Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Townie Sims Visit Community Lot (+ Business Lot's Customer)

by piqiwi Posted 25th Jan 2018 at 10:40 PM - Updated 8th Jan 2019 at 4:11 PM by piqiwi

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:55 PM
Congrats on your first TS2 mod, this will sure comes in handy! I should be able to try it soon...or not as I am not ready to launch my game just yet. But thank you very much, this is the kind of mod I like
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 6:06 PM
Thanks, I was already thinking about searching one but now you made it very easy for me, as soon as I saw this I downloaded this because a mall shouldn't have just three other visitors apart from your household
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 9:03 AM
Thanks, I mind Maxis amount of Townies in Community Lot just not much and should have bit more.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 3:28 PM
Well, I could finally try this!
I am playing the Beginning Of..(my new 'Hood) so there is not many sims yet, but I created all my Townies:
Among them I have...15 adults, 6 teens & 9 elders.
They all showed up (minus a few of the adults)at my comm. Lot beach, in my UNI 'Hood. lol
It felt amazing....

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 10:38 PM Last edited by VirtualAlex : 12th Feb 2018 at 11:25 PM.
Thank you! Only yesterday I was wishing for this very thing!

Look at how busy the park is today!!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 4:04 AM
Hi guys, thanks very much for the support, really appreciate it. Version 2 is here. It has the same function as original version 1, but now is more simplified and more configurable. You can easily set the number of customer of your own desire using SimPE. And also you can set random number of customer each hour based on min and max value you've set. If you want to set fixed number of customer like the one in version 1, just set min and max with same value (The upload version has value number of customer random from 20 to 30). You can set to maximum 100 sims (if your computer can handle it. I only use maximum 25 sims per lot in my PC). You can also can decide whether you want the value you set affect business lot or not. Please note that customer that visit your business lot will still be affected by your business rank, but the number is adjusted by community lot visitor you've set. This is not necessary re-download nor a fix, though.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 2:51 AM
Thank you very much for this mod, specially the configurable file! Although I was a bit surprised when I learned you had the downtownie sims set at 100/100/100, which explained why the first comm lot I tried (after installing the configurable file) struggled to load for so long that I did a end task to the game. I have townie/downtownie visitors all sorted in my file now and it is really awesome to have busy comm lots.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 4:12 AM Last edited by piqiwi : 23rd Feb 2018 at 5:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SleepycatDSL
Thank you very much for this mod, specially the configurable file! Although I was a bit surprised when I learned you had the downtownie sims set at 100/100/100, which explained why the first comm lot I tried (after installing the configurable file) struggled to load for so long that I did a end task to the game. I have townie/downtownie visitors all sorted in my file now and it is really awesome to have busy comm lots.

You are welcome. Glad to hear that this mod is useful for you, thank you for the report and I am sorry for the configuration problem. Although the 100 value is supposed to be for maximum and should be limited by "Max Visitor" in next tuning. At least in my game with this configuration, I never have more than 30 sims in lot, every hour there are sims that come and go. But I'll check it again. Anyway, I am glad to hear that you can overcome this problem and make this mod works in your game

(EDIT) I found the problem. I should have modified one more BHAV : Downtown lot process. I have updated my mod and re-upload the v2. I remove the downtown tuning, so the downtown and regular community lot will use the same community lot visitor tuning. Thanks again for the finding and the report.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 2:25 PM
You're very welcome. I'll grab the new file and try it out. I meant to mention that on downtown lots sims all seemed to want to arrive before mine, instead of the usual arriving slowly one by one. I suspect they just want to get the hot tub first. <laughs>
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SleepycatDSL
You're very welcome. I'll grab the new file and try it out. I meant to mention that on downtown lots sims all seemed to want to arrive before mine, instead of the usual arriving slowly one by one. I suspect they just want to get the hot tub first. <laughs>

Haha. I think that because the "Min Num Sims per bring" and "Max Num Sims per bring" that I set random from 3 and 8 instead of the default value 1. I like if my community lot full of sims faster You can try to change the value to 1 for both "Min Num Sims per bring" and "Max Num Sims per bring" if you more prefer the visitors come one by one
Field Researcher
#12 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by piqiwi
Haha. I think that because the "Min Num Sims per bring" and "Max Num Sims per bring" that I set random from 3 and 8 instead of the default value 1. I like if my community lot full of sims faster You can try to change the value to 1 for both "Min Num Sims per bring" and "Max Num Sims per bring" if you more prefer the visitors come one by one

I may try that. While I love seeing a busy comm lot when my sim gets there, it slows down the loading of the lot when 30 sims want to get there first. <laughs> I really do love this mod. It is so very nice to see the lots I've built, actually being used by my sims. It always felt like a ghost town before. Thank you again!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 5:42 PM
While I love what your mod does..........it locks up my game & causes serious crashes. I've only got it loading 15 sims. Doesn't matter the size of the lot. All goes well for a short while, then seizes up. A shame. Seeing more sims in my community lots was wonderful.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mollypup
While I love what your mod does..........it locks up my game & causes serious crashes. I've only got it loading 15 sims. Doesn't matter the size of the lot. All goes well for a short while, then seizes up. A shame. Seeing more sims in my community lots was wonderful.

I am sorry to hear that. May be if you have error log that is created when the crash happen, I investigae what cause the error. I have 17-25 sims in my community lots without any error. I set 25 because if more than that, my game will experience noticable slow down, but no crash. Sim visitors in TS2 can be very demanding in term of PC resources. Or may be you can try to install version 2 of this mod and change the value to a number less than 15, for instance 12, using SimPE. Version 2 of this mod is more configurable.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 8:19 PM
Hi! Thank you very much for this amazing mod! I have a question - will this mod work in the travel expansion pack? I really want to have more people in my resorts
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LilyCross
Hi! Thank you very much for this amazing mod! I have a question - will this mod work in the travel expansion pack? I really want to have more people in my resorts

Hi, This mod won't affect hotel lot, but it will affect community lot in vacation area. I'll see if I can make this affect visitors in hotel lot, but I am not promised anything though
Mad Poster
#17 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 6:26 PM
I have a question for you, Piqiwi. Is it normal that community lots don't seem to *reset* ? If I send a sim on a community lot for the first time, non-playables will start to show slowly, but there might not be anyone when my sim arrives. Then if I send that same sim on a community lot he already visited, everyone is still there...like they never left. Is it supposed to do this?
Thank you.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I have a question for you, Piqiwi. Is it normal that community lots don't seem to *reset* ? If I send a sim on a community lot for the first time, non-playables will start to show slowly, but there might not be anyone when my sim arrives. Then if I send that same sim on a community lot he already visited, everyone is still there...like they never left. Is it supposed to do this?
Thank you.

No, it is not normal. My community lots always reset when my sims visit them, and that is what supposed to happen, since you cannot save in community lot. And I believe it is nothing to do with this mod.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 12:01 AM
So this means, I must investigate as to why my lots are full of sims when mine arrives...Ok. I know it right before the lots even load, because I can start hearing them all while it is loading. It does not always fits with the loading tunes..lol

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#20 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 8:55 AM
Very awesome mod Works flawlessly with the 20 sim capacity version. any more than 20 sims and I would have had problems. I have an i5 with Intel HD graphics 4400 integrated native graphic card, and 6 GB ram. ( it's a laptop. ) Even with 20 sims in my lots it still runs at 60 FPS.
I made a neighborhood of all my high school friends that I graduated with and with more sims, it feels like a big party and a virtual class reunion. Thank you so much for this mod.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#21 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 6:59 AM
Any possibility this could be applied to apartment lots?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 5:36 AM
even 15 sim visitors limit makes the lot more lively. I Could use 35 visitor amount, but my PC really does lag a lot and it doesn't make sense to me in context of small lots, that can be cafes with 3 tables in them - Sims just get crowded in spawn areas and they hang out with each other right there.
It's a great mod, that opens many possibilities, nonetheless. Thank you.
Retired Live Chat Moderator
#23 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 7:59 PM
This is one of the greatest mods out there. Absolutely LOVE IT <3

I was getting 2 visitors to community lots and they were DEAD. I tried 20 but it was a little laggy so I went to 15 and voila... perfection.

My coffee shop never looked better!

Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 1:02 AM
Default Crowded around bartender

Mod is great, yet I need to make a bigger lot with more activities, or else sims will get crowded in one place again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 3:47 PM
Works awesomely! Thank you!!
Page 1 of 2