Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 6:59 PM
Default AwesomeMod pedophilia system vs Nraas Woohooer?
I'll only say this - I don't welcome having puritanical conservative values shoved down my throat. I don't live in America, I neither understand nor care about American culture, and I want nothing to do with it. End of story.

Will Woohooer's teen-adult romance option trigger Awesome's "pedophilia" system, even if you have teen-adult romance disabled from Awesomemod's config?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 8:51 PM
This seems to be a question about Nraas. You should ask there about it. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Chatterbox
#3 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 10:23 PM
"Teen-adult" isn't pedophilia either. Though I suppose that's neither here nor there. I've been on tumblr too damn long.
Scholar
#4 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 10:36 PM
i'm dying XD every time someone makes a topic on this subject it always takes this direction.
It's about your intentions, you know what youre doing.
It's your game and from whats commonly been discussed typically people put a teen/adult situation together with no ill intentions so...

anyway this topic is about awesome mod and nraas, I'm not entirely sure but there's definitely a long topic about how someone got locked out of their save or something because of awesome mods relationship restrictions. It's definitely a possibility.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 11:51 PM
Many folks would say 13+adult is pretty darn bad, but older teens is not........ but this is a game and we do all sorts of things in the game that may be no-no in RL. Such as black widow challenges. Pools with no ladders in the past. Many things.
:D
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 12:43 AM Last edited by Elynda : 25th Jan 2018 at 1:18 AM. Reason: Edit
The only time I tried using Awesome Mod, the perfectly innocent father of my teen sim got carted away because she was making out with her teen boyfriend. They were in the living room and he was in the back garden, painting a picture. Sims cops are dumb enough already, there's no sense in making them dumber! I will stick with Nraas from now on.

EDIT: I've just read that the game will shut down if you attempt to use Woohooer to override Awesome's restrictions. (https://nraas.wikispaces.com/Awesome)

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 3:29 AM
The answer to the original question is that yes, if one is playing with AwesomeMod in place then Woohooer's or any other mechanism if successful to allow for teen-older romance will trigger Awesome's pedo bear response. But if Awesome is set to actually disallow such activities, not just react to them, I really don't think any other mod can override that. Awesome is a Core Mod and should trump whatever things script mods like Woohooer attempt to unlock so there shouldn't be much risk there. Except for the risk of just not being able to have teen-older relations.

The whole game locking up thing happens if an ongoing game save has "seen" AwesomeMod at some point in its history, the mod is removed by whatever means or another mod is designed by the player specifically to try to get around its limitations, and some other process then subsequently attempts to allow teen-older in that or those particular ongoing game(s).

American culture has nothing to do with this, or not much anyway. The strictness of Awesome's limitations are solely on and up to its developer.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 3:16 PM
IMHO, the teenagers in this game do not look like children at all. They're quite tall, the girls have a fairly large default breast size, and the boys are quite muscular.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Le Carrera
IMHO, the teenagers in this game do not look like children at all. They're quite tall, the girls have a fairly large default breast size, and the boys are quite muscular.

It least there are some differences such as height......... not like 4. Don't get me started about that.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 6:07 PM
Are there any other "gotchas" in Awesome mod other than the teen-adult thing? They're not very nice over there and I don't see anything awesome mod can do that I can't do with NRAAS.

I trust NRAAS for quality mods that won't destroy my computer. Awesome mods? not so much.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 6:31 PM
Awesome is, again, a Core Mod and it includes its own custom trait loader and custom traits. If an ongoing game is not prepared for the removal of Awesome by way of an uninstall console command first, then it will become toast if the mod is suddenly yanked out on it as sims will have undefined traits, the game's dream manager will go crazy with undefined type errors, sims formerly marked as "Chosen Ones" (or something like that) will be likely to become corrupt as "Chosen" won't mean anything anymore, etc.

But Awesome doesn't destroy computers. Players do. Like many other mods, it does have the potential to ruin already ongoing game saves that have had it in play should the player no longer wish to have it anymore, nothing more than that.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 7:01 PM
As a player what I found difficult with awesome mod was the lack of documentation. There was a small list of things I could disable or enable but majority of the bug fixes weren't mentioned anywhere. Some of the things that were fixed/changed, weren't bugs to me at all, and there was no way to stop the mod changing that specific game play feature. Either you took the whole massive mod or nothing. I can understand the logic of behind of not documenting everything so the player could discover new additions, similarly when you get a new EP, and that's exciting. But if something I liked was made different or I downright disagreed with, no thanks. Now, I don't know in what state awesome mod is, haven't tried it in years.

But then Twallan/Nraas came along with its clear documentation and the master controller could be used to change the limit of custom sliders so I didn't have to use awesome mod anymore!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 3:01 AM
I've been using awesomemod for over a year and recently updated it and have also got 113 NRaas Mod files in my game without any issues other than that AM fixes issues in schools with the overcrowding and routing fails as well as routing fails in larger worlds with only one school.I can always use height slider edited young adults for teens in romances with adults and for teens woo hooing.
I started with NRaas and really only got awesomemod because of the routing and overcrowding issues with the schools which are known to be mainly caused by the game's automated assignment which kicks in even in larger worlds with one school leading to some students route failing in transit and not making it to school.