Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 12:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Edit old camera photos?
Is it possible to edit the photos taken with the old camera from the artist career? That would be really cool, and really suit my needs
I mean editing it outside of the game, like you can do for normal snapshot, and then it shows up like that in the game.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Is it possible to edit the photos taken with the old camera from the artist career? That would be really cool, and really suit my needs
I mean editing it outside of the game, like you can do for normal snapshot, and then it shows up like that in the game.

I would try and see if it works. Just make sure that you keep the originals as a back up. Then make a copy, do your editing and then put the edited copy where the original was, making sure to keep the file name and the format unchanged. Then reload the game and look.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 1:35 AM
Sure you can. They're just .jpgs, nothing special about them. Any .jpeg you name with the proper protocol can appear in your albums.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 8:16 PM
So where are they actually located? I haven't found them anywhere.

Again, I'm talking about the old camera photos. Not sure if you misunderstood me or not since you didn't tell me where to find them. It's not in the storytelling-folder at least! I've looked. :P
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 8:51 PM
You need SimPE, as far as I know.
You also need to use this cheat code in your game: boolProp ShowLotPackageFilename true
Thanks to it, when you hover over a lot in nhood view, you will see that lot's name.

By lot name, I mean this:

Once you have that, open your lot. in my example: Documents/...The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/N001/Lots/N001_Lot18.package
Open with/... SimPE. Make sure to untick "always use this app to open this extension" or whatever it says!

Anyway, once you've opened it, find Texture Image (TXTR) on the left, all photographs and paintings will be stored there. Right click on the picture and "Export..." to save the picture somewhere, either just so you can restore it in case it somehow gets lost, or because you want to replace/edit it.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 8:59 PM
Oh, now that's a very useful thing to know! We should be able to retrieve paintings that have reverted to the yellow color study and photobooth photos that are flashing blue, this way. Ooh, I wonder if I can go to a backup copy of the GSUberhood and get all Rhett's kid's "Still Life" paintings back....not that I ever intend to play that family again...

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 9:11 PM
I hear you, Peni, now every time I finish a rotation, I go and make copies of new paintings and photographs. I haven't had any orange abstracts lately, but I'm ready if it happens.

Hopefully you'll be able to find savegames that still have the original pictures!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 9:14 PM
It won't be any trouble finding the games, as they're all on my hard drive. The problem is, to get the correct lot number, as they were all created while Rhett was moving from apartment to apartment. Can you get the lot names of individual apartments with this cheat? I should load my game and experiment.

Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 9:44 PM
No idea about apartment lots. I just checked too and it seems only the last occupied apartment in the list has its name displayed?

But you can also open all the lots in the lots folder just to check. After a while, you also notice patterns, such as empty lots being lighter packages.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 10:09 PM
Oh wow..what a useful tip!
I think I'll add this cheat to my userstartup..whatchoo think?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 2:52 PM
@Lili975 Wow, thank you so much!! That so cool! And super helpful Didn't think it was possible.