Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 5:53 PM Last edited by blyneliaivel : 28th Oct 2017 at 6:06 PM.
Default What are your skin&eyes defaults? How often you tend to change them?
I got curious.
Mine are Kurasoberina's "Primer" (skin) and Simtanico Inquisition (eyes) def. repl.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 6:24 PM
Currently undecided with my defaults. XD I have been in limbo with them for a while. All of Simtanico's eyes look great, though, that's for sure.

I imagine it might be tough to switch up default skin these days if one is perusing new downloads, because while there are tons of ND skins released, very few are for all ages.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 6:45 PM
Currently using DDeathflower's Fairy Punch as my default after using the Innocent Bones skin for so long. I tend to change them up at the least every 3-6 months, but my main issue?

I still don't have a default eye that I like. I've tried a lot, and I like my current eyes on some sims, but they look bad on sims with darker eye colors. :/
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 8:33 AM
I never change mine and the only ones I have are some nude ones (!) with the no censor. I think I am old enough to see nekkid sims. LOL
Forum Resident
#5 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 11:00 AM Last edited by Pary : 29th Oct 2017 at 11:12 AM.
I hadn't changed my skin defaults since 2009, until last year when I switched to using Neiuro's Mango Smoothie default Skin and I use brntwaffles MS93 Ephemera Eye blend

I haven't seen the Fairy Punch blend before, but that's really pretty, and I downloaded that one too

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Scholar
#6 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 4:21 PM
I generally use burntwaffles' Wild Blue for skin, but often switch back to kurosaberina's Primer.
For eyes, I tend to take burntwaffles making Charlotte's Clear Eyes a default. I try to change it, but keep switching back to Clear Eyes.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 5:23 PM Last edited by velvetmagras : 29th Oct 2017 at 9:38 PM.
For the past 3 yrs (including my last 12 month haitus from playing) I've been using Kurasoberina's Starfruit Defined Eyes Default skin ( simsfile link ) which is very lovely and non-barbie. Before that, I was using another lovely skin labeled 'littlecat's Vintage Cider Default' which I absolutely adored for many, many years but was a barbie skin (I think, it's been a while and I haven't been able track down the original dl page). I tend to go for skins that could be said to be Maxis Match and that shade to beautiful 'black' skins that are not simply darkened 'white' skins (very important to me). Apparently I'm rather loyal to my skins; I've been playing since the game was released and pretty much used just these two skins the entire time. (I have tried others but they never lasted more than a few gameplay hours)

Gotta be honest, it never really occured to me to use non-EA eyes, mostly because my rig isn't the greatest and I assumed that I wouldn't really be able see them in-game, so kinda not much point. Plus, I'm not too keen on really realistic (hehe) eyes and without actively looking (hehe) properly for a style that would suit me, the hyper-real eyes are the only ones I've seen (hehe). However, I'm a lot interested in what others here are using and it wouldn't take much to make me at least try some beautiful eyes, particularly as my current sim heir already has ridiculously pretty eyes. Be nice to see them enhanced.

So, yep, I'm already looking for new eyes.

I love my pc because my sims live in it
Forum Resident
#8 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 8:00 PM
Default Skin: KBPrimerHDPlusDEFAULTSkinFIXED and KBHDSpecularDefaultReplacementFIXED
Default Eyes: Escand_DEFohmyeyes

Previous default skins have been older versions of KB's or when I first started using default skin it was one of Navetsea's. The reason for the change is because I wasn't fond of the spray paint kind of look and prefer something that looks subtle, natural and near realistic.

I'm not interested in changing what I have now because I prefer this appearance in my game. Though I do wish for not so clear skin, not freckles, but like acne, blemishes that sort of thing. Would be nice to have more variety for some non-default skins like that.