Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 3:23 AM
Default Dustove Family Farmhouse
Next up, I decided to work on a modern farmhouse.

Using a house plan I found to replicate this lot, I kept everything as closely identical as possible to the original concept. The kitchen, the dining room and the living room are all a single space, although I seemed to squash the kitchen and dining room by placing the dining table in the kitchen. Also, instead of one roof stretched across the entire house, I divided it into three pieces. The roof covering the garage was meant to be higher, but that would block most of the window and make it appear unnatural. I wanted to keep things symmetrical with the windows. The garage doesn't have a ceiling, which is why it appeared the same for the top shot of the second floor.

I purposely planted very few trees, to especially leave the backyard wide open for those of you with the farm animals mod.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 3:42 AM
This looks very nice, and I like how spacious it is too...especially outside.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 7:00 AM
Outside and inside, the house looks great.

The rooms seem a bit empty, though - they have space, but I'd fill it up a bit.

The bathrooms are big (I like that) - but I suggest moving the plumbing around - the toilets for me are to close to the baths in the en suite bathrooms; the bathroom with a toilet and a basin - I think it will look better if they are next to each other - then I'd put a plant or something in the corner.

I like the open plan thing downstairs. The kitchen is nice - I don't see a basin? The TV and sofa - I would change them around so that the TV stands against the wall and put in an extra two seat sofa as well.

I think a floor under the BBQ area will look nice - same one as the porch - I would try that to see how it looks.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 7:50 AM
Why is there no sink in the kitchen?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 2:21 AM
I would add more decoration and furnishings if the house is to be uploaded furnished. You don't have to, but if you want to improve your lots overall look decoration and extras goes a long way to a more polished look. I would also not use so many cheap items unless it's meant to be a budget lot.

For example in the master en-suit you are using the cheap shower but you have enough space to build a shower with walls and glass doors and could add a bathmat and towels and nicer flooring.

In the kitchen you need a sink but also think about decorations like a spice rack or overhead pots and pans.

Maybe a few flower beds?

The lounge room could have a bookcase, pot plant etc and the TV unit is always better against a wall.

You might also want to check how you are taking pictures, I notice on this and past lots you have a bit of fish eye going on from using the X key just a bit too much. It isn't bad but I can notice it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 6:18 AM
Been working around the suggestions posted and I have new screenshots to show of the improvement.

The reason my previous images have appeared fish-eyed is because I have been using Gunmod's camera files to get a new feel. Sorry if some of these screenshots don't show everything in a room since it's been quite awhile that I've adapted to Gunmod's new perspective and control of the camera. Kinda hard to place a camera within a corner of a room without the walls getting in the way.

I am noticing how part of the new shower in the master bathroom goes inside the left wall (the wall between the shower and the counters), so there was a graphical conflict as I was panning the camera around. I honestly do not want to remove that wall but I can understand how frustrating it might become for some players.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 7:47 AM
Good job The house came alive.
I like the two bathrooms, looking very nice (the one in pic 9 has to be turned, the taps are not against the wall). Otherwise, I think it is ready to upload.