Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 4:41 PM
Default Making sliders need some help
Hey guys hoping someone can help me out

I'm in the process of making some sliders for the sims 2 when I've run into an annoying problem in SimPE For the sliders which I want to act symmetrically and affect both sides of the face simultaneously I've had to repeat all the edits I've made on one side to the other and it made it difficult.
Im quite new to Milkshape so maybe there is an easy solution im not seeing

Is there some way that I can mirror the edits I do on one side of the face using vertices or a way I can maybe them assigned to each other so when I do something on one side, it does the same thing just the opposite way? Because when I select the same groups of vertices on both sides and try to edit them it just goes in the same direction if I pull it or scale it.

See here, I selected the same vertices on the same sides to edit them at the same time however the go in the same direction which is incorrect for one of the sides. >

thank you so much! :lovestruc :lovestruc
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 4:58 PM
I don't think there's a way to do this with sliders. If you were doing normal meshing, you could delete one half, edit the other and then mirror the whole thing - but that would mess up the vertex IDs which would mess up the sliders. The best option I really have is to use the toolbar to make your edits, not the mouse, and keep notes of what you manipulate and the values used so you can easily recreate the changes on the other side.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 8:57 PM
What Nysha said. But i will add something. When you use scale, let's say you want to move both ears away from the head, you'd have X selected only. (left-right)Grab the vertices you want on both ears, (Select by vertix, not by face) enter a small bigger value such as..1.01. (Center of mass selected)Then hit scale once. See if it does what you want. Then hit scale again..until you have the result you want. If his works for making a sim fatter by moving the vertices away from the center, that should work for moving ears away from the head as well.
The Scale function works better if you use one axe at a time. Only Y, (Up-down)only X (left-right)or only Z.(Front-back)
Using Move won't work.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 10:18 PM
Thank you both for your replies! i think that might be the way to go