Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 7:58 PM
Default contacting pescado
i don't know where i can put this comment and i know this might not be the place to share it here or something but: i've heard you can contact pescado if some website won't work anymore or if they change the link but how can i contact pescado??? i need to know about the paysides must be destroyed thing. i know in my earlier (other) topic i said: i'll wait till a week.
i wanna know how long it takes when the site is working again (it's still not working and it's been 3/4 days) i'm not the person who's patient with the most of the stuff before you ask!
do he have a email by any chance? if yes then let me know!!!
(i thought at first it was blocked at my home or so but i tried the website at my work and it isn't working either so i think the website is down and it isn't for the first time)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 8:02 PM
Keep being patient. It's been down longer before.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Keep being patient. It's been down longer before.

alright if you said so i'm just not patient, i guess i'll download something here or the other website called: thesimsresource (i know i'm not be patient with waiting for the download for 10 seconds (by thesimsresource) but if i put the music on it i'll keep calm )
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 9:15 PM
TSR has very few good recent TS2 downloads nowadays. Their TS3/TS4 pages get updates, but the TS2 section only gets a trickle of new stuff.

If you want some more sites to keep you busy while the booty is down, here's a site with lots of recent updates: http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/tagged/s2cc. Simscave also has a lot of recent updates: http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org...php?board=172.0 (not sure if you need to be logged in, though).
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
TSR has very few good recent TS2 downloads nowadays. Their TS3/TS4 pages get updates, but the TS2 section only gets a trickle of new stuff.

If you want some more sites to keep you busy while the booty is down, here's a site with lots of recent updates: http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/tagged/s2cc. Simscave also has a lot of recent updates: http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org...php?board=172.0 (not sure if you need to be logged in, though).

i don't care if the sims 2 stuff won't update anymore (or barely update) by TSR i just need the hair that's all (i really appreciate it if you keeps me updated about TSR though so i know something a bit more ) i've heard about tumblr too and i download some of the hair once too but i deleted it 1 time because i didn't want my parents to find out where the downloads came from (i use now Sims2Pack Clean Installer or how you called that, and my reasons are: 1. if i accidently delete something, the whole thing gets deleted after packing something out so if i use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer, it won't get deleted (unless when you go to downloads but i barely come from the downloads unless when something freeze and quit the came itself so i'd know when the freezes comes from). 2.you know when something is safe or not (if you see something red then the chance of the sims (1,2,3 or 4) being crashing is pretty much high although i know by now how to delete something safely and 3. the Sims2Pack Clean Installer recognize most of the stuff like, hair, hacks, eyes, skintones and so forth) but i've never heard about simscave.mustbedestroyed thing. well i actually did a few days before but i thought it was just a forum (i just made a account 30 minutes or so ago so i can download all of the stuff now ) thanks for the link now i can keep myself busy when i'm done with this site and the TSR thing (which i'm not done with both of the website for a little while since both of them has a lot of hair and other stuff ).
and just so you know there is this other link called www.coolsims.net and i haven't even download the hair there yet
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 10:47 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 14th Oct 2017 at 11:49 PM.
You can get much better made hair off Tumblr.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#7 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 11:38 PM Last edited by Charmful : 15th Oct 2017 at 3:07 AM. Reason: I am queen of linking
Step 1: Google 'ts2 hair data base'
Step 2: click on the link that says 'all the hairs'
Step 3: browse and download hairs like a kid in a candy store.

That should keep your impatience busy with hairs.
Edit: Okay not on mobile anymore so I return bearing a link, so you can forget steps 1 and 2.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 11:49 PM
Or google hat plays sims.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 3:03 AM
I don't know if you'd be interested in this, but if there are any Maxis hairs that you don't like you can replace them from the Default Database:

https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/320907.html

There is some good stuff there. I spend far too much time on that site.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 4:25 AM
I use TSR now sometimes. Be aware that the booty came out at a time when this stuff was for pay. It's been a while since TSR offered this for free. I held out for a while before succumbing.

Please know, though, that if you don't have an ad-blocker and a skipper, you might be bombarded with ads or have to wait a while for the download. People who whitelisted have reported problem ads, and claim that the waiting time really isn't that much shorter. Also, it can take a while for stuff to load (at least for me). One advantage to the Booty is that you often don't have to download each blasted part of a set separately. That can happen on TSR, and the loading and/or wait times can be really annoying if that set has 15 or 20 parts or more! The Booty frequently lets you download the whole set at once.

There is other stuff to keep you occupied, if TSR proves to be a pain.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 4:29 AM
In my experience, uBlock Origin works perfectly on TSR - nothing slipped by. It can also sometimes bypass the 60-second wait for using an adblocker.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 7:18 AM
You wait for ten seconds - I have never had to wait for 60? Then I have not been downloading from there for long. But I downloaded several building sets during a building competition not so long ago - and I downloaded some clothes last week. Takes a lot longer to download from some other sites for me (the graveyard, for one).

Ten seconds is not that long to wait if you want something. How long did it take the OP to start the thread?

@gazania - I think that you can either download a set - or items of the set separately - if you go to the mesh, it is normally part of the whole set and if you view the whole set, you can download it. At least, that is how I downloaded the build stuff by Cyclonesue and some others.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 8:03 AM
I find this thread title so amusing, because if any of us did manage to contact Pescado, he'd probably just tell us to "be less stupid" and then demand we get off his lawn. He's a charming fellow like that, once hollered at me for a rather impressive text wall because I'd used the batbox to upgrade Julian Cooke for pre-Uni and didn't realize that would result in his memories being a little out of order.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I find this thread title so amusing, because if any of us did manage to contact Pescado, he'd probably just tell us to "be less stupid" and then demand we get off his lawn. He's a charming fellow like that, once hollered at me for a rather impressive text wall because I'd used the batbox to upgrade Julian Cooke for pre-Uni and didn't realize that would result in his memories being a little out of order.

That reminded me of his post here. XD

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=299586

So yeah, I usually don't post stuff here because it's bothersome and messy, but this needed a wider audience since all the sheep are complaining about it and I don't want them all visiting me. You damn kids, stay off my lawn.

Download direct-linked below because I may update it frequently as additional issues are found. And you damn kids, stay off my lawn! I mean it! I'll use the hose on you, I mean it! Damn kids.

I also remember him complaining about the Mods deleting his hate mail and the hate mail was the best part. XD

And you only get a 60 second wait on TSR if you use an ad blocker, so TSR can whine at you for depriving them of their hard earned ad revenue.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 8:20 AM
Oh, that (60 vs 10 seconds) makes sense, @Charity - I don't mind the ads and the reason is that, living in SA, the ads on TSR are all South African here and I am so used seeing them everywhere in any case Trust my fellow country persons not to pass on advertising opportunities. (I see them here as well).
Mad Poster
#16 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 10:09 AM
You can avoid the 60 second wait BTW by right-clicking and open in new tab. I discovered this by accident. I merely open the link in another window and watch the timer while browsing MTS or more downloads, so I don't miss it.

Unfortunately I find the ads on TSR to be totally obnoxious and they slow my browser right down, so the adblock is staying! Besides, I feel irrationally annoyed by a site insisting that I MUST disable my adblock, so I rarely ever do when they ask me in such a rude way. I do however whitelist sites which I appreciate and visit often, as long as the ads aren't too bad. For example, SimFileShare (though this doesn't seem to work), and I've just noticed MTS isn't whitelisted, so I ought to do that.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 10:27 AM
I find opening T$R in a new tab affords me a count down button that doesn't count down. <_<

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Unfortunately I find the ads on TSR to be totally obnoxious and they slow my browser right down, so the adblock is staying! Besides, I feel irrationally annoyed by a site insisting that I MUST disable my adblock, so I rarely ever do when they ask me in such a rude way. I do however whitelist sites which I appreciate and visit often, as long as the ads aren't too bad. For example, SimFileShare (though this doesn't seem to work), and I've just noticed MTS isn't whitelisted, so I ought to do that.

After the Forbes incident I never turn off adblock.

Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 3:46 PM
i delete my comment because i said something too earlier i thought i found the link from the paysites must be destroyed but i found out it isn't working at all. (the link itself works but the cc's and other stuff won't work)
but thanks for the links you guys put it in here i appreciate it ;-)
now I can move forward with the downloads for the time being till the link is working again (it's been 5 days now but i'll keep waiting and download the hair somewhere else like this site, the TSR site or some other website's)

and like frogz2007 said: it's just a fan page and i do have facebook and stuff but i don't do anything with it. expect talking to my family and friends that's all
Mad Poster
#20 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Did you not see that it's a fan page? On top of that, it hasn't seen a post since 2014...

I don't use facebook so no I did not know it was just a fan page, it is deleted now and thanks for the info.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#21 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:09 PM
J. M. Pescado Last Active: 2017 October 14, 15:39:00 http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ion=profile;u=1

He is still active and can still be contacted at MATY.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#22 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:35 PM
Somebody should write a standard reply to questions about the Booty. Something like: "In our experience, it is normal for the site to go down at times." End of story.
Inventor
#23 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:48 PM
With a header that says:

Field Researcher
#24 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Somebody should write a standard reply to questions about the Booty. Something like: "In our experience, it is normal for the site to go down at times." End of story.

Maybe even a sticky:

Title: Posting About The Booty/PSMBD

Please DO NOT create threads along the lines of "The Booty is down!" or "PSMBD is gone!"
In our experience, it is normal for the site to go down at times. It will come back eventually.
Creating threads like this is pointless, as the only answer you will get is "Just wait for it to come back."
Please be patient.
Inventor
#25 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 6:07 PM
You forgot the "NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!" at the end.
Page 1 of 6