Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Brush The Bad Taste Away UPDATED

by lemememeringue Posted 20th Jan 2018 at 10:39 PM - Updated 14th Nov 2018 at 3:31 AM by lemememeringue : removed script version for patch compatibility

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 11:51 PM
oh! A reason to brush teeth! Thank you! I really like the brushing teeth animation, but sims never do it autonomously, and I have no reason to want my sims confident, so I never tell them to do so. Now I'll have a use for it! Thank you!
If there was a way to allow them to do it themselves that'd be even better <3<3<3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 12:00 PM
Thank you. :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 5:15 PM
Thanks for this!

Now having them brush their teeth is something I will do again lol
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 7:17 PM
Would it be possible to make it so that having one of the moodlets that can be cleared by brushing had a chance to trigger a whim to brush? Also, I'd like to toss a vote towards making brushing autonomous when one of those moodlets is active.

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dadditude
Would it be possible to make it so that having one of the moodlets that can be cleared by brushing had a chance to trigger a whim to brush? Also, I'd like to toss a vote towards making brushing autonomous when one of those moodlets is active.

It's definitely possible; the trick is how few resources can I override in the process. I will look into this!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 6:47 PM
I loving the non confidant brush can u do this. Can u do one that uses the freshen up on the makeup mirrors from vintage please i dont want to feel flirty when i just trying to look good to look good u know.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 10:36 PM
Thanks! Love this!
Instructor
#9 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 7:58 AM
I wish they would autonomously brush their teeth - at least in the mornings LOL
And Adults should be able to brush their Toddlers teeth too. Mod is need for that
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lataya25
I loving the non confidant brush can u do this. Can u do one that uses the freshen up on the makeup mirrors from vintage please i dont want to feel flirty when i just trying to look good to look good u know.

Unfortunately I don't have that pack yet! ¡Lo siento!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LuvMySimz
I wish they would autonomously brush their teeth - at least in the mornings LOL

Just what these poor pixels need, morning breath. I might be able to manage that...
And Adults should be able to brush their Toddlers teeth too. Mod is need for that

If anyone's willing to make the animation, I'd gladly write the code. :D
Instructor
#12 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lemememeringue
Just what these poor pixels need, morning breath. I might be able to manage that...

If anyone's willing to make the animation, I'd gladly write the code. :D

That would be great! Thanks for taking it into consideration. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 4:28 PM
Fruitcake gets such a bad rep!...and for no apparent reason! I love fruitcake, beautiful with a cup of tea. Leave fruitcake alone Sims 4, it demands to exist and not be discriminated against. [Pretty good mod though...downloaded! Cheers!]
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:18 AM
works with 1.44 seasons?
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 9:03 PM
compatible with seasons??
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 6:17 PM
Hi! Can you add previous no autonomous version of this mod too? (So, the right question should be - Can you fix this version please?) I ask because I have the newest one and my sims all the time brush their teeths, even when they don't have to.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 5:13 AM
Thanks for bringing it back!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dominisiak
Hi! Can you add previous no autonomous version of this mod too? (So, the right question should be - Can you fix this version please?) I ask because I have the newest one and my sims all the time brush their teeths, even when they don't have to.

Yes I've added back the no-autonomy version! Thank-you for letting me know as I hadn't yet seen this in my own game (I have now, however ). I'll keep trying with the autonomy!
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 8:38 PM
Thanks for the return of non-autonomous version And good luck in trying with the autonomous one! Also I want to say that you done good job with this mod
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 5:11 PM
Thank you for the non-autonomous version as well. Townies and my simmies were lining up at the sinks in community lots like it was a fair ride.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 8:19 AM
I wish they would autonomously brush their teeth - at least in the mornings

Version 2.1 now has a very primitive "morning breath" possibility! Not every morning (or whatever their sleep schedule allows), but Sims' oral hygiene will drop a small chunk every time they sleep. No custom moodlets yet, tho!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 8:37 PM
This looks so great, I love more realism for my sims.

Unfortunately, I seem to be getting a script error with MC Command Center installed. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do about it or what the affect of it is. I tried in a new save with just MCCC and this mod and got the same error. I have 2.1 with autonomous interactions installed, but I haven't seen them brush their teeth autonomously yet, even when they have a negative food buff, although it's possible I missed it at some point since the duration seems super short now (I think you shortened it, but it seems a little too fast, that might just be a personal preference thing, but I thought I'd mention it just in case it's related). Brushing did seem to remove the fruitcake buff when I directed them to though, and they're not getting the minty fresh buff (I have the version without buffs). Here's the error, in case it's helpful for you:

[Sep-23-2018 12:01:07]Initializing MC Command Center version: 5.1.0...
[Sep-23-2018 12:01:10]Traceback (most recent call last):
File ".\mc_injections.py", line 254, in inject_load_data_into_class_instances
File "C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\BrushTheBadTasteAwayAUTO--lemememeringue.ts4script\injector.py", line 11, in _inject
return new_function(target_function, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\BrushTheBadTasteAwayAUTO--lemememeringue.ts4script\bad_taste.py", line 18, in lemememeringue_inject_BadTaste
buff._loot_on_addition += template._loot_on_addition
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '_loot_on_addition'

[Sep-23-2018 12:02:28]Initializing Zone Data...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss Puff
Unfortunately, I seem to be getting a script error with MC Command Center installed. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do about it or what the affect of it is. I tried in a new save with just MCCC and this mod and got the same error. I have 2.1 with autonomous interactions installed, but I haven't seen them brush their teeth autonomously yet, even when they have a negative food buff, although it's possible I missed it at some point since the duration seems super short now (I think you shortened it, but it seems a little too fast, that might just be a personal preference thing, but I thought I'd mention it just in case it's related). Brushing did seem to remove the fruitcake buff when I directed them to though, and they're not getting the minty fresh buff (I have the version without buffs). Here's the error, in case it's helpful for you...

this is very helpful! I don't think I'd shortened the time but I'll double check. concerning the LE, do you have vampires installed by chance? my first guess is that the code is trying to change a buff you don't have. (my second guess is I made a typo :p)
Field Researcher
#24 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 8:06 AM
I do not have Vampires installed, sorry for the delayed reply!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 2:14 AM
Will this be updated for the 11/13/18 Get Famous update?
Page 1 of 2