Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 5:15 PM
Default STEAM Sale!
Finally! Steam Sale! All Sims 3 EPs/SPs are 75% off. Some are bundled like last time (pets was bundled with the base game for $7.49).

Time to top off my collection!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 6:16 PM
Yep. I picked up Pets (which mysteriously was not on solo discount last time - this time everything is).
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 7:58 PM
Steam has sales on all the sims EPs occasionally. Thanks to past sales, I've been able to get all EPs for less than $10, usually $7 or $5. It's pretty awesome! I also adore Steam because you get unlimited downloads of the game, unlike Origin.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scklsy
Steam has sales on all the sims EPs occasionally. Thanks to past sales, I've been able to get all EPs for less than $10, usually $7 or $5. It's pretty awesome! I also adore Steam because you get unlimited downloads of the game, unlike Origin.

Can you buy from Steam if the rest of your expansions have all been bought through Origin?
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#5 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdwitch
Can you buy from Steam if the rest of your expansions have all been bought through Origin?

I think you can only buy and install SPs and EPs on Steam if you have the game bought on Steam too.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 8:27 PM
Origin also allows unlimited downloads, if what was meant was installs on various computers that the player owns. It's just that only one instance of the game can be running on an internet-connected computer at a time. It's disc installs that had some sort of 5-install limit on them. Whether Origin is stable enough for anyone to want to run TS3 on various computers that way might be a different question, but it is what it is.

Yes, the base game purchase on Steam is required to purchase the EP/SPs that way.

If you have an Origin install and plan to keep it that way, you can purchase the base game (again) on Steam and then the EP/SPs that you want. They throw in an Origin code for each one at no extra charge, so you can then add the EP/SP to your Origin setup if you want. But you cannot mix Origin and Steam actual installs on the same computer and you cannot go in the other direction -- Origin codes won't work on a Steam install.