Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 2:30 AM Last edited by Aurialle : 13th Sep 2017 at 8:50 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [Solved] CC Order in Body Shop
I'm trying to get my skins to show up in geneticized order, and I've had no luck whatsoever. So far I've tried renaming the files and changing the display name in SimPE, sticking the genetic value at the beginning of the name in both cases, but so they're still showing in what appears to be a rather random order. Is there anything at all I can do to change the order that the skins are displayed? I've tried googling and searching the forum, but again no luck.
Advertisement
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 3:46 AM
Have NO clue if this will work but have you tried deleting thumbnails after renaming them? be warned tho, if you have loads of content, it might take forever to make new ones... when you go into buy mode/cas mode. Might freeze the game for a time.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 3:57 AM
Or just delete the CASThumbnails..and the buy/build mode won't be affected, since only skintones are renamed anyways?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 6:01 AM Last edited by clsve : 13th Sep 2017 at 7:41 AM.
You can do it in SimPE by changing the sortindex-value in the Binary Index (BINX) file in each SkinTone-package. In SimPE the values are displayed in Hex. Highest value comes first in BodyShop Any value up to 0xFFFFFFFF is possible to use.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 8:50 PM
The binary index method worked, thank you so much