Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[06/11/20] Community Speaker for Residential

by RevyRei Posted 28th Aug 2017 at 4:11 PM - Updated 11th Jun 2020 at 4:57 PM by RevyRei : Fixed Issues

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 9:59 PM
I think you read my mind, thank you for sharing this!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 8:28 AM
Thanks a lot for sharing your Speakers with us, but did you know that musical notes continues flow even when speaker is off.....and even the speaker is off it does not let you sleep, at least, in my game.....
Regards.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 3:56 PM Last edited by RevyRei : 31st Aug 2017 at 2:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by juanherr
Thanks a lot for sharing your Speakers with us, but did you know that musical notes continues flow even when speaker is off.....and even the speaker is off it does not let you sleep, at least, in my game.....
Regards.

Thanks juanherr. I've never had trouble sleeping however once in a while I will find a random speaker or two that still have the music notes going even tho it's turned off. Typically, I will just reset those speakers and the notes will go away. Also, if you reset one of them the song changes on all the speakers. It's not exactly like "next song" but at least you can change it.

I just updated v2 so that the music notes disappear for sure and I removed the chance of your sim ever waking up from the speaker. This should work better for you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 10:03 PM
Thank You! This makes so much more sense.
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 5:58 AM
how hard is it to make a mod like this? (I would love to have all of the speakers unlocked cuz I use custom music in all of the stations lol)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 2:39 PM
Thanks for your mod!

One wish i had....can you make more i mean electronical and the other genre?

Happy Siming ;)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 5:50 PM
This is fantastic. It's a shame it can't be linked with a dj booth though. Great work and thank you.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by milkie60
This is fantastic. It's a shame it can't be linked with a dj booth though. Great work and thank you.

Although this is not possible, but Revy has created another mod that mutes the DJ Booths, so you can hang up his speakers in the clubs and the Sims then almost dance to their music. I even like it so much because I always listen to custom music in game. :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cateyes2201
Although this is not possible, but Revy has created another mod that mutes the DJ Booths, so you can hang up his speakers in the clubs and the Sims then almost dance to their music. I even like it so much because I always listen to custom music in game. :D

Lol I'm glad someone gets it. While I too once dreamed of making the DJ booth work, I found this way to just be so much better especially if you use custom music.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 1:12 AM
THANK YOU!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 1:18 AM Last edited by GuruSR : 15th Jan 2019 at 1:44 AM.
Works, was trying to use it in a club aimed at dancing, but sadly all they do is stand around and listen mostly, they do eventually dance, but not fast enough. Any chance of getting a variant that offers dancing up more? Also, how about a ceiling version, so we can aim them in a circle so that the dancers will group better, seems they dance the instant they walk into the door or way off by the washrooms, rarely in the middle where they should be because there aren't any walls in the middle of the dance floor (what a concept).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 6:32 PM
Oooh just found this. Hope it still works :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 6:49 PM
It WORKS! I'm so happy. Fantastic job. Thank-you.
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 8:42 AM
Works great! Love it! Makes playing the game a bit more enjoyable without having to pull up Spotify or something.
My only issue is that every time I load into my lot (start the game, come back from travel, even change outfits) ALL of the speakers default to High volume. I have a big house and lots of speakers so it can get pretty loud lol
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 2:05 AM Last edited by Kohagura : 11th Aug 2019 at 6:29 AM.
I really love these speakers. However I am wondering if you could provide a link to the ones which default to Medium volume?
I managed to edit the XMLs and finally get the Alt speakers to medium volume default, but for some reason it isn't working no matter how much I try on the Pop speakers, they are stuck on High volume...

I also have been trying all day to get a Kids Radio version working but it just doesn't seem to play anything.
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 12:14 AM
I love this mod. Nothing worse than having a house party with 5 different songs all playing at once.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 6:05 AM
I downloaded this and the dj booth to use them both together. My dj booth is missing the alternative station (don't know why) but it has retro. Now these speakers only come in alternative and pop. If I switched to retro dj booth and kept alternative speakers would they still link?

lucky for me there is a post by Revy that shows how to change the speakers to the retro station but I just find it odd that there isn't a retro one for the speakers like there is for the dj booth.

(also i have no idea why my dj booth only has four genres)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 12:10 AM
Hi I love this mod, it needs updating please I need this ASAP!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sharon10
Hi I love this mod, it needs updating please I need this ASAP!

Lol I've been dodging bullets with this speaker for far too long. It still works but it really does need to be updated. I'll get on it now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 3:50 AM
love this mod it is a must have for me <3 i would love all the stations to have their own residential speaker as i have custom music in all the stations <3
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 12:13 PM Last edited by MortiferusX : 4th Aug 2020 at 5:45 PM.
Metal-Editione pls!!! :D

Or generally for all stations so everyone can use the music he want's.

An option to choose the loudness would be nice too.
Test Subject
#23 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 2:02 PM
Hey bruh. Sorry to tell you the speakers aren’t working. Can you please look into this ASAP please please
Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 2:03 PM
Need this ASAP
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 6:34 PM
everytime i go my strip club lot the music is not playing at all, does this need updating?? please help
Page 1 of 2