Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Animated Mousehole

by Bakie Posted 1st Sep 2017 at 8:48 PM - Updated 4th Feb 2022 at 9:51 AM by Bakie

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Tartan McBadgerface
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 10:08 PM
This is a great idea and very well executed Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 2:23 AM
Very useful for adding some life into the game, thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 8:43 AM
This is so awesome Bakie! runs off to watch it on YouTube!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 9:52 AM
will sims react on it or ignore it? I ask cuz I find it annoying
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellfrozeover
This is a great idea and very well executed Thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
Very useful for adding some life into the game, thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by wendy35pearly
This is so awesome Bakie! runs off to watch it on YouTube!

You're welcome!
Quote: Originally posted by aadrianova
will sims react on it or ignore it? I ask cuz I find it annoying

They will ignore it, it's just a deco object + effect.

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 11:16 PM
Default Just a thought...
I love this mod. Thank you so much.

I tried to put it behind the refrigerator in my starter home so that the mouse would scurry out from under it while people were working in the area. With the "moveobjects on" cheat, it worked, and it looks really kool. However, it blocks them from actually using the fridge. Is there a workaround you could tweak for this mod to make it be able to sit behind appliances without blocking their use?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 9:34 AM Last edited by Bakie : 4th Sep 2017 at 10:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Astor1977
I love this mod. Thank you so much.

I tried to put it behind the refrigerator in my starter home so that the mouse would scurry out from under it while people were working in the area. With the "moveobjects on" cheat, it worked, and it looks really kool. However, it blocks them from actually using the fridge. Is there a workaround you could tweak for this mod to make it be able to sit behind appliances without blocking their use?

Hi Astor,
Great to hear you love this mod! About the question, I do think that's possible, but I need to experiment with that. I will place this somewhere at the top of my to-do -list, so I will take a look at it a bit faster.
I think I will replace the object itself too as a mousehole texture is then no longer needed. I will keep you updated about it.

EDIT
I couldn't help myself and already started looking at it and I can already tell you I succeeded.
It will be released soon! Thanks for the idea, I will give you some credit for it when uploaded.

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bakie
Hi Astor,
Great to hear you love this mod! About the question, I do think that's possible, but I need to experiment with that. I will place this somewhere at the top of my to-do -list, so I will take a look at it a bit faster.
I think I will replace the object itself too as a mousehole texture is then no longer needed. I will keep you updated about it.

EDIT
I couldn't help myself and already started looking at it and I can already tell you I succeeded.
It will be released soon! Thanks for the idea, I will give you some credit for it when uploaded.

That's just awesome! Thanks much.
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 4:34 AM
Hi! I just downloaded this, but the animations aren't showing up for me. Is there anything that could be conflicting with this mod that I should look out for? Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 10:05 AM
Funny little rat and mouseholes too!
Many thanks for creating and sharing this nice "pet" mod.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kuliritton
Hi! I just downloaded this, but the animations aren't showing up for me. Is there anything that could be conflicting with this mod that I should look out for? Thank you!!

Not that I know of, is your game fully up-to-date? Sometimes an effect will not be shown if you haven't got the expansion pack it originally came from, in this case City Living, but as far as I know the effect also worked before I had that EP...
Quote: Originally posted by Ahörnchen
Funny little rat and mouseholes too!

Many thanks for creating and sharing this nice "pet" mod.

You're welcome

Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bakie
Not that I know of, is your game fully up-to-date? Sometimes an effect will not be shown if you haven't got the expansion pack it originally came from, in this case City Living, but as far as I know the effect also worked before I had that EP...

You're welcome

My game is up to date and I have all the expansion packs. I have other animations from you that work, its just the mouse hole I can place the mouse hole and trap just fine, but the mice don't come out. I appreciate you replying to my message, thank you so much!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 12:29 PM
My game is up to date and I have all the expansion packs. I have other animations from you that work, its just the mouse hole I can place the mouse hole and trap just fine, but the mice don't come out. I appreciate you replying to my message, thank you so much!!

I've noticed that sometimes there is quite a long delay between appearances. It's usually every few seconds or so, but sometimes it's much, much longer. Don't know why, it's just a random thing.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 11:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Astor1977
I've noticed that sometimes there is quite a long delay between appearances. It's usually every few seconds or so, but sometimes it's much, much longer. Don't know why, it's just a random thing.

That's indeed the only thing that I can think of that might be the "problem". If you place multiple mouse holes next to each other, you might also notice that even though they're placed at the same time, the mice will come out randomly.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 4:38 AM
Ohhh more four legged friends LOL.
Test Subject
#17 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 9:56 PM
Very cute! I love it <3
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 10:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nightingale21
Ohhh more four legged friends LOL.
Haha, yeah!
Quote: Originally posted by SleepyInk
Very cute! I love it <3
Thanks and you're welcome!