Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 8:44 AM
Where in the game can hide the sims I downloaded?
Hi!
I downloaded several sims from here and I put them in tray, but I don't know where they are in my game. I can't find them either in CAS... I must say I can't find any premade sim in CAS. It was so easy in SIms3.

Oh, maybe I did wrong in creating subfolders in tray, but is there any other way to find who they are and to be able to select a sim's files and manage them?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 10:14 AM
All sims/buildings from Tray will be in your library, in game.Just open it, if you're using mods then check little box with custom content and look for sims there..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
All sims/buildings from Tray will be in your library, in game.Just open it, if you're using mods then check little box with custom content and look for sims there..

Ah, ok, thank you, I didn't open the Advanced thing. Now I've checked Include Custom Content and it's a bit better: I can see the Sims I created, yet not the ones I downloaded...

Where can they hide?
Inventor
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 8:29 PM
You can filter them with option "created by others" if I recall correctly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
You can filter them with option "created by others" if I recall correctly.

I tested everything: "View content by:" All/Maxis/Mine/Others and "Category:" All/Households/Lots/Rooms, all the expansion packs and all the game packs are selected by default, and now I always check the "Include Custom Content" box. Still nothing except the five households I created to play with.

If that can help, I precise I have the last version and all the DLC. There is one hack in my Mods, the McCC, and the game itself works fine.

The Sims I downloaded are in "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray", each Sim subfolder containing at least 5 files: 1 *.householdbinary, 1 *.trayitem, 1 *.sgi by character and 2 *.hhi. A few lot subfolders are in the Tray too.

Does it look ok? I'm pretty sure I did something wrong, but what?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimzQbic
I tested everything: "View content by:" All/Maxis/Mine/Others and "Category:" All/Households/Lots/Rooms, all the expansion packs and all the game packs are selected by default, and now I always check the "Include Custom Content" box. Still nothing except the five households I created to play with.

If that can help, I precise I have the last version and all the DLC. There is one hack in my Mods, the McCC, and the game itself works fine.

The Sims I downloaded are in "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray", each Sim subfolder containing at least 5 files: 1 *.householdbinary, 1 *.trayitem, 1 *.sgi by character and 2 *.hhi. A few lot subfolders are in the Tray too.

Does it look ok? I'm pretty sure I did something wrong, but what?

As far as I know the files in the tray folder can't be in subfolders. thet just have to be in there by themselves.

Hope that helps.
Inventor
#7 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 4:45 PM
Yeah, no subfolders in Tray. Just plop all the files in there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bur1440
As far as I know the files in the tray folder can't be in subfolders. thet just have to be in there by themselves.

Hope that helps.

Yeah! It works! Here they are! Many thanks!

It was my first thought, I remember having read this somewhere... but I did read the opposite too... and I figured EA hired some programmer able to browse through subfolders... Silly me! (If by chance you hear EA looks for such a guy, please let me know! )

Anyway, many thanks again! :D