Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 1:07 PM
Default What does this means on Hoodchecker - Lot 16 contains two families (Family Instance)?
Family Instances:
Lot 16 contains two families: CAS, Lothario

I've never seen this notice on Hoodchecker and tryied to google what it means but couldn't find any posts about it. I found this a bit strange because its a just a cleaned backed up hood (no sims or lots, just deco's) I plop down to neighborhood folder and got this when I ran Hoodchecker after creating the first household which is CAS (where all my sims are called before I adjust their characteristics on a "edit sim" lot). I haven't used anything regarding Lothario (himself or his lot), so I found this a bit strange , Anyone? :facaslap:

Is this just a glitch or neighborhood corrupted?

Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 1:29 PM
Hmm, how did you clean the 'hood? Did it previously have sims and lots in it which you deleted?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 1:34 PM
Clean up Hood - EMPTY template with no townies. There were NO sims in the hood, not even townies (which are supressed with no *Sim of this type* mods) before adding eight cas to it. I've custom CAS templates which I withdrawed (transported?) from SimPE and then clone them in Bodyshop (the way you suppose to do it) and never caused issues before.

What Im a bit loss is how Hoodchecked mention a Premade family which I've never touched.
Inventor
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 3:12 PM
Could it be that the empty template wasn't actually empty from the start? I think Jawusa's empty hood templates are the best clean and empty hood templates we have at the moment: http://modthesims.info/t/544800.

I'm not sure what the problem would be if you used hers. From Jawusa's post at http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...576#post4670576, it seems that the ones from MATY may not have been cleaned/emptied as thoroughly and may contain some leftover data.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 3:22 PM
The thing is that I've been using same hood multiple times and same method for years, without getting that message on Hoodchecker.. and what Im trying to ask is WHAT it means when hoodchecker warns that a lot has two families, why HOW it happened.

Because this actual hood IS empty. Otherwise I would get the warning the entire time I used Hood checker. I used the method where you removed the pre-made townies from the installation files before running ANY hood and that was years ago and worked fine. The only recent thing I did was copy the hood's deco with Hoodreplacer, but even then the actual hood was empty,... well apart from a special NPC I added a year ago, but that npc (Sister Cheeky) also didn't cause any Hoodchecker warnings.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 11:00 PM
Has the character file grown? Have you installed some type on NPC containing CC?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 12:32 AM
When you say "removed the pre-made townies from the installation files", do you mean that you replaced the entire N001 folder with a new one? Or just that you deleted the files in the N001/Characters folder?

From the error, it sounds like both the FAMI resources for the CAS family and the Lothario family in your 'hood package have the same Lot Instance. That's worrying, because there shouldn't be a FAMI resource for the Lothario family in an empty 'hood - and that is why I'm not convinced that your 'hood is really empty.

Origin did push an update to UC the other day, did that perhaps mess up your empty 'hood template?

If you want, you can upload your N00x_Neighbourhood.package and I'll check it.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 1:38 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 3rd Nov 2017 at 2:15 PM.
Joandsarah, none of the files didnt grow - just eight sims plus three npc thats generated from using a relgious mod by Chris Hatch (thats adjusted by Hat Play sims (LINK ), which give a clothing, hat and statue CC. but never gave a lot instance before. This is the only NPC I use (and never will delete). Downloaded lots I use are from Stephsims medieval lots and some top rated users like StoffelSim's Boulevard ones.

I had a character file that had that User (plus number) with an extra .1, but I get that in every custom hood which I think is a sim that's not finished generated (newspaper sim?), or at least that's what I was told before.

I decided to re-start the hood because it was only one household and without any created sims, so no big work done, the hoodchecker doesn't give me any errors. Without entering cas, it has 12 lots and the packages. Im going to test run it by only adding one CAS sims to see if I get the same error.

Nyasha: I don't use Orgins or UC.

EDIT: So, now I've created a Sim and Let the relgious mod generate the three "deities nps" as I normally do it, and exited the game. I did it twice, one in the hood where I have the lots in and one it the hood thats a clone without the lots via Hoodreplace.

Hoodcheckers result is NORMAL and I didn't get the "lot contains two families" on either hood.
User File Warnings:
Sim has no Character file: 0x0001 SimID=0x006D2D02 (NPC The Sister)
Family Ties:
Sim Relations:
Sim Wants and Fears:
Memories:

A bit odd, must have been something borked when I copied the hood last time or the Saved Sim's CAS I used before. I don't think it has anything to do with the empty templates as others here suspects because I've never got that Hoodchecker error before.