Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Animated Rain and Snow

by Snowhaze Posted 9th Nov 2017 at 1:15 AM - Updated 9th Nov 2017 at 1:43 AM by Snowhaze

68 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 45 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 1:27 AM
inb4 before this blows up with popularity. fantastic job!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 2:02 AM
Oh, you guys did it!!! Thanks so much, I just hope it doesn't rain all the time now.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunamist2
Oh, you guys did it!!! Thanks so much, I just hope it doesn't rain all the time now.

Hi,
You are totally in control of this weather. Put in rain or snow when you want them. They will turn on the moment your Sim is on the lot. When you are finished using them, simply delete them as you would any other object and presto, it's back to clear skies.

Snowhaze
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 2:28 AM
This is amazing, Good job! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 2:33 AM
I love u I been waiting for this cant wait to see it in my game THANK U
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 4:14 AM
Nice work. Last winter I did my snow thing. This winter you give us yours. Maybe next winter Maxis will finally give us theirs. (Then again, at the rate their EPs come out for TS4, maybe not.) But my favourite weather in the game is always rain. So thank you very much for this, Snowhaze.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Nice work. Last winter I did my snow thing. This winter you give us yours. Maybe next winter Maxis will finally give us theirs. (Then again, at the rate their EPs come out for TS4, maybe not.) But my favourite weather in the game is always rain. So thank you very much for this, Snowhaze.

Hi,
I'm guessing they will leave it for last or next to last. They seem to always do that with things you really want.
I'm glad you like the rain. I missed it too.
By the way, I loved you snow mod. I still have it in game.

Snowhaze
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 12:45 PM
Thanks so much for this addition to the game! Just out of curiosity, can we use this and the other snow mod together?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackQueen1212
Thanks so much for this addition to the game! Just out of curiosity, can we use this and the other snow mod together?

Hi,
Absolutely. They are completely different mods. You can also mix rain and snow (either type).

Have fun experimenting!
Snowhaze
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 1:51 PM
This is genius! Thank you for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 2:11 PM
This is amazing! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 4:45 PM
THE EFFECT IS VERY VERY SLOW, snow are right, but rain is more fast i presume! wait for next update!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 5:42 PM
This is awesome!! THANK YOU
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cah3ms
THE EFFECT IS VERY VERY SLOW, snow are right, but rain is more fast i presume! wait for next update!!!

Hi,
I can't imagine why the snow would be slower than the rain, as they are recolors of each other with an identical mesh. The only thing I can think of is that you may have placed more objects than your computer could handle. Though the mesh is low poly, the poly count will add up as you add more of any item. As a result, animations may slow down as your computer tries to make them all work simultaneously.

I hope this helps.
Snowhaze
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 6:03 PM
Yes, rain definitelly has to be faster since it's actually aerodynamic, unlike snow. I like the speed of snow, but rain would look so much better if it was a bit faster than snow is.

BTW, Great job on this!

EDIT: In your examples of the effects, rain looks much slower than the snow. You might need to make them separate objects, since you want them to move at different speeds.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 6:39 PM
Well done! It's creators like you that keep the game interesting! Much love <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 9:10 PM
HOLY MOTHER FREAKIN' TONGUE!!! Can I just say WEATHER WIZARD?!?!! I have been waiting for a mod like this and I cannot WAIT to test it out!! (Hopefully it doesn't break like all my other mods with the latest update) but THANK YOU for this!!! :3
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 9:53 PM
Very cool!Do the effects also have sound?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dalilacuderan
Very cool!Do the effects also have sound?

Hi,
No sound is included. You can , however, add your own by having a fountain on the grounds.

Snowhaze
Test Subject
#21 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snowhaze
Hi,
No sound is included. You can , however, add your own by having a fountain on the grounds.

Snowhaze

I really do not know how to do this, but thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 10:46 PM
I'm blown away! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 2:48 AM
Awesome job! I'm so excited to try this! :-D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 3:07 AM
I'm going to cry this is great hahahah thank you so much!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 5:22 AM
Amazing! So close to seasons!
Page 1 of 3