Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:58 PM
Default How to make an object placeable over other objects?
I'd like to update and upload my co-sleeper object for the Maternity and Beyond theme, but I still have one problem that I've never managed to solve with it - it's not placeable without using moveobjects on. The object is designed to look as though it's placed on the adult's bed, so it needs to be placed within the footprint of the bed, much like decorative pillows or blankets often are.

From some searches I've seen that the solution to this is either:

- Clone the item from a rug to begin with and add the mesh etc to this. But I don't think this will work as this isn't a purely decorative object, it has other functions. I cloned it originally from the crib.

- Edit the "init" BHAV within the file. This object doesn't have any BHAV called "init" and, honestly, I'm really hopeless at BHAVs unless it's one step I need to change, I just get lost with it.

So currently, I will have to upload it with the instruction just to make sure to use moveobjects to place, but if it's an easy fix, I'd love to try and fix this before I upload it.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 10:18 AM
Hi HugeLunatic, I found that, but the item I'm editing doesn't have a BHAV called "init", and I can't see one relating to placement at all. Would it work just to add a BHAV called init and add everything as shown there?

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 3:08 PM
No, it has to be the init from the crib. Use the ImportSemiGlobals, scan for cribglobals, then import just the Function - Init - SG. Edit to add the placement to that. Then in the OBJF, you will need to link to the Function - Init - SG in your package rather than the one in the game files.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 8:25 PM
Thank you, it worked perfectly!

Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 2:59 PM Last edited by gabilei123 : 5th Nov 2017 at 3:58 PM.
I have a very similar problem. I have cloned a curtain and want to change its placement. But it has no BHAV at all.
Furthermore I have no clue, what you mean with ImportSemiGlobals.

I found in OBJf a line with "allow intersection" and 0x2004 (What is this?).
Maybe there I have to change something. But I do not know what.

Thanks for help.

EDIT: Now I found ImportSemiGlobals.
I have imported the Init BHAV and tried to change, but I can not save my changes.
Instructor
#7 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gabilei123
I have a very similar problem. I have cloned a curtain and want to change its placement. But it has no BHAV at all.
Furthermore I have no clue, what you mean with ImportSemiGlobals.

I found in OBJf a line with "allow intersection" and 0x2004 (What is this?).
Maybe there I have to change something. But I do not know what.

Thanks for help.

ImportSemiGlobals is a tool in SimPE. You should start with the beginners tutorials before trying to import something that will change multiple objects behaviours.
However, you can easier create a new BHAV :
1- open your package in SimPE and right click in the background in order to add a new ressource
2- in ressource tab of your new ressource, choose the BHAV type and give it your Group number too (it should be something like 0xFFFFFFFF)
3- add an instance number (if you had no BHAV in the beginning, it can just be 1000)
4- you'll have to add a line and link it to the the same BHAV semi global that is indicated in the "init" line of the OBJF.
5- then you add the lines you have to, due to Huge Lunatics's tutorial.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 4:00 PM Last edited by gabilei123 : 5th Nov 2017 at 5:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
ImportSemiGlobals is a tool in SimPE. You should start with the beginners tutorials before trying to import something that will change multiple objects behaviours.
However, you can easier create a new BHAV :
1- open your package in SimPE and right click in the background in order to add a new ressource
2- in ressource tab of your new ressource, choose the BHAV type and give it your Group number too (it should be something like 0xFFFFFFFF)
3- add an instance number (if you had no BHAV in the beginning, it can just be 1000)
4- you'll have to add a line and link it to the the same BHAV semi global that is indicated in the "init" line of the OBJF.
5- then you add the lines you have to, due to Huge Lunatics's tutorial.

Oh, your answer came, while I changed my old comment. I will see if I understand and try.
Now it works. But I have imported the BHAV.

Thank you!