Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 1:45 PM
Default just want to tweak a pre-made custom world..
I am not that familiar with CAW but have tried to follow some directions to achieve my purpose, but did not succeed - will give it another go, but am not sure if I can achieve what I want. What I want is simply to tweak a little world I am playing, not made by me, not EA, just to level off some of the rugged terrain, add some spawners in random world territory, and add a bit of grass here and there. I have looked at two how-to docs and tried one, all about creating a new world in CAW, saving it, going to the world you want to change etc. I had problems from the get-go as my new world did not appear in the SPE windows even though it does in CAW. Can someone point me to any further help please? I just want to do minor stuff.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 4:17 PM
Can you open the custom world in S3PE? But the new world file will not open? I have done this a lot and never had a problem. I think we will need a heck of a lot more information to begin to know what is going on and try to help. What world are you trying to alter? Can you give us a link? And you are using info. from here how to edit premade worlds?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Can you open the custom world in S3PE? But the new world file will not open? I have done this a lot and never had a problem. I think we will need a heck of a lot more information to begin to know what is going on and try to help. What world are you trying to alter? Can you give us a link? And you are using info. from here how to edit premade worlds?

daisylee - thankyou.

the world I am trying to alter is called nightmare valley. I started by creating a new world in CAW and calling it Test.world I saved it to Documents\Electronic Arts\UserDataTool\Worlds.
I extracted two 'Unknown' binaries from that, as instructed, and saved them to desktop, but after that it got confusing as the description I was following told me to copy the game package to desktop, then rename the Test folder in the EA UserDataTool worlds folder to the game name - but said nothing about the Test world in that folder.. I think I need clearer instructions
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pawzisme
daisylee - thankyou.

the world I am trying to alter is called nightmare valley. I started by creating a new world in CAW and calling it Test.world I saved it to Documents\Electronic Arts\UserDataTool\Worlds.
I extracted two 'Unknown' binaries from that, as instructed, and saved them to desktop, but after that it got confusing as the description I was following told me to copy the game package to desktop, then rename the Test folder in the EA UserDataTool worlds folder to the game name - but said nothing about the Test world in that folder.. I think I need clearer instructions

here are the instructions..
1. Open CAW. Make a new world, large 300 flat map. Save it and close CAW.

2. Open S3PE. Open the .world file that you just made. Choose Resource> Import> From package, and browse to the world you want to open- for example, Bridgeport.world or France.world. It can be any INSTALLED world, you can't really use a S3Pack for this. Click replace duplicates, use resource names, and compress- choose NO if it asks do you want to autosave. Click okay, and let S3PE import those files.

3. When it has finished, delete the following resources if they are present: WPID 0xF609FD60 and UNKN 0x296A6258. Those files give the world its identity and type, so you do not want to copy those. (Exception- you might want to keep the city resource if you wish to make an amended version of Bridgeport, or the vacation resource if you with to make a vacation replacement world. See this thread for more details.)
Save your world in S3Pe- just click SAVE not SAVE AS.

4. Open the edited file in CAW. It may take a while to open and may look weird at first (trees were black for at least two minutes after it appeared the file was fully loaded). I can also go to Edit in Game and it looks good there too - though any sims inhabiting the world are standing outside their homes.

5. Give your world a name, description and thumbnail in CAW. Rebuild the routing data. Choose File> Save as and give your world a NEW name in CAW.

Additional notes:
Removing sims- some people have had problems with inhabited worlds, you could remove the population by either entering edit-in-game mode and evicting sims to the clipboard, then deleting them, or else using Awesomemod and the command 'destroyallhumans'.

Forther information: computertech82 suggests editing and saving the world in EIG mode prior to exporting- details here:
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...5&postcount=414
OR
To create your own resources, start here
Create a blank test world in CAW- size large, height 300. Call it Test.world.

Go to Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds and copy the Test folder to your desktop. Open Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds\ Test.world in S3Pe, and find resources UNKN 0x0477BD6A and UNKN 0x0498DA7E. Right click those, export to file and choose your desktop.

Once you have your resources, either by creating your own or by downloading mine, do this!
Now you have three files on your desktop, Test folder and the UNKN 0x0477BD6A and UNKN 0x0498DA7E resources. You could keep a copy of these to use again to open another world!

Find your packed world file, for example Bridgeport.World. Copy it to your desktop. Now, rename the Test folder to the same name as your world, for example Bridgeport (Don't put the .world extension there, just the name).

Now, open your packed world file, for example Bridgeport.World, in S3Pe. Resource> Import> From file and select your two exported resources, UNKN 0x0477BD6A and UNKN 0x0498DA7E, from your desktop. Tick the 'Replace Duplicates' and 'compress' boxes in the import dialogue box.

Delete the following if it is present: WPID 0xF609FD60. This file gives the world its identity, so you do not want to copy that (unless you are making a default replacement for an EA world). If you are opening Bridgeport or the Vacation worlds you may also need to edit UNKN 0x296A6258. See this thread for more details.

File> Save your world in S3PE (NOT Save As).

[Discard the UNKN 0x0477BD6A and UNKN 0x0498DA7E files from your desktop, unless you want to save them to use again. Also you could delete the Test.World file from Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds.]

Put your edited world file and your world folder, for example Bridgeport.World and Bridgeport folder, into Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds.

Open CAW, and see if your world will now open.

If you see nothing amiss in those instructions then it must be me, and I will just go back and try again
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 6:05 PM
but after that it got confusing as the description I was following told me to copy the game package to desktop, then rename the Test folder in the EA UserDataTool worlds folder to the game name - but said nothing about the Test world in that folder.. I think I need clearer instructions

Nope, it says to rename the Test folder on your desktop to the same name as your world file.
Go to Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds and copy the Test folder to your desktop.

Find your packed world file, for example Bridgeport.World. Copy it to your desktop. Now, rename the Test folder to the same name as your world, for example Bridgeport (Don't put the .world extension there, just the name).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Nope, it says to rename the Test folder on your desktop to the same name as your world file.

yes, but the test world isn't in there, just two folders named Lots and Layer ( think) so where does the test.world come into the solution, or the renamed folder come in when it does not have a world in there? I will do it again..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 6:59 PM
You don't need the test world, you just need your NightmareValley world. So put NightmareValley.World on your desktop and rename the test folder to NightmareValley. Then import the resources to NightmareValley.World and delete the WPID.

(You see, you only created the test world so that you could borrow the resources and the folder from it).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 7:24 PM
@daisylee

pawzisme is following my second method, in which you just import the resources necessary to make the world open in CAW. So only UNKN 0x0477BD6A and UNKN 0x0498DA7E.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 7:31 PM
I will delete my post not to confuse then.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 7:34 PM
well, I have got a bit further along this time. I got the world loaded in CAW again after SPE had done its thing, could see the map, but did not really know what to do then, plus some of the writing was in german, however, I think I placed spawners around here and there, but the program took a long time to do that. Tried to rename but am not sure how to go on, where I am supposed to put it etc - so, tomorrow, I shall do it all over again, with a clearer picture of what is happening, thanks to re-reading and your help. At least I won't make so many mistakes and incorrect assumptions next time around. Will leave it now, I am an old lady and me brain aches

ps thank you both, you have both been helpful and kind to bother.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 7:38 PM Last edited by daisylee : 22nd Aug 2017 at 7:52 PM.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 7:42 PM
Maybe you could rewrite my tutorial when you've figured it out, I can never word it so that it's clear!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 8:04 PM
the first two YT vids are some version of the game I am playing - there may be a back story as there are two other related games based on the same map, all by the same German author I think, (nowa2000?) but I like to play it as a rock-bottom dump that can only be improved.

Simsample, once I REALLY know what I am doing and have the hang of it I would be pleased to offer an amended tutorial - but don't hold yer breath! I also have to learn to drive CAW.. I do not really want to make worlds of my own - there are so many really good ones out there, but sometimes I would like to just tweak, or add some spawners to a game that would otherwise be perfect.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 8:15 PM
It looks like a really cool world. Creepy one. I like creepy worlds.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 8:51 PM
I would say run-down rather than creepy - but then I don't have zombies and werewolves enabled in my games or witches and fairies ( I am very boring!), but it is a bit weird, and there are rabbit holes -all deserted, and buildings with stuff in here and there, and a bridge which leads ro a motel and a grassy valley.It is like there might be a story attached, but if so, it has escaped me..but so far, very few spawning spots,, which is where we came in...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 10:52 PM
5. Give your world a name, description and thumbnail in CAW. Rebuild the routing data. Choose File> Save as and give your world a NEW name in CAW.

can someone please clarify this instruction? I started again, from the top of the how to page and I think I have got it reasonably sorted now, up to 5. See, what I don't understand is how the any changes I make get sent to the current installed game Nightmare Valley, which is a different name to the modified world which I have renamed Nightmare Valley 4. I have fiddled around with CAW having loaded the world file modified by SPE and attempted to add another layer, spawns and a few trees and saved it, but it is not showing in the installed game so i am not doing something correctly.

ps no rush, way past my bed time (UK) will come by here tomorrow , thank you
Mad Poster
#17 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 11:21 PM Last edited by daisylee : 23rd Aug 2017 at 3:03 PM.
This is a new world. You will need to uninstall NV first probably and then you will need to replace it with this world you have done. This is a replacement. You will need to save whatever you want to save from your current game and then move it to your new world/version. These are 2 different worlds involved. You will need to export and install your version to use instead of the current one.

I am not in CAW now but I think the first item in the layers has the world name. Click on it or the global layer if that does not work, right click maybe, and there you will see the box for the name and description and png. I would not get into routing as you are not that familiar with CAW.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 7:06 AM
You are correct in assuming that none of the changes you make in CAW will affect any already installed world. You will have to export your version from CAW and install it to have it in game. This is what you need 5. for - before you can export from CAW you will need to update your world in CAW with these information.

Your edit will only be a "different" world and not conflict with the original world if you deleted the WPID file in S3PE in the CAW world. CAW will replace it with a new wpid (world ID) when you open and save your version next time. Just renaming the files or the world will not be sufficient in order to make your world unique.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#19 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 7:14 AM

can someone please clarify this instruction?

Yes, as daisylee says, you are making a separate world from your original Nightmare Valley. Even if you left the WPID the same (so that your new world overrides your old one), you wouldn't be able to use your old saves without error as you are changing the world decor and routing.

To export the world to Sims3Pack, you need to give it a name and thumbnail and description.

Rebuilding the routing data is necessary before saving if you have made any changes that affect routing, such as adding or moving objects or lots. Click View>Rebuild Routing data. Image here:
http://krrank.blogspot.co.uk/2012/0...ix-routing.html

You need to give your world a new name and choose file>Save as so that it generates the layer and lot information correctly. You'll probably get an error at this stage if you try to save over.

By the way, which tutorial are you following? Earlier you were following my second, quick method, but the above quote was from the original method. You need to follow the instructions from only one method or else it will not work. I'd recommend the second method because it works on pretty much every world, even the EA worlds.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=469942
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 9:36 AM
OK, thanks all, I will go through this later. I plan to do it all over again using the second tutorial method this time, just to see, and to try and follow through to the conclusion you have outlined here. It IS becoming clearer but practice makes perfect! May not get back on here for a bit as a lady is bringing a computer round for me to look at and hopefully fix , and that could take a while to resolve.... cheers m'dears!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 2:35 PM
simsample, I do not know if this will work on here, but have gone through your guide with comments...

To create your own resources, start here
Create a blank test world in CAW- size large, height 300. Call it Test.world.
The default save path is to C: (which I did not notice until I read the next para)) but I had installed CAW to D: and so I looked in that copy of UserToolData —World for the saved Test.world, and, of course, did not find it....others who use custom install option might be fooled as well

Go to Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds and copy the Test folder to your desktop.
Once I realised my mistake and went to C: this instruction should have been easily achieved, but having just created a Test.world, I thought (in my ignorance) that though you specified Test Folder, that should have included Test.world..so I copied that in the folder as well, so, to be clear, it would be useful to stress JUST the Test folder with its two folders inside.
Open Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds\ Test.world in S3Pe, and find resources UNKN 0x0477BD6A and UNKN 0x0498DA7E. Right click those, export to file and choose your desktop.
That was OK and clear, but not knowing if there was a way to quickly search S3PE I copied the resource name to the Notepad . There is probably a better way..

Once you have your resources, either by creating your own or by downloading mine, do this!
I did not understand this bit

Now you have three files on your desktop, Test folder and the UNKN 0x0477BD6A and UNKN 0x0498DA7E resources. You could keep a copy of these to use again to open another world!
Yes, and yes!

Find your packed world file, for example Bridgeport.World.
This does not explain.. what is a packed world? not the SIM3pack, you must mean the installed world found in Sims3 Installed worlds..

Copy it to your desktop. Now, rename the Test folder to the same name as your world, for example Bridgeport (Don't put the .world extension there, just the name).
Yes, good

Now, open your packed world file, for example Bridgeport.World,
Do you mean the one on the desktop or the one in the game? The desktop I think..
in S3Pe. Resource> Import> From file and select your two exported resources, UNKN 0x0477BD6A and UNKN 0x0498DA7E, from your desktop. Tick the 'Replace Duplicates' and 'compress' boxes in the import dialogue box.
Done..

Delete the following if it is present: WPID 0xF609FD60.
Done...
This file gives the world its identity, so you do not want to copy that (unless you are making a default replacement for an EA world). If you are opening Bridgeport or the Vacation worlds you may also need to edit UNKN 0x296A6258. See this thread for more details.

File> Save your world in S3PE (NOT Save As).
Done..

[Discard the UNKN 0x0477BD6A and UNKN 0x0498DA7E files from your desktop, unless you want to save them to use again. Also you could delete the Test.World file from Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds.]
Good - I did wonder about the test files

Put your edited world file and your world folder, for example Bridgeport.World and Bridgeport folder, into Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds.
yup

Open CAW, and see if your world will now open.
Dun,da,dun,da daaa.......yes it does, thank you I have gained understanding of the process you have just guided me through.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 2:41 PM
my lady with poorly computer has not yet phoned to say she is coming, hence I could work on the message above, but I really am going to leave alone for now the next bit you have all so kindly described, so that I replace the original game world with my amended copy. Gotta have a fresh brain for that!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#23 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 7:31 PM
@pawzisme

Well done for getting it to work! And thank you for your comments. I'll try to answer some:

The default save path is to C: (which I did not notice until I read the next para)) but I had installed CAW to D: and so I looked in that copy of UserToolData —World for the saved Test.world, and, of course, did not find it....others who use custom install option might be fooled as well

Ah, good point.

so, to be clear, it would be useful to stress JUST the Test folder with its two folders inside.

Ah, okay- although I had hoped people would understand when I said copy the folder.

I did not understand this bit

Well, I attach the resources you need to the post- so if you don't want to create your own resources you can use mine. At the top of the post I wrote this:
If you don't want to create your own resources, download the files attached to this post and extract to your desktop. The file called 'Test.zip' contains the Test Folder, the one called 'unpacked world resources.zip' contains the files to import to the world file.

This does not explain.. what is a packed world? not the SIM3pack, you must mean the installed world found in Sims3 Installed worlds..

This definition is stated in the first post:
We have now two methods for attempting to open premade (packed) worlds in CAW

Do you mean the one on the desktop or the one in the game? The desktop I think..

Yes, of course- I'm referring to the packed world that you are attempting to open again. I use Bridgeport as an example throughout the tutorial.

Dun,da,dun,da daaa.......yes it does, thank you I have gained understanding of the process you have just guided me through.

Great!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 10:44 PM
thank you Simsample, for your guide AND your patience
Mad Poster
#25 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 7:54 AM
I just downloaded and looked at that world for fun. Pretty cool. Quite unfinished and still needs a lot of work such as camera routing, but has a lot of potential. You will have fun with it.
Page 1 of 2