Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 10:24 PM
Default Question about animations please help
In this(http://modthesims.info/d/489366) mod Sauzer made a red colored Hypnotic gaze effect and then added that in his custom animation. Do you know how he/she did that? If I figure that out the rest should be easy. Did Sauzer use milkshape and not blender? I have both blender and milkshape. GreenPlumbob told me before about how the color of the effect can be changed using S3PE but how was that changed effect added to the animation? Blender won't play the vfx in the animation
I would also like to know how to convert a .GrannyRig file to a .blend rig? GrannyRig is the file format of TS3 rigs are extracted in blender.

I really need answers to these two questions. There's very little research on the subject. My children can cast spells won't be finished without knowing the answers to these two questions. Please if anyone has any ideas please let me know.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 11:17 AM
I know the VFX effects are basically linked to a certain joint (In your case it might be the head joint, but usually it's the root waist one). However, no one really managed to import visual effects into blender, so I think you might actually just test those in-game

Regarding the .grannyrig... those are some old bones files, I didn't know the game was still recognizing those? anyways, once upon a time, someone made a blender plugin before the pets patch riiight here: http://modthesims.info/t/355471

Else, Cmomoney's beta version would be a fun one to try out as well, it should be grannyrig compatible too: http://modthesims.info/t/443780
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 1:11 PM
Ok thank you Greenplumbob I'll try those. One question tho if I can't import the vfx to blender than how will I attach the vfx to the joint? Like say I extracted the vfx file using S3PE but what do I do after that? It's ok if I don't see the effect in blender that's fine with me but like how do I attach the effect to the head root thing?
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 3:18 PM
I have another question, so I exported the wandrig.txt file from S3PE; now how do I change it to a .blend rig file for Blender? or a .ms3d for milkshape? What kind of software is used for this? Does anyone know?
Virtual gardener
#5 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 3:40 PM
Hrm... I think you're a bit confused on what the VFX files are for, which is fine! They're quite difficult to understand.

Anyways, in the script, you notice how it says something about visual effects and I guess FX_Joint (which is the bones name of a sim in this case) The game will assign that to the game's own rig. You don't have to take the rig in blender to adjust it I'd actually try to take a look at buffs with visual effects, or I know the imaginary friend has some VFX effects that you could check out just to figure out how it's done. I think that one was called FX_head but i'm not entirely sure. So in the script you basically assign them to a joint of the sim's rig and the VFX file is actually just a list for the game to get through, get the FX name (not the rig) that you assigned in your script and the data of it (Like color, position, etc). The actual visual effect however isn't exactly in the VFX file but in another file which no one hasn't been able to crack open exactly, so it makes it harder to clone a visual effect and just make that one red.

What you can do in this case is just going with Sauzer's file, change the colors and I guess then it should be able to function.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Hrm... I think you're a bit confused on what the VFX files are for, which is fine! They're quite difficult to understand.

Anyways, in the script, you notice how it says something about visual effects and I guess FX_Joint (which is the bones name of a sim in this case) The game will assign that to the game's own rig. You don't have to take the rig in blender to adjust it I'd actually try to take a look at buffs with visual effects, or I know the imaginary friend has some VFX effects that you could check out just to figure out how it's done. I think that one was called FX_head but i'm not entirely sure. So in the script you basically assign them to a joint of the sim's rig and the VFX file is actually just a list for the game to get through, get the FX name (not the rig) that you assigned in your script and the data of it (Like color, position, etc). The actual visual effect however isn't exactly in the VFX file but in another file which no one hasn't been able to crack open exactly, so it makes it harder to clone a visual effect and just make that one red.

What you can do in this case is just going with Sauzer's file, change the colors and I guess then it should be able to function.

No but sauzer didn't just change the color, he/she made a cloned effect than changed the color to red than inserted that into his/her custom mind control animation. You can check it out in his/her package file. I have his/her mod installed, the normal hypnotic gaze still has the green glow but when you use his interaction it's a red glow. And this is not done by scripting, the change is made in the clip file. I can see the cloned effect name in his clip file. How Sauzer did that I have no idea. Wish Sauzer was here right now, I am kind of stalking his profile to see which posts Sauzer posted or responded to get some idea.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 11:05 PM
Another frustrating problem I'm having is adding objects to blender. I do it the same way as shown in the tutorial but I get this disgusting error. I've posted a screenshot on this error. I'm using Blender 2.78 btw; is that the problem? What's the correct version to use and what's the correct version of the addon to use, that won't throw these errors.
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 11:20 PM
It's indeed because of the version, the one you wanna have is 2.62 I believe, or 2.63, if not, 2.60 might be an interesting one to check out

http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.62/

Actually... one thing that might be interesting to look at is this: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=446536
Maybe in a way you can reverse it...?
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 11:45 PM
Hmm interesting or maybe I could look at the coding for fog emitter, you know that one that plays all the visual effects. Maybe make a standalone external fog emitter somehow. I don't know if I am skilled enough for that though and my stupid exams are approaching again. But we should definitely try atleast.
I'm still wondering how Sauzer inserted the effect tho, like the coding( when viewed in S3PE ) is the same just the name of the visual effect in the clip file event is different. Any idea how Sauzer did that? Is this a milkshake feature? I will have to try some more. Have to get blender working right first.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 2:43 PM
Ok umm when I import the wand rig the wand appears with the pillow instead of just the wand, how do I fix that?
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 2:38 PM
Ok which version of milkshape do I need? And what kind of plugins do I need? I currently have 1.84 version installed do I need a different version? I'm kind of hoping that maybe things will be easier with milkshape.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 2:42 PM
Ok wait I just read in this post http://modthesims.info/t/484322 that perhaps I can add visual effects and sound effects with S3PE grid.