Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 2:12 PM Last edited by gabilei123 : 9th Dec 2017 at 10:23 PM.
Default Problem with Transparency
I tried to separate the valance from the veil of dreams, and make them changing the color separately.
With the one tile version I had no problem, but the two tile version drives me nuts!

This is the result:

If both parts are transparent and you are looking from the side, the lower part covers the valance.

Here is my work: http://filehorst.de/d/cFDyEqbu
It would be very nice, if someone could check, what I have done wrong.

Thank you.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 2:29 PM
I have similar problem when placing transparent mesh behind the other transparent one. It seems that when south mesh is behind the north facing one, the south one will always prevail. I think that reversing faces of the mesh can't solve the problem. I guess that the game is designed that way.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 9:29 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th Nov 2018 at 10:00 PM.
Actually, transparency has to do with the layering of the mesh groups. They should go from inner to outer layer in the order you want them to layer (inner layer at the top, outer layer at the bottom). If you put them in the wrong order, there will be bleeding-through problems, and they'll layer wrong. The "blend" setting in the TXMT can be tricky and very annoying to work with.

I'll take a guess and say that the mesh file has the white curly deco on the top and the curtains at the bottom in the list of mesh groups in SimPE. It should be opposite

If you find it difficult to layer properly when exporting as OBJ in MIlkshape you can instead use the exporter you'd normally use for clothes, and use right-click and replace. It keeps the layers in the right order.

A neat trick is to apply the texture you're using to the mesh.

(Just an additional bit of info - but for CAS items like hairs and clothes, and for animated objects, you should also use the Opacity setting in the comments if there's transparency anywhere)

You can easily spot layering issues in Milkshape when you apply the texture you want to use (needs to be a PNG with any alpha/transparency included. a PSD or TIFF file don't give you the same result).
Example pics below - if the "milk" part is at the bottom of the list, the glass behaves strange.
(If the transparency looks weird in Milkshape, make sure it's set to "alpha with reference" and 0.5 or below)
Screenshots