Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 5:08 PM
Default Blender Meshing/Mapping Help - Texture doesn't look right in-game
I've made several things for Sims 2 with Wings 3D and UVMapper Pro. I decided to try meshing for Sims 4, but am struggling with Blender. I created the mesh file using Wings 3D and imported it into Blender. I found a uv mapping tutorial for Blender, but it was very confusing, I'm really struggling with Blender, but thought I'd cracked it. Here's what my dining table looks like when opened up in Blender:

and here's what it looks like in-game:

Is there a way to use UVMapper with Blender, or does it all have to be done within Blender?

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Advertisement
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 7:28 PM Last edited by AdonisPluto : 20th Aug 2017 at 11:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAngel
I've made several things for Sims 2 with Wings 3D and UVMapper Pro. I decided to try meshing for Sims 4, but am struggling with Blender. I created the mesh file using Wings 3D and imported it into Blender. I found a uv mapping tutorial for Blender, but it was very confusing, I'm really struggling with Blender, but thought I'd cracked it. Here's what my dining table looks like when opened up in Blender:

and here's what it looks like in-game:

Is there a way to use UVMapper with Blender, or does it all have to be done within Blender?

You can save your model from wings in obj format, then use uvmapper pro to map you mesh. Then make your textures as you would. When done save your mapped object in obj format again and you can then import it into blender. Assign your cut number and save the blend file. If you are using Sims4studio you can import the blend file into it and apply the textures that you make.

Am not good in blender mapping so I use uvmapper pro too. This is the process that I use most of the time till I learn using blender properly......Also note that you have to make a bump texture for your object. I think that weird look on the body from your in game picture is as a result of an unedited bump map