Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bigger Busking Tips

by ThaMadd Posted 10th Sep 2017 at 10:48 AM - Updated 2nd Feb 2024 at 1:03 AM by ThaMadd : Update

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 12:09 PM
The mod takes away the option for people to tip you at all
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 6:50 PM Last edited by ThaMadd : 11th Sep 2017 at 7:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by punksatan
The mod takes away the option for people to tip you at all

How is that? The mod is working just fine for me. Are you busking close enough to people? And did you make sure to click "busk for tips" And then play a song or concerto. What instrument are you using to busk with? Do you have any other mods that you think might interfere with this one?
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ThaMadd
How is that? The mod is working just fine for me. Are you busking close enough to people? And did you make sure to click "busk for tips" And then play a song or concerto. What instrument are you using to busk with? Do you have any other mods that you think might interfere with this one?

i actually was having problems with my save file. i can busk now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 8:57 AM
i actually was having problems with my save file. i can busk now.

Okay great.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 12:43 PM
how do I busk for tips? I can't find the option to do so
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shrclma

Make sure your actually on a lot then the option appears. In one area I remember It didn't show an option to busk, you might be in that area I am talking about. But even just playing your song or concerto you should still get tips even when the busking option isn't showing in that particular area, I can confirm, as I have done that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shrclma

You also need to be atleast at skill level four of the instrument your playin,. For that option to appear.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 1:10 AM
Thanks for making two versions!! My dream of a homeless singer is now complete <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Swearmanchild
Thanks for making two versions!! My dream of a homeless singer is now complete <3

Your very welcome! Glad I could complete your dream!
Instructor
#11 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 2:27 AM
Hi! I love the idea of this mod but can't get it to work. I've tried both the 5k tips package and the other package...I still get the same amount of $. $10 still is $10 no increase. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I made sure I'm on an actual lot and my musician is a level 10 skill in all instruments. Busking never appears unless i'm using the performance space..however If i'm playing an instrument on a lot like the Karaoke lot then sims will throw tips at my sim but It's never an increased amount like your mod says it should be.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rena2sweet4u
Hi! I love the idea of this mod but can't get it to work. I've tried both the 5k tips package and the other package...I still get the same amount of $. $10 still is $10 no increase. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I made sure I'm on an actual lot and my musician is a level 10 skill in all instruments. Busking never appears unless i'm using the performance space..however If i'm playing an instrument on a lot like the Karaoke lot then sims will throw tips at my sim but It's never an increased amount like your mod says it should be.

Hi rena, thanks for trying out the mod, That is pretty odd why it is not working for you. What game version are you using? Did you install the mod correctly? Do you have any other mods? Another person said they weren't getting tips at all and discovered it was an issue with there save file, and so they got it to work after that, so also maybe check that.
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 10:26 AM
Hey, I have the same problem as rena :/ I deleted all my other mods, but it still wouldn't work... What can there be wrong with the save file?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daWurmchen
Hey, I have the same problem as rena :/ I deleted all my other mods, but it still wouldn't work... What can there be wrong with the save file?

That person didn't elaborate of what was going on with the save file, so I am not sure exactly. But what game version do you have? This mod was made with 1.25 game version, It should work for all game versions as long as none of the updates changed busking. But If I have to I will remake and test the mod with the lastest game version if needed. But in the meantime I will try to find the problem and a solution for it, I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 10:19 AM
Hi rena, thanks for trying out the mod, That is pretty odd why it is not working for you. What game version are you using? Did you install the mod correctly? Do you have any other mods? Another person said they weren't getting tips at all and discovered it was an issue with there save file, and so they got it to work after that, so also maybe check that.
even with my new save file, it isn't working.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 9:01 PM
even with my new save file, it isn't working.

After creating a new save file, your just getting the normal tips? Or no tips at all?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 9:11 PM
Guys try deleting and re-downloading the mod. Also let me know if it actually shows up in the mods menu in game.
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 4:18 PM
Thanks for the mod.

It shows in the list and kinda works for me, but in a somewhat frustrating way. When my Sim is busking, I only get normal tips ($10 or $20).

However, when my Sim is watching a NPC entertainer, he GIVES huge tips away (last time it was $1,500+).

I will start a new game today and test to see if it still happens, as I have several other mods.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Piposquac
Thanks for the mod.

It shows in the list and kinda works for me, but in a somewhat frustrating way. When my Sim is busking, I only get normal tips ($10 or $20).

However, when my Sim is watching a NPC entertainer, he GIVES huge tips away (last time it was $1,500+).

I will start a new game today and test to see if it still happens, as I have several other mods.

Okay let me know if that fixes it.
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 2:54 AM
Okay let me know if that fixes it.

I have the latest version, and I have also started a new game - but this doesn't work for me. So sad!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sarerah86
I have the latest version, and I have also started a new game - but this doesn't work for me. So sad!

Okay I am ganna remake and test it with the later version and see if that is the problem.
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 3:09 PM
I have started a new game and the same thing happened. My Sim will only earn small tips.
When watching a NPC performer, however, my Sim will autonomously give them outrageous sums,

I have noticed that when you click a street performer (NPC) there's an option to give them $1000 as a tip; I guess that's part of the mod?

Even when actively asking for tips, my Sim will only receive ten or twenty bucks apiece.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Piposquac
I have started a new game and the same thing happened. My Sim will only earn small tips.
When watching a NPC performer, however, my Sim will autonomously give them outrageous sums,

I have noticed that when you click a street performer (NPC) there's an option to give them $1000 as a tip; I guess that's part of the mod?

Even when actively asking for tips, my Sim will only receive ten or twenty bucks apiece.

I still haven't gotten around to testing and remaking the mod in the latest version yet, been busy with rl stuff. I will get to it now to see if that is the problem some people are facing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 1:01 PM
Is this updated for the new pets expansion? I would love this mod!
Test Subject
#25 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 9:31 PM
Default Good question!
Quote: Originally posted by cristomite
Is this updated for the new pets expansion? I would love this mod!

I'd like to know that too.
Page 1 of 3