Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Bob Ross Paint-Along Night - posted on 4th Sep 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 2478 times.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:58 PM
Default How to make an object placeable over other objects?
I'd like to update and upload my co-sleeper object for the Maternity and Beyond theme, but I still have one problem that I've never managed to solve with it - it's not placeable without using moveobjects on. The object is designed to look as though it's placed on the adult's bed, so it needs to be placed within the footprint of the bed, much like decorative pillows or blankets often are.

From some searches I've seen that the solution to this is either:

- Clone the item from a rug to begin with and add the mesh etc to this. But I don't think this will work as this isn't a purely decorative object, it has other functions. I cloned it originally from the crib.

- Edit the "init" BHAV within the file. This object doesn't have any BHAV called "init" and, honestly, I'm really hopeless at BHAVs unless it's one step I need to change, I just get lost with it.

So currently, I will have to upload it with the instruction just to make sure to use moveobjects to place, but if it's an easy fix, I'd love to try and fix this before I upload it.

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 10:18 AM
Hi HugeLunatic, I found that, but the item I'm editing doesn't have a BHAV called "init", and I can't see one relating to placement at all. Would it work just to add a BHAV called init and add everything as shown there?

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 3:08 PM
No, it has to be the init from the crib. Use the ImportSemiGlobals, scan for cribglobals, then import just the Function - Init - SG. Edit to add the placement to that. Then in the OBJF, you will need to link to the Function - Init - SG in your package rather than the one in the game files.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 8:25 PM
Thank you, it worked perfectly!

Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 9:04 PM
Awwwe! years ago, I had started a project called..Sleep with me Blankie...And i think this is exactly what you will upload.
That is awesome. I never finished mine, for the same reasons.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)