregnancy Mod\S2LTeenFemalePregnancyEnabler.package

Mad Poster
#18 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 2:30 AM
What I see here, is both mods tweak the same procedure, obviously..so it is a normal conflict. have Lamare's mod load last after the teen mod, to have the best of both?

just a girl
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 8:17 AM Last edited by Lamare : 21st Aug 2017 at 10:31 AM.
PenelopeT, thank you for your feedback.

I should clarify that my mod doesn't affect chances to get pregnant and it doesn't make trying for baby autonomous. It makes interaction "try for baby" available to young adults, but it's the player who clicks it. My sims usually take 1-3 tries to get pregnant. Trying several times is normal, but if you're having really hard time getting them pregnant, check if you have mods that alter fertility in any way.

ETA:

Rosebine, I've found the file responsible for after abduction pregnancy and I can mod it. I'll upload it as well.
Theorist
#20 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 11:09 AM
Rosebine, I ran the HCDU prior to playing, so I did have Lamare's mod load last. I saw the conflict as harmless, since a teen did become pregnant autonomously and I was able to get a young adult pregnant as well.

Lamare, thank you for clarifying that your mod only adds the 'Try for a baby' option. That means your mod is working as described - I will be keeping it. Is this the final version of the one I downloaded?

Also, I've been playing with ACR2 for so long, that I haven't had to manually direct a sim to attempt to get pregnant in ages. So, it did not occur to me that it was necessary when trying to get the young adult test sims pregnant. The old game feature vs mod feature rears its head again.

Theorist
#21 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 1:45 PM
I have a question about the want and not getting pregnant. Does the male also have the same want for a baby? I'm not sure if this is true or not , but I in the time I've been playing it seems they can get pregnant faster if both have the want. This is just one of those things I've always watched. If I waited til both had the want, they seemed to get pregnant on the first try, most of the time. Usually my sims had large families, watching how each happened and comparing memories is how I came to that conclusion. This may be a coincident, maybe not.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
just a girl
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 4:21 PM
PenelopeT, I don't know much about ACR, but maybe you'd have to set it up in a way that allows YAs to try for baby autonomously. I tried to look at its code, but it's so huge, it'd be easier to ask someone who knows how it works. And yes, I suppose, YA-pregnancy-anyplayable-AL is final. I might make another version, though. Sometimes I'm having ideas after publishing stuff

Duine, yes, males can have a want too, if that's what you ask.
Theorist
#23 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 7:59 PM
Lamare, thanks for letting me know. Maybe, I will hold off until you publish everything...just in case.

As for ACR, I have messed about with it a bit before - you are right about it being huge. But, I am a glutton for punishment when it comes to tweaking things for personal use, so I might brave it. Besides, what are test neighborhoods for, if not for corrupting.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#24 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 10:31 PM
I am going to test this with my personal mod collection, in a copy of my hood and see what it conflicts with. "I am going to be BRAVE!" :D
just a girl
Original Poster
#25 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 11:23 PM
Continuing students' liberation in this thread. As I told Rosebine a few posts ago,
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
I'll work on jobs and marriages later; I want them too. I actually plan to give a choice between part-time and full-time, because why not. But I'll need to test, whether sims retain their jobs when they age up, and how to handle them. Also I want to figure out a convenient way to see job info without seeing job panel. Lotsa details to work on.

Not being able to see job info bugged me the most about working students, so I found a way around. It's an interaction that you need to click on (not the best way, but the UI files are sooo complicated). What would be your suggestions for an object to add this interaction to?
(Except for self-interaction, cause it won't be accesible when sim is at work or class).
Currently it's added to SimBlender. It's common in my game. But is it ok to share a modified SimBlender...

Page 1 of 3