Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hold that newspaper and phone between actions and queue cell actions during calls

by Lamare Posted 26th Nov 2017 at 3:51 PM - Updated 28th Nov 2017 at 3:22 PM by Lamare

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 4:04 PM
Thank you so much.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 4:50 PM
This is a needed mod for those of us who hate when Sims do frustratingly silly things. Thanks for bringing back a little realism to the game.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 4:53 PM
My dream is fulfilled. Yes! Will have you test this out
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 5:11 PM
I love this mod. It's a much needed improvement to both mods. Even without the keep holding thing it would be awesome, always bugged me that call options disappear when using the phone so you had to queue up everything before starting. The keep holding is the cherry on top of the delicious sundae. Great idea, great execution. Thank you for sharing with the rest of us
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 7:34 PM
Every time I think TS2 can't be improved upon and that it's reached its maximum potential, someone like you comes along and makes mods like this. Such a small thing, but such a big annoyance. Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 9:02 PM
OMG, the cellphone thing drove me bonkers. Thanks so much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 3:06 AM
a truly frightening degree of common sense for TS2! >_<
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 12:59 PM
You are the most wonderful person in the world!
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 1:33 PM
Do not know if there are any people using the phone while sitting down? This MOD
just a girl
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 2:21 PM Last edited by Lamare : 27th Nov 2017 at 2:33 PM.
Thanks guys

@wolilinbin, oh, I don't think they can talk on the phone while sitting down. At least I don't remember seeing that...
I mean the sims in game, not people.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 2:30 PM
The Newspaper mod works like a charm. Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 8:15 AM
Fabulous! Any chance you can do the same for baby interactions? I hate it when they put their baby on the floor and then pick it up for the next interaction in their queue.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 12:41 PM
Love this, but my sims are no longer able to put newspapers (old or new) in the compost.
just a girl
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 3:39 PM
@SciBirg, do they? I thought they could hold babies between actions and drop it when they want to do something else. But I aggree the putting on the floor thing is unpleasant anyway. They should use a crib. Although, I'd be surprised if there isn't a mod for that already. I think I saw something like this. Or was it Sims 3?

@blockparty, mine are. Do you have other mods for newspapers? There might be a conflict. If you don't, could you describe what happens or post an error log?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 7:40 PM
I'm sorry, it appears I was mistaken and the missing compost option is unrelated to your mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 12:25 AM
So useful. Thank you!
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#18 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 2:41 AM
Love it!! Thank you so much <3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 9:59 AM
I'm not into newspapers, but the phone one is definitely one of the best mods ever! Thanks a lot!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 7:26 PM
Thank you, Lamare. It always bugged me that the sims would get up from reading the newspaper and put it down just to pick it up to look for a job or do the crossword. Again, many thanks!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 2:18 PM
Love the newspaper mod ... allows Sims to read the paper in a realistic manner. I love being able to queue which sections of the newspaper Sims read according to their interests; and it is executed flawlessly.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#22 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 9:03 PM
Thanks! It is good. I think you are able to make a mod that sims can use their cell phones while they are sitting, I always wanted that since I saw in The Sims 4.
just a girl
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mrcnlbyrk
Thanks! It is good. I think you are able to make a mod that sims can use their cell phones while they are sitting, I always wanted that since I saw in The Sims 4.

I did some experiments. The animation doesn't look good, and I decided to give up on the idea. I didn't want it bad enough to learn how to do animations.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 11:50 PM
i give it a try ;-)
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#25 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 3:38 PM
I hope you make a cell phone version of this mod. It's what I actually need.
Page 1 of 2