Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 11:15 AM
Right now, it's when I have the free time and the motivation to play.

I really should try to trim back all the CC, but I'm also lazy. So I have to wait for about 20 minutes while the game loads.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 4:08 AM
I'll usually play at night, after work and supper. I'll put on a podcast and some music, play for a couple of hours, then go to bed. The podcast helps me moderate things. I'll also play a little on Sunday afternoons if I don't have plans,.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 6:07 AM
before graduating college - anytime I want
now that I'm an adult in the workforce - lemme pencil that in....next...year?
Alchemist
#29 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
@mdsb759 - I'd assume you already know this, but for anyone who doesn't: never, ever, EVER use the disk defrag on a solid-state drive (SSD). The only thing it does is wear it out faster. I'd argue that defragging is a bit redundant on modern machines, but that's another story entirely.
did not know; not sure if I ever had such a drive. what to look for and where to check?
Mad Poster
#30 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
did not know; not sure if I ever had such a drive. what to look for and where to check?

More than likely is that you have a mechanical hard drive - solid-state drives tend to be smaller and run on the expensive side. Grab something like Speccy to check what the drive is.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#31 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 2:31 AM
Week day evenings after work. I'll play while I watch Netflix or something on TV.

If I have something time-consuming or technical planned, like if I'm building or I'm planning a big wedding on a community lot, I'll wait until a weekend morning because I don't have the mental capacity to deal with that after work.
Alchemist
#32 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 10:01 PM
More than likely is that you have a mechanical hard drive - solid-state drives tend to be smaller and run on the expensive side. Grab something like Speccy to check what the drive is.
downloaded the free version and installed it on my gaming computer. but when I tried to run it, a message came up telling that it encountered a problem and needed to close.
Scholar
#33 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 11:37 PM
When I feel like it and I have a few hours I'd like to spend playing computer games. Will probably be playing more in January (as that sort of time slot is currently coveted by an online course I'm doing for work). Typically, I play for 3-4 hours, and do as many single-day (9 am to 9 am) stints as possible in that time. The houses played are usually randomly selected, but this rotation, I'm making sure every single house gets a turn, because it's the last rotation of the Sim year (as in, next rotation, it's a new year as far as SimHampton is concerned)..
Mad Poster
#34 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 11:50 PM
downloaded the free version and installed it on my gaming computer. but when I tried to run it, a message came up telling that it encountered a problem and needed to close.

You might need to run as administrator.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#35 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 12:05 AM
You might need to run as administrator.
have been an administrator on the computer.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 12:30 AM Last edited by Debby1957 : 30th Nov 2017 at 4:10 AM.
My son has multiple medical problems and my Uncle had a stroke. I am both of their's sole caregiver. One day while being bored I turned on an old computer my children had. My children had TS2 installed on the old computer. So I checked it out and started playing it. It wasn't long after that they gave away the Ultimate Collection. Then I really got hooked. The old computer gave out and I bought a refurbished one.

I load my game every morning and play it until it is time to feed my son and Uncle breakfast. I leave the game up and come back to it until lunch time, then play til dinner, do the dishes, play until I put everyone to bed. And then start new the next day. My rotations are generally 1 sims week.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 2:02 AM
I typically play evenings after dinner. I first turn on youtube to have music in the background. It's an escape from real life and relaxing for me. On the weekends when I have more chunks of time I might start a new story or play a round of rotations in my hood. I vary how long I play each house. It depends on what mood I'm in. My favorite time to play is when I have a snow day (I'm a teacher) and I can play all day and look out the window at the snow and listen to my favorite tunes.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 10:39 AM

That's odd then. There's another way to find out what drive you have. Get to the Device Manager (usually right-clicking Computer/My Computer, there should be a button in the properties window somewhere), look under Disk drives. It should be listed under there. Something like this:

You can already tell a few things from this - WDC stands for "Western Digital Corporation," and SCSI is one of the different connectors for hard drives (the main ones I can recall are IDE, SATA, SCSI, though due to a strange quirk with my system, both my hard drives are actually SATA drives misidentified as SCSI). Furthermore, if you search the model number, you should get the exact specs itself.

Forum Resident
#39 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 12:46 AM
a new development has occured in my life so my sims playing schedule has moved from next year to
*hopelessly looking at simblrs and pinterest posts while Im at work
*downloads some cc cos MAYBE I could play one day
*one day hasn't come yet, my friends
Mad Poster
#40 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 1:18 AM

Sometimes, even if you are an administrator, some stuff refuses to work unless you right click and 'run as administrator'.
Page 2 of 2